T51 install question

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

DarkPhoenix
Senior Silent Operator

T51 install question

Post by DarkPhoenix »

In preparation for the stamp for my M4-2000, I got a few flash hiders for my rifles. The install is relatively easy, but I wanted to make sure this is ok. The T51 is installed on my msar stg556 (steyr aug clone). I have it all the way on the barrel, however, there is a gap as you can see. It is on there good and tight with rocksett, but I just wanted to make sure this was ok before I shoot it. For comparison, I installed the flash hider on my AUG, and it meets the barrel firmly in this area with no gap. What do you all think?
Shea
Silent Operator

Re: T51 install question

Post by Shea »

I had this same issue a little over a year ago. I'm assuming you have an E4 threaded 1/2 x 28. The best I could do on research was that it might be okay but no definite answers. Wanting to go the safe route I sent it to Adco and had them cut and recrown and install my AAC flash hider. Turned out perfect and the turn around time was a little over a week including shipping both ways. I don't remember the exact expense but it wasn't unreasonable. I would certainly suggest this as you know it's done right and it will look correct too. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Shea
DarkPhoenix
Senior Silent Operator

Re: T51 install question

Post by DarkPhoenix »

Thanks for the fast reply!
It is an early gun so it is the 13x1lh. I was actually thnking of contacting adco to have them do what you described. While it seems like it would be ok, I would hate to destroy my new suppressor. Thank you for the advise!