G23 .40 Suppressor design progress

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.
mx201er
Silent But Deadly

Re: G23 .40 Suppressor design progress

Post by mx201er »

Hopefully this will work a bit better for baffles, it should be pretty similar to the Element baffles. I'll probably also end up putting the notches in the front and the skirt to keep them all indexed the same like the Element..

"If you are mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside.
If you're the only dumbass with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet."
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

mx201er wrote:Hopefully this will work a bit better for baffles, it should be pretty similar to the Element baffles. I'll probably also end up putting the notches in the front and the skirt to keep them all indexed the same like the Element..

Pics looks good, just remember they are patented so I would recommend against using them. Hate to see Remington sue you for infringement.
mx201er
Silent But Deadly

Post by mx201er »

Bendersquint wrote: Pics looks good, just remember they are patented so I would recommend against using them. Hate to see Remington sue you for infringement.
ahh I had thought about patents, but from what I had heard I thought it was only an issue if you intended to profit from them.. how much would I have to change them to make that not an issue? The port and scoop seem to be pretty much standard on most k baffles, I think the only feature specific to that baffle are the indentations on the front; I made up all of the dimensions so I was hoping it would not be an issue..

Thanks for the reminder
"If you are mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside.
If you're the only dumbass with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet."
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

mx201er wrote:
Bendersquint wrote: Pics looks good, just remember they are patented so I would recommend against using them. Hate to see Remington sue you for infringement.
ahh I had thought about patents, but from what I had heard I thought it was only an issue if you intended to profit from them.. how much would I have to change them to make that not an issue? The port and scoop seem to be pretty much standard on most k baffles, I think the only feature specific to that baffle are the indentations on the front; I made up all of the dimensions so I was hoping it would not be an issue..

Thanks for the reminder
No, a patent prevents even personal use of the item.

You would have to consult a patent attorney to determine how much to change to be clear.

Read the patent then if you have questions about the patent give me a call.