Liberty infiniti question

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Liberty infiniti question

Post by gunningbadger »

I already have a Ti rant 9 and am wondering about the liberty Infiniti. Is it worth it to get one if I already have a good 9mm can?
John4045
Silent Operator

Re: Liberty infiniti question

Post by John4045 »

I have a TiRant 9 as well and at the time of purchase it was between that and the Osprey. The Infiniti looks like an impressive can and only you can decide if it's worth it. Personally, I don't think it head and shoulders above the TiRant. You've already got one of the top performing 9 cans out there.

If you want something better, I think you already have it. If you just want another can for the sake of owning another can, then more power to you. :mrgreen: Suppressors I tell 'ya...it's the worst disease one could have.
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

Yeah. It's definitely a sickness. Lol
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Depends on what you want it for if just 9mm the tirant is prolly better. If you want it for more versitility go for it. You may want to comsider the mystic for that instead though since its rated for more calibers and you already have a light 9mm can so why not get the mystic for what the Tirant wont do.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Damn! :P

You should have say,,"any questions?" . :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

yet another liberty can goes on my "To Purchase" List
I've gotta stop this habit.
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

Holy hell. Do want. Too bad I just started on a new Ti rant 45. This guy will have to wait.
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by lafsnguy »

What ammo were you using with the sparrow? Sounded like it was going supersonic.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Just CCI standard..My 9mm load I upped awhile back to get better accuracy..I went from 3.9 of 231 to 3.4..originally did that to get the Smith's to cycle while breaking in but then found out it made them one holers..Louder but worth it..

lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by lafsnguy »

Well that was quite impressive. My stamp for my infiniti should be in any day now. I was approved on the 25th still no stamp. Beginning to think they are fucking with me.
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Buzduk »

lafsnguy wrote:Well that was quite impressive. My stamp for my infiniti should be in any day now. I was approved on the 25th still no stamp. Beginning to think they are fucking with me.
It really feels like that sometimes doesn't it?
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Chondro wrote:Just CCI standard..My 9mm load I upped awhile back to get better accuracy..I went from 3.9 of 231 to 3.4..originally did that to get the Smith's to cycle while breaking in but then found out it made them one holers..Louder but worth it..
I load 9 this week and thinking 3.8 of 231, so you saying you " now " go to 3.9?

This good in 9 mm AR too no? I have much A#5 also, you ever try that?

Trying to use up what I have. :mrgreen: Slower burn may be better though.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

The load I started with was 3.9 grains of 231. Now I'm using 3.4 grains of 231. I was playing around with 3.1 and 3.2 and when I upped it I started getting one hole groups out of my M&P..They were actually some leftover trial loads I had made up for my Glock 26 to get it to cycle but found with the hotter load the accuracy was alot better..The 3.9 is great for sound but doesn't shoot for s--t..

I've got a bunch of Acurate #2, 5, 7 and 9 but haven't used that since I got into cans..Even have an almost brand new 3lb can left over of WAP that is no longer made that I plan to try sometime..I had that from my steel shooting days for my .356TSW. This summer I plan to play around again more for sound..This is the quietest load I came up with to date..Still super secret 8) ..But not much punch to it.. :lol: I gota dig it out again and try that load in the Infiniti if I can find my notes.. :P

Oh the first 5 shots here are 3.6 grains of N320 under a 147 or 150..That seems to be the thought on what special K is..I'd never bother with N320 again..Hard to find, super expensive and 231 is cleaner IMHO. 231 is about is about as fast a burn as Bullseye which I believe is still the fastest burn of all..Or did you mean number 5?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWAtQ_Ny ... ature=plcp

Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Thanks, I try 3.4gr too then. Have you try that load in AR carbine? (Trying to load for both)

The "5" was accurate #5, I have 8lbs of it to try and get rid of! Only have 6lbs of w231 and use it on 38 and 45 . :cry: