SWR Spectre 2?

Post by AirMech74 »

Any user reviews on the Spectre 2?
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Re: SWR Spectre 2?

Post by Sigproshooter »

Waiting to see one myself.

I'm not sold on another 200 bucks. I've always been very happy with my Spectre, and cleaning is not a problem.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

Given how new they are, would any have reached end-users yet? I'm still waiting on my dealer-to-dealer transfer to complete so I can start enjoying the other long wait for the opportunity to give the government my money.
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
FB3
Silent But Deadly

Post by FB3 »

They have been available for a while now. My dealer got three in almost two months ago. He is using one for a demo, and I have heard it several times on a P22 and it is excellent. I like the baffle design also. Keeps the tube clean. My Form 4 for one of them was submitted over a month ago.
Trevor2011
Silent But Deadly

Post by Trevor2011 »

i get visitation with mine in a few weeks. so ill post some video on youtube of it in action.
AirMech74

Post by AirMech74 »

Sweet...looking forward to a video. I submitted my form about a month ago for mine...this will be my first suppressor.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

I agreed to buy two of the Spectre II's from my dealer and am hoping that he gets them in soon so I can fill out my Form 4's for them. Sure hope they sound sweet since I'm buying two.
I've gotta stop this habit.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Here's my review. It's freckin the teets.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
danco302

Post by danco302 »

New to the forum.
i got to visit my Spectre II last night at the dealer. ran fifty rounds of GEM TECH thru it . AWESOME!!!!!
very quiet. I thought i had a couple of FTF on three separate occasions :mrgreen:
This is my first suppressor, I'm pretty happy with it .
Sorry, no pics. the wife had the camera
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

strobro32 wrote:Here's my review. It's freckin the teets.
Is it really better than the Spectre?
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

I'm not completely in love with the new mount or end cap but I think the sequel is lighter, quieter and easier to clean. That makes it better for me.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
Dogtired
Silent Operator

Post by Dogtired »

I just bought one, I will tell you my impressions after Christmas.
Machine Gun Matt
Silent But Deadly

Post by Machine Gun Matt »

Here's my $.02

I'm very Impressed!!!!

Built like a brick $hithouse, Its very quiet :shock: , there's almost no first round pop, disassembles very easy, machining is beautiful! MSRP is a really good value...

The only con is it didnt hold as tight of a group when compared with the Sparrow-SS and is about an inch longer. Shooting bulk pack Dynapoint from a Walther P-22

I can see the Spectre II being a big big seller for SWR/SilencerCo. :D

I bought 3 and one will stay in my inventory as a Demo :wink:
07/02 FFL-SOT
AirMech74

Post by AirMech74 »

I'm liking what you guys are saying....I hope my stamp will be in before the end of the year. I've got 3 different hosts to play with once it shows up. :D
saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

Post by saltydecimator »

got mine back from them in UT (upgrade)

shot it on tuesday. very quiet. no frp that i noticed.

baffles are just ded sexy!!!

i used to not like the new endcap either. but its lighter, more positive grip, itll do

here is a shitty vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQGfhEHiOPs&feature=plcp
its quiet time!
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

I got to touch mine briefly the other day. :cry:
T_Tactical
Senior Silent Operator

Post by T_Tactical »

I'm debating on sending in my Spectre for the upgrade. The new gen 2 baffles look to be thinner, could someone with calipers take a measurement on the baffle thickness?
JDrin

Post by JDrin »

Got to play with mine Friday. We put a few cans on a P-22 and a GSG 1911.
The Spectre2 sounded great with no FRP. The GSG sound was much much better than the P-22 with all the cans.

I am very happy with mine.
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

danco302 wrote:New to the forum.
i got to visit my Spectre II last night at the dealer. ran fifty rounds of GEM TECH thru it . AWESOME!!!!!
very quiet. I thought i had a couple of FTF on three separate occasions :mrgreen:
This is my first suppressor, I'm pretty happy with it .
Sorry, no pics. the wife had the camera

Isnt that like screwing your wife with someone else's dick?
Machine Gun Matt
Silent But Deadly

I had time to do more shooting with Specter II this weekend & also took it apart to clean it.

Put about 400 rds through it on the Walther P-22 and Ruger MKII, mostly Winchester Dynapoint.

Also ran 120 rds on 8.750" barreled M-16 22 Lr kit on Full Auto....Wow! it jacked the ROF up a bit more than the Sparrow, maybe because of the small expansion chamber?

This can is very quiet but It is a PIA to take apart once You have shot it, or don't wait as long as I did? :roll:

It seems that a lot off gas blow by gets in between the O.D. of the baffle and the I.D. of the tube?

I have the baffles in the Ultrasonic cleaner right now and man they are caked with carbon. :shock:
07/02 FFL-SOT
bamachem
Silent Operator

Post by bamachem »

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/ ... 426372.mp4

^^^. Vid clip of my neighbor (my Class III) shooting my Spectre II on my S&W 2213 pocket pistol. This thing is damn near movie quiet. Vid was taken from about 6-7 ft away with my iPhone, standing on a covered porch (intensifies the noise).

For loudness comparison, the "ping" you hear at the end is a 22 brass hitting the stainless grill after ejection...

We are shooting Winchester Subsonics in the vid. It's actually quieter on pistols (shot 2213 plus a Buck Mark sporting a 4" TacSol Barrel) than on my 10/22 (TacSol SB-X barrel), even when we hold the bolt closed for single shot operation. Amazing can!
www.parabellum.us
Type 01 FFL
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

That video makes me very happy, that's exactly one of my setups I'll be shooting regularly once the dot-gov decides I'm allowed to have my toy. Before I watched it, I was worried about the amplification of a covered patio, I'll be in that situation often, but it appears that's not really any issue at all.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

The 2213 is a great host with all the cans I try. :D
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

Machine Gun Matt wrote:I had time to do more shooting with Specter II this weekend & also took it apart to clean it.

Put about 400 rds through it on the Walther P-22 and Ruger MKII, mostly Winchester Dynapoint.

Also ran 120 rds on 8.750" barreled M-16 22 Lr kit on Full Auto....Wow! it jacked the ROF up a bit more than the Sparrow, maybe because of the small expansion chamber?

This can is very quiet but It is a PIA to take apart once You have shot it, or don't wait as long as I did? :roll:

It seems that a lot off gas blow by gets in between the O.D. of the baffle and the I.D. of the tube?

I have the baffles in the Ultrasonic cleaner right now and man they are caked with carbon. :shock:
Were is the gas blow by getting through ? I was thinking probably between the first baffle and the end cap.
Machine Gun Matt
Silent But Deadly

redtazdog wrote:
Machine Gun Matt wrote:I had time to do more shooting with Specter II this weekend & also took it apart to clean it.

Were is the gas blow by getting through ? I was thinking probably between the first baffle and the end cap.
I don't really know, It maybe that what ever lube was used heated up and flowed to the bottom and when cooled it built up. Thats the only thing I can come with.....Have yet to test it again!
07/02 FFL-SOT