7.62 endcap strikes, is it because of 18t or ?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

trey_phish83
Silent But Deadly

7.62 endcap strikes, is it because of 18t or ?

Post by trey_phish83 »

7.62 sd 18t style.

first i threaded a lever action 30-30, put a 18t mount on it and my 762SD suppressor on top of it, shot it several time and started noticing a end cap strike every so often. i originally thought it was the gun, maybe the person who threaded it, but after yesterday, i question my first theory on what happens when shot.

i recently put together a savage axis, with a 300blk barrel swap that i bought from gunshack.com. it was a e.r. shaw barrel, sporter style. it looks beautiful, along with great threads on the end of it. i put it all together along with my 18t mount and suppressor. i doubled checked and made sure everything was tight and let it go. within the first 10 rounds i had a endcap strike again! i checked after, and everything was tight still.

how could this be happening on two different host weapons?

looking down the barrel of the savage from the receiver forward, everything looks great as if it lines up perfectly. am i missing something when checking the suppressor mounting?

regardless i would like to also say, this is a quiet quiet suppressor. i thought my 30-30 was quiet till i shot it on the 300blk with some subsonic bolt gun rounds.

any help is greatly appreciated.
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
57fairlane
Silent But Deadly

Re: 7.62 endcap strikes, is it because of 18t or ?

Post by 57fairlane »

Could be the 18t deal . . .

Its a two spring can right?

How loose is it when fully tightened down?

Have you contacted AAC?
trey_phish83
Silent But Deadly

Post by trey_phish83 »

it is tight when i screw it down, the springs are still springy, its honestly only been fire a few times.

i haven't e-mailed aac, i figure i'd post here and let them respond when they have a minute.
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

trey_phish83 wrote:i haven't e-mailed aac, i figure i'd post here and let them respond when they have a minute.
They've not been very good about posting on here, you're MUCH better off going to them.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy