Ranger 3

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ranger 3

Post by aries14482 »

rukazy wrote:AAC web site doesnt have any info on ranger 3 yet.
does anyone know the specs on this, weight, length, diameter, msrp?
Read the first page, especially the last post.
GSRswapandslow
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GSRswapandslow »

so...when can dealers order these? I expressed interest to my dealer, and he's as of yet to see/hear about them being available
GSRswapandslow
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GSRswapandslow »

nothing, huh?
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

GSRswapandslow wrote:nothing, huh?
1. I wouldn't hold my breath

2. They will ship eventually

3. It's a very cool design
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

bastards. i'd almost forgotten about the one i paid for last year until this thread came up in under "view new posts".
GSRswapandslow
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GSRswapandslow »

JasonM wrote:
GSRswapandslow wrote:nothing, huh?
1. I wouldn't hold my breath

2. They will ship eventually

3. It's a very cool design
i'm thinking i have to revisit my search and find another can now :-/ sucks, cause this honestly fits my every need...but with a 6 month+ wait already....i don't wanna be out another year
aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Post by aries14482 »

So what's the deal with these? I was hearing things like 'end of July' back in May.

I understand priorities shift, but I'd rather get a realist response instead of an optimistic one or no response at all.
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

JasonM wrote:[2. They will ship eventually
probably best approach to take. I'm working at forgetting I bought one until it actually shows up (unexpectedly at that point).
aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Post by aries14482 »

It's been specifically pointed out that the SR5 and SR7 have are delayed indefinitely. Does anyone know if the Ranger 3 falls into that same category and status?
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

aries14482 wrote:It's been specifically pointed out that the SR5 and SR7 have are delayed indefinitely. Does anyone know if the Ranger 3 falls into that same category and status?
Ranger3's have not been delayed or cancelled (as far as we all know)
Kick Ass Design
aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Post by aries14482 »

Thanks Jason.
No2sc2
Senior Silent Operator

Post by No2sc2 »

Forget Ranger 3, whens Sr7 releasing? -_-
Predator

Post by Predator »

1_ar_newbie wrote:
Slick wrote:I am assuming the general specs for it (length/weight) are approximately the same as the R2, correct?
No,the Ranger 3 is

13.8 OZ
6" long
adds 4.2" to the host gun
Sounds better than a Ranger 2 but not as good as an M4-2000. This is because the Ranger 3 is shorter than the M4-2000 (less volume)

With a retail of $550 this can really rocks!
Sorry to bump an old thread, but this is the only real info I have found on the Ranger3 that answers a question of mine, however it poses more questions. :)

My initial question that I set out to find an answer for was "Can I pin/weld a Ranger3 to a Colt 10.3" MK18 barrel and end up with a 16"+ barrel?" Since the suppressor is 6" long, I was hoping this would be the case, but Mike's post states that it only adds 4.2" to the host gun. That means I'm looking at having a 14.5" instead of a 16" barrel as an end result.

What I don't understand is how a 6" suppressor can only add 4.2" to the host gun when the thread length on the barrel is less than an inch? Where did all that length go?
I drank a case of beer, just to watch it die...
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

They include the length of the flashhider (1.8" or so for A2) you would be taking off.
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

jt526 wrote:They include the length of the flashhider (1.8" or so for A2) you would be taking off.
This. "length added" is length added versus the stock setup.
Kick Ass Design
aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Post by aries14482 »

Am I the only guy who has an imprint of a face in his desk that gets a little more defined every time this thread gets bumped and it turns out to having nothing to do with any update on info about the Ranger 3?

AAC,

[Jedihandthingy] You want to make Ranger 3 the top priority. You don't care about all those other cylindrical things that you can't remember the names of. All light and life should, naturally, bend to the importance of Ranger Three. You will begin to answer your phones "Makers of Ranger Three" and subsequently hum a nasal meditation chant for five seconds before addressing the caller. You don't care about the death of the Twinkie- you have Ranger Three to light the path to your own inner spongy sweet delight filled with silky smooth firearm operation nirvana. When meeting with Corporate representatives you will frequently inject the phrase "Ranger Three is the Social Media of the suppressor market" and produce an image with colored lines climbing up with the words 'Social Media,' and 'Ranger Three,' next to the two lines when appropriate. Remember: Pretentious night club. New Equipment orders. Gel Pen. [/Jedihandthingy]

Sincerely,

I Started to Read Something On Here But Now I've Got A Headache and A Nosebleed
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

aries14482 wrote: [Jedihandthingy]
I don't think the force is going to help you any. But... Maybe they will show a Ranger 3.5 or 4 this year for SHOT!? Oh boy!
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

aries14482 wrote:Am I the only guy who has an imprint of a face in his desk that gets a little more defined every time this thread gets bumped and it turns out to having nothing to do with any update on info about the Ranger 3?

AAC,

[Jedihandthingy] You want to make Ranger 3 the top priority. You don't care about all those other cylindrical things that you can't remember the names of. All light and life should, naturally, bend to the importance of Ranger Three. You will begin to answer your phones "Makers of Ranger Three" and subsequently hum a nasal meditation chant for five seconds before addressing the caller. You don't care about the death of the Twinkie- you have Ranger Three to light the path to your own inner spongy sweet delight filled with silky smooth firearm operation nirvana. When meeting with Corporate representatives you will frequently inject the phrase "Ranger Three is the Social Media of the suppressor market" and produce an image with colored lines climbing up with the words 'Social Media,' and 'Ranger Three,' next to the two lines when appropriate. Remember: Pretentious night club. New Equipment orders. Gel Pen. [/Jedihandthingy]

Sincerely,

I Started to Read Something On Here But Now I've Got A Headache and A Nosebleed
I would laugh if I hadn't paid for one of these a year ago...
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

jaredr wrote: I would laugh if I hadn't paid for one of these a year ago...
NFA - Don't buy it unless it's in stock at your dealer! (tm)

:)
homeless

Post by homeless »

Did these ever ship?

Where would I go to find one?
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Post by jurist »

None have shipped
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
Jullian Who?

Post by Jullian Who? »

I checked on the shipping status too. According to AAC they're still testing the Ranger 3 and mentioned they're trying to get it ready in time for SHOT 2013 or soon after. I've heard the "still testing" and "soon" line for at least 6 months now though.
aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Post by aries14482 »

[Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud.]
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

Spoke w/katie @ Major Malfunction today and she mentioned that her info from AAC says ranger 3's are about 2 months out from distributor shipping. we'll see...
aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Post by aries14482 »

Thanks for the update jared!