Silent Operator

Re: Advice on Rimfire rifle host?

Post by Fire_Medic »

Ordered a Liberty Essence.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Gagtoe

Post by Gagtoe »

I just paid for a Warlock 2 for mine, it's my second can, so I'm good with .22LR only. If it was my first can, I'd go with something that had multi caliber capabilities.
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Guys,

How does the Savage Mark II FV-SR group w CCI Standard Velocity ammunition? Any where near the right twist for subsonic use?

Have two 22 LR cans to play with and interested in a squirrel getter.

Thanks!

Mike
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

Easily under .5" at 50yds on mine, when I do my part :lol: That's with both CCI Standard and Aguila Match Target (pretty much the same load). Other ammo opened up a tiny bit at 50yds, maybe .75-1.0" groups (Walmart bulk, Rem sub, Fed Target).

By subsonic I assume you mean the Aguila 60gr? Don't think so. But it keeps the CCI Standards sub still.

FYI, mine still shoots the same and I have not cleaned it since I got it in Dec 2010 :shock: Think it's about due for a bath.
Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

Post by Fire_Medic »

I bought a 5K round case of the CCI standard velocity and it shoots like a dream in my Savage FVSR, and it's the same ammo I saw liberty using in most of their videos and it was quiet, so I took a chance on it and I am glad I did. The rifle and ammo are way more accurate than I am, everyone who shoots the rifle just giggles at how accurate it is. Can't wait for my Essence to come in (and the ATF wait to be over) so I can shoot it on the Savage.......

For the price I got the CCI SV for, it was a no brainer, $250 for 5K. I have put 500 rounds through the rifle in the last week and not even made a dent in the case of ammo, lol......
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Very good news indeed. CCI SV is what my old High Standard M106 with the new 4" LSI threaded bbl likes with a can ... so I stock lots of it.

Thanks!