Bought a Umarex MP5SD .22LR , Liberty Mystic

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Bought a Umarex MP5SD .22LR , Liberty Mystic

Post by Jt.kline19 »

I just bought this gun pretty much just cause I seen it , and I was like I'll take it. I have been contimplating on how I can suppress it. So far my thoughts are SBR it, and thread the barrel to take a P22 Adapter or a Mosquito adapter, and then just Use the Liberty Mystic that I'm pending on, but only thing that six about that is waiting another 5-6 months for a form1 to clear.

So Im thinking of chopping the barrel back far enough, and welding a Tube that is around the same ID of the Mystics OD to the end of the barrel/ with a thread adapter already in place. I figure it would save me a wait and money, and I would have the same SD look. Tell me what you think of my idea, I wanna say Ive seen someone do this with an MP22 to avoid a SBR stamp.

Any good gunsmiths that might do that type of work for me?? I will have to call Liberty tomorrow and see if then can do the build for me. Im really just looking for suggestions it seems like a pretty good idea since i estimate about the end of march to get my mystic.
I also haven't seen it done, nor do I have a welder or any machining tools.
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Re: Bought a Umarex MP5SD .22LR , Liberty Mystic

Post by 82nd airborne »

I just did one. Way more difficult than it should be. Crap flies everywhere if you take it apart wrong. Basically, you are going to have to make a press fit adaptor that is about 6" long. Well, I take that back, you can do one just like you would make an adapter for a small .22 pistol barrel, but it was no where near rigid enough for my liking. I would have sold you mine. Its a cool gun, but I prefer the AR 22's after having both.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

That is a skinny barrel to hang a 15oz can and steel shroud on.

Adapter is easy and about $85 (adapter included)
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

I just thread the end on mine then made a adapter to 1/2x28 without the adapter on you see nothing. Though it does look a bit odd with the suppressor on it.

"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

I want to suppress the same gun, but thinking of using the SS sparrow for the can, with a shroud covering it to keep the SD look. Since the barrel is pretty thin, I'm thinking it would be best to just SBR it and get an adapter and be done wit it. Has anyone replaced their barrels or is that just too much trouble?
dbrown
Senior Silent Operator

Post by dbrown »

[quote="D9M9TR9S"]Since the barrel is pretty thin, I'm thinking it would be best to just SBR it and get an adapter and be done wit it. Has anyone replaced their barrels or is that just too much trouble?[/quote]

I have the PK version that came threaded. I purchased an adaptor for it and so far it works well. Mine is also an SBR. Replacing the barrel would have been a pain and would have added to the cost of an already expensive 22.
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

dbrown wrote:
D9M9TR9S wrote:Since the barrel is pretty thin, I'm thinking it would be best to just SBR it and get an adapter and be done wit it. Has anyone replaced their barrels or is that just too much trouble?
I have the PK version that came threaded. I purchased an adaptor for it and so far it works well. Mine is also an SBR. Replacing the barrel would have been a pain and would have added to the cost of an already expensive 22.

I didn't know there was a PK version. Do you mean the GSG one or HK?
dbrown
Senior Silent Operator

Post by dbrown »

[quote="D9M9TR9S"][quote="dbrown"][quote="D9M9TR9S"]Since the barrel is pretty thin, I'm thinking it would be best to just SBR it and get an adapter and be done wit it. Has anyone replaced their barrels or is that just too much trouble?[/quote]

I have the PK version that came threaded. I purchased an adaptor for it and so far it works well. Mine is also an SBR. Replacing the barrel would have been a pain and would have added to the cost of an already expensive 22.[/quote]

I didn't know there was a PK version. Do you mean the GSG one or HK?[/quote]

My bad; yes I mean the GSG.
Stout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stout »

Yup. The GSG5 PK is very nice and suppresses well too. But the barrel is not threaded, the upper receiver is threaded on the inside so the adapter is like a bushing that centers the barrel on the receiver. I think it's a completely different animal from the SD as the cocking tube is shorter. But the bushing may be similar.

Here's my registered SBR in the back yard. The shell cases hitting the ground are louder than the shots. Shooting at a 8" round 1/2" steel plate at about 40 yards. Ding, Ding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvxtCV-anD8
dbrown
Senior Silent Operator

Post by dbrown »

[quote="Stout"]Yup. The GSG5 PK is very nice and suppresses well too. But the barrel is not threaded, the upper receiver is threaded on the inside so the adapter is like a bushing that centers the barrel on the receiver. I think it's a completely different animal from the SD as the cocking tube is shorter. But the bushing may be similar.

Here's my registered SBR in the back yard. The shell cases hitting the ground are louder than the shots. Shooting at a 8" round 1/2" steel plate at about 40 yards. Ding, Ding.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvxtCV-anD8[/url][/quote]

Hmm I did not know this. I will have to go look at mine more closely. I've never taken the barrel out
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

dbrown wrote:
Stout wrote:Yup. The GSG5 PK is very nice and suppresses well too. But the barrel is not threaded, the upper receiver is threaded on the inside so the adapter is like a bushing that centers the barrel on the receiver. I think it's a completely different animal from the SD as the cocking tube is shorter. But the bushing may be similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvxtCV-anD8
Hmm I did not know this. I will have to go look at mine more closely. I've never taken the barrel out
My gsg5 pk was factory threaded. The SD was not.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

rogerme wrote:I just thread the end on mine then made a adapter to 1/2x28 without the adapter on you see nothing. Though it does look a bit odd with the suppressor on it.

Can you post a photo showing the entire gun with the suppressor installed from the side?

I just bought the H&K(Walther) MP5 A5 and want to use a GemTech Outback II on it.

Thanks,
mbogo
7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen:
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

mbogo wrote:
Can you post a photo showing the entire gun with the suppressor installed from the side?

I just bought the H&K(Walther) MP5 A5 and want to use a GemTech Outback II on it.

Thanks,
mbogo
Ok here ya go here is not only the view from the side but I used my outback ii for ya. I am such a nice guy...

Clint Smith
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

rogerme wrote:
mbogo wrote:

Thanks,
mbogo
Ok here ya go here is not only the view from the side but I used my outback ii for ya. I am such a nice guy...

Thanks a lot!

mbogo
7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen: