what else do i need to do after i have got my silencer

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

gml416

what else do i need to do after i have got my silencer

Post by gml416 »

I have received an osprey .45 silencer for my kimber crimson carry II. I have heard that i need to modify some things within the gun itself like spring etc. Is this true or will the gun function perfectly fine how it is. I don't want to start shooting a lot and later on come into a problem because i did not take the proper precautions.
kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Re: what else do i need to do after i have got my silencer

Post by kaotic504 »

you will at least need a threaded barrel.

i have a threaded Springfield MC Operator and I didn't really change anything. i have a 17lb mainspring but i have a factory recoil spring.
thoppe
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thoppe »

Next Step: Start saving for the next one! :lol:
3 weelin geezer
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3 weelin geezer »

Go shoot it?? :?:
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Look up at the sky, say thanks, and pray for the souls
that are waiting for their paperwork to cross over the River
Styx, which circles Hades 9 times ... just like the number of months
you wait. :) :)

Many happy years of safe, hearing safe shooting.
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

shoot it a lot
NP
DnB_TeK

Post by DnB_TeK »

shoot it, clean it....and where's the pics at????
ghostdog662
Silent But Deadly

Post by ghostdog662 »

Make sure you keep it clean.
LP
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

You need at least one firearm to mount it on a LOTS and lots of ammo for it. Then comes the bad news you just did the drug addicts equivalent of smoking crack for the first time and your not gonna be able to kick the habit. If your married gets the wifes ok or learn to hide it form her cause your gonna need to divert funds to buy more of all the things to make your life better. Then hope you do not get it real bad cause then suppressors will not be enough and then your gonna have to move up to mg's to get your fix. It is a horrible cycle.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

rogerme wrote:You need at least one firearm to mount it on a LOTS and lots of ammo for it. Then comes the bad news you just did the drug addicts equivalent of smoking crack for the first time and your not gonna be able to kick the habit. If your married gets the wifes ok or learn to hide it form her cause your gonna need to divert funds to buy more of all the things to make your life better. Then hope you do not get it real bad cause then suppressors will not be enough and then your gonna have to move up to mg's to get your fix. It is a horrible cycle.

I haven't even sent off my form 4 for two cans I purchased and I've already ordered 3 more. To top it off I'm already considering a MG. It's addicting even without a first taste! I fear I will truly be screwed when I finally get to shoot 'em.
I've gotta stop this habit.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

OJB4 wrote:I haven't even sent off my form 4 for two cans I purchased and I've already ordered 3 more. To top it off I'm already considering a MG. It's addicting even without a first taste! I fear I will truly be screwed when I finally get to shoot 'em.
If your going to get a MG buy LOTS of ammo. The funny thing about a mg is when you think you have enough ammo for a very long time you quickly realize there is almost non left.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith