New host from Ruger... 22/45 LITE

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

JDrin

New host from Ruger... 22/45 LITE

Post by JDrin »

http://www.ruger.com/products/2245Lite/ ... view-2245/

22.4 ounces and $469 retail... might be a better way to go than the Tac-Sol I was going to do.
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Re: New host from Ruger... 22/45 LITE

Post by CThomas »

Needs a bottom rail
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

I have had a TacSol liner break loose from the aluminum encasement (in a Gemtech Oasis integral - $$$), and I've read of others having the same problem. Given that, the tensioned liner that Ruger has used in this gun seems to be a much better design.
JDrin

Post by JDrin »

CThomas wrote:Needs a bottom rail

Why?

I ask, because some things make sense if you don't think about it.... something like that?

maybe a ""Laser""? ... why put a laser on the bottom? I like mine to be mounted on top so its right twice (sights permitting) :)

maybe a flashlight, or one of those pistol bayonets for the bottom?
seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Post by seattlite »

yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

JDrin wrote:
CThomas wrote:Needs a bottom rail

Why?

I ask, because some things make sense if you don't think about it.... something like that?

maybe a ""Laser""? ... why put a laser on the bottom? I like mine to be mounted on top so its right twice (sights permitting) :)

maybe a flashlight, or one of those pistol bayonets for the bottom?
I cant speak for him but when im out shooting at night its real hard to focus both the sights and the target in my pvs14 so a ir aiming laser is a must. Putting it on the top would block my red dot which I would like to have if needed in a pinch. Plus I plan on getting a ir illuminator in the future hopin surefire releases the x400ir to civilians
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

JDrin wrote:http://www.ruger.com/products/2245Lite/ ... view-2245/

22.4 ounces and $469 retail... might be a better way to go than the Tac-Sol I was going to do.
Both can have issues because of aluminum. when steel bolt pounds aluminum,,,Steel wins. :mrgreen: This is also why I no own a aluminum 10/22 barrel and KIDD makes LW 10/22 barrels with steel at both ends. (the best LW 10/22 barrel) :mrgreen:

The link to the baffle striking maybe from over torqued insert, still don't expect it to last like the good old MKII's!
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!