300 AAC Black Out case cutting jig

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

vz58
Silent Operator

300 AAC Black Out case cutting jig

Post by vz58 »

I have made a tool to aid those of us using a Harbor freight chop saw.

This jig simply bolts in with the supplied bolts and greatly speeds and "standardizes" the rough cut off operation. Using this jig gives you a rough cut case a few thousands long with a nice even mouth. No more uneven mouths catching on the final trimmer!

To use it;
Just unscrew the thumb screw, catch the nut for reuse and set your clamp to the side.
Bolt it in using your 3mm allen wrench and start cutting. My friends are cutting around 30 cases a minute fairly easily. Just slide the case in from the left, the case rim catches on a protrusion, chop it, push the next case in against the base of the just cut case.

The just cut case gets ejected under spring power out the right side a couple inches and the next snaps in place!

This means your right hand never has to leave the saw handle and your left hand is feeding the cases.

Occasionally you will find a case hangs up. Almost always it is a damaged rim. I usually shoot a little shot of thin lubricant (Hornady one shot, silicone lube etc) into the jig before using if it has been sitting a few days and everything runs smoothly.

Here's the saw it is designed for. (pretty cheap from Harbor Freight)

Sorry for the short video, I am not smart phone upload savvy...
Notice the ejection of the cut case, If you put this at the end of a bench with a bucket below it does a good job of catching them.

If you use a USPS money order these are $45 shipped.. PM me for address.

IF YOU PAYPAL it is $45, fees included PLEASE include this forum name, your screen name, real name, address and Blackout jig

Ppal to vonzep58(removethis)@yahoo.com do not assume ppal puts your address on the pmt info. sometimes it does not.