Glock 26 (w/ G19 factory threaded barrel) & Trident 9

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

wgsig

Glock 26 (w/ G19 factory threaded barrel) & Trident 9

Post by wgsig »

Range report:

I have a 2.5 gen G26 and recently purchased a Glock factory G19 threaded barrel in 13.5x1LH. I've been using a P226 with my Trident 9. The P226 has a Sig factory threaded barrel in 13.5x1LH.

The point of aim is exactly the same between the factory G26 barrel and the G19 threaded barrel. With the Trident 9 attached, same POI. No problems at all, and sounded the same as the P226. There's about a 1/4 inch or less difference between the threaded barrel lenths of the two pistols.

I wanted to post my results because i've never seen any other reports of this combination used. I LOVE the G26 and it feels very balanced and comfortable with the Trident attached. It tames the recoil and makes it feel just like a larger pistol. The longer G19 barrel with thread protector (Sig factory protector) looks fine and is still smaller than a Glock 19. I think it's also going to be much more reliable than with a shorter threaded G26 barrel.

The only drawback is for people who can't shoot without all of their fingers on the grip. I have no problem shooting with only two fingers, but if that is a problem, go with a 19.
finn
Silent But Deadly

Re: Glock 26 (w/ G19 factory threaded barrel) & Trident 9

Post by finn »

I got talked into that setup by Mike@tornado. Still haven't sent it off for work. College is taking away my firearms play time.
wgsig

Post by wgsig »

I took the easy way and just got a barrel that was factory threaded. Here's what the set-up looks like anyway.

Silent But Deadly

Post by 1 »

Ha, I have all of this to try at home!

In the past I've not had good luck with cyclic reliability on the G26. I'll be interested in trying out my factory barrel with the Trident
"It's an Airsoft that kills people."
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1 »

Well I did it. And what wgsig wrote is spot on.

I fired a box of 50 through it and already this is hands down the most accuracy I've ever gotten out of a suppressed glock. Not that accuracy in the past has been bad, just that this grouped noticeably better.

Another great feat was the fact that this is the first time I've ever gotten any reliability out of the G26 suppressed. I had one first round stove pipe and then the other 49 ran as perfect as could be expected. I don't know if it's the fact I'm running a factory Glock barrel as opposed to the LWC in the past or the fact it's a longer G19 threaded barrel but whatever it is. It's a great combination.

A long nosed G26/19 hybrid for suppressed use.

Good call wgsig!
wgsig

Post by wgsig »

Glad I was able to give you the kick in the pants to get that gear on the range!

I think your success was the result of the longer barrel. It seems that that reliability with a sub 4" barrel is a rare thing.

The suppressed G26 is just plain fun!!
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1 »

Oh yeah. It was a blast. And I have to admit the grouping I got sighting through the can with a set of Heinie Ledges was very impressive to me. I ran that group at a nominal 10 yards but it showed a lot of promise. It's the first time I've ever gotten a 26 to perform like a 19.
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1 »

I had to throw this into the thread.

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

wgsig wrote:I took the easy way and just got a barrel that was factory threaded. Here's what the set-up looks like anyway.

Wouldn't that be awkwardly long without the suppressor attached? I mean for concealed carry and such. Can we get a pic w/o the suppressor?
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!
Prince Yamato
Silent But Deadly

Post by Prince Yamato »

This thread is awesome. I've been having cycling problems with my G26 and Eco-9. I wondered what was up. I don't know why I never thought of putting a factory g19 barrel in one!
wgsig

Post by wgsig »

Here's what the G26 looks like naked with only the G19 threaded barrel...

And I recently purchased a G19 as my primary suppressor host. It has EXCELLENT balance.

Broken11B
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Broken11B »

My G19 and suppressor.

The Glock 19, for my purposes, was the best all around size and fit. I can easily conceal it (without the can), and it still fits well in my hand. With the 9 ounce suppressor, it's not front heavy at all.

In South Carolina, if you are carrying a concealed weapon, it has to be under 12 inches on overall length, so my Glock and suppressor wouldn't make the cut. Maybe a .22 pistol + suppressor would squeeze in under that length.
No2sc2
Senior Silent Operator

Post by No2sc2 »

So what happens if you got a regular g26 threaded barrel? You think it would be a problem? I am in a debate between the 2 glocks. Of course I want the g26 but I don't want to encounter problems cause of the lengths. There are barrels out there for the g26, its just extended and threaded, unlike yours where you used a g19 barrel for a g26.
Prince Yamato
Silent But Deadly

Post by Prince Yamato »

I think I'll add an addendum here: my cycling issue actually had to do with a broken slide release. It was not piston or pistol related. The G26 cycles 100% with a factory G26 barrel that I had threaded.
Irelander
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Irelander »

finn wrote:...College is taking away my firearms play time...
Ah college. I sometimes sit and dream of all the toys I could have had if I hadn't went to college. Then I wake up in my cubicle and start screaming.
CZ 452 + TAC65 = "CLICK" :D