Gemtech Oasis Questions

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Gemtech Oasis Questions

Post by seattlite »

All,

For the folks that own one, would you still buy one today? How do you clean? What type of ammo do you use?

Any other comments regarding the Pistol will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Gemtech Oasis Questions

Post by Bendersquint »

seattlite wrote:All,

For the folks that own one, would you still buy one today? How do you clean? What type of ammo do you use?

Cheers
I would buy one only if it was jailbroken as soon as you bought it. They build alot of junk up fast inside and without being able to service it from day one you will always be playing catchup.

Only way to clean it in its current condition is a borebrush/snake.

I would save my money for something thats coming to market soon that is quieter, and can be 100% serviced.

seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Post by seattlite »

Jailbreak....from Gemtech or from whom? Also...any clues on what's coming to market soon?
sukhoi
Silent But Deadly

Post by sukhoi »

Stalking Rhino Industries jailbreaks it of course and id bet to say is also coming out with that "something" as well... Id do what he says and wait lol
Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

sukhoi wrote:Stalking Rhino Industries jailbreaks it of course and id bet to say is also coming out with that "something" as well... Id do what he says and wait lol
Holy cow, sukhoi is psychic or something(and right!). :wink:
diablito
Silent But Deadly

Post by diablito »

gemtech will jailbreak it for you IF you ask nicely!

i collect integral ruger pistols... i have 11, all from different builders... oasis holds its own! money well spent.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

diablito wrote:gemtech will jailbreak it for you IF you ask nicely!

i collect integral ruger pistols... i have 11, all from different builders... oasis holds its own! money well spent.
Hmm, every customer we have with an Oasis was denied by GemTech. We have even called to get them to do it and they said NO.

I fear asking what is necessary to be done to get such a favor.
greytamer

Post by greytamer »

Wow! Which integrals do you have? Which is your favorite, the quietest, user serviceable for cleaning? I want one that is serviceable but can't decide who to go with. feel free to PM if you don't want to derail the thread. Thanks.
seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Post by seattlite »

greytamer wrote:

Wow! Which integrals do you have? Which is your favorite, the quietest, user serviceable for cleaning? I want one that is serviceable but can't decide who to go with. feel free to PM if you don't want to derail the thread. Thanks.
Please feel free to post answers in this thread...I'm sure others(including myself) would like to know also.
seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Post by seattlite »

FYI....I sent Gemtech an email inquiry regarding whether they can modify an Oasis Pistol to be user disassembled for cleaning. Their response: "Not at this time".
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

seattlite wrote:FYI....I sent Gemtech an email inquiry regarding whether they can modify an Oasis Pistol to be user disassembled for cleaning. Their response: "Not at this time".
That probably explains why we are getting so many in for conversion to user serviceable. :wink:
seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Post by seattlite »

Opps....here is the whole quote: "Not at this time. With our current production schedule and shop services work load we do not have time to work on them except for repairs. We hope to offer an Outback-2D type upgrade to them at some point in the future"
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

seattlite wrote:Opps....here is the whole quote: "Not at this time. With our current production schedule and shop services work load we do not have time to work on them except for repairs. We hope to offer an Outback-2D type upgrade to them at some point in the future"
That probably explains why we are getting so many in for conversion to user serviceable. :wink:

They have said that about every pistol/rimfire can they have, and look at how many YEARS it took them to offer it for just the Outbacks...
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

Cheers
You can't buy one today. They're not in the catalog IIRC.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

GoingQuiet wrote:

Cheers
You can't buy one today. They're not in the catalog IIRC.
Correct, the only ones NIB for sale are old stock, they stopped selling them because of problems with the barrel separating from the aluminum Tactical Solutions shell.
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

Bendersquint wrote:I would save my money for something thats coming to market soon that is quieter, and can be 100% serviced.
no fair with the vague foreshadowing man - maybe share some g2 on dates, dimensions, weights, decibels? maybe some tidbits on surface treatments and materials? come on, you know you want to tell us :)