Advantage Arms .22lr conversion for Glock 19

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Broken11B
Senior Silent Operator

Advantage Arms .22lr conversion for Glock 19

Post by Broken11B »

I have a 9mm suppressor on the way and have shot the same model can from several .22s and like the versatility.

I was pointed in the direction of Advantage Arms for conversion kits and their threaded barrels as well.

Does anyone have any experience with this kit and/or the AA threaded barrel using it with the Glock 19?

Thanks.
700PSS
Elite Member

Re: Advantage Arms .22lr conversion for Glock 19

Post by 700PSS »

I have an AA kit and it runs great with my AAC Element. I hope you're not suggesting running an AA kit with a 9mm can. That wouldn't work. You need a very light can for that. I also wouldn't crud up a centerfire can with .22 rimfire gunk.
Broken11B
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Broken11B »

700PSS wrote:I have an AA kit and it runs great with my AAC Element. I hope you're not suggesting running an AA kit with a 9mm can. That wouldn't work. You need a very light can for that. I also wouldn't crud up a centerfire can with .22 rimfire gunk.
My manufacturer encourages it. I talked to him about it at length, fired his 9mm can on a .22lr 1911. He even went as far as to say (direct quote) "If anyone has a question or problem with it [9mm can on .22lr] just point them in my direction". So, I'd be happy to give you his e-mail address in a PM. I'm tired of having to argue why it's okay.

I'm not trying to argue the point to change your mind. If I have any problems doing what he told me I could do, and have done with his gear, then he can take it apart and clean it for me.

But, to the point: The can is 9 ounces. If the AA kit needs a lightweight .22 suppressor to function, 4 ounces or so, then I will just look for a different platform. That's what I really need to know. I was told by another shooter that the AA kit is very picky about ammo. If it doesn't work well with subsonic ammo, then it's not a good fit for me. Thanks!
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

I don't think subsonic/non-subsonic is going to matter given the length of the barrel. Most bulk-pack should stay subsonic in that length. However, the weight of the silencer, and the length of the silencer could hamper the cycling of the weapon. You'll want a fixed-barrel, and most of the Rugers will do just fine for you. Maybe a CZ Kadet too, but you'd need to ask someone more knowledgable than me on that... I know zilch about CZs. You'll want to stay away from the P22 and the Sig Mosquito as well if you're wanting to put on a heavier can.
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

I had a AA kit on my glock 17 and it was neither accurate nor reliable. It didnt like subs at all and only worked 100% with hyper velocity. Sold it! I use a s&W m&p 22lr and it's really accurate and runs like a sewing machine with bulk pack. The gun feels just like the 9mm. I have others but that's now my favorite!
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

Broken11B wrote:I have a 9mm suppressor on the way and have shot the same model can from several .22s and like the versatility.

I was pointed in the direction of Advantage Arms for conversion kits and their threaded barrels as well.

Does anyone have any experience with this kit and/or the AA threaded barrel using it with the Glock 19?

Thanks.
I have one for my Glock 19, and the threaded barrel they have for it on there site. I like it it eats most ammo I buy for it from wally world. Heres a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PimpRJeSuXc
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
JR1572
Silent Operator

Post by JR1572 »

Jt.kline19 wrote:
Broken11B wrote:I have a 9mm suppressor on the way and have shot the same model can from several .22s and like the versatility.

Thanks.
I have one for my Glock 19, and the threaded barrel they have for it on there site. I like it it eats most ammo I buy for it from wally world. Heres a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PimpRJeSuXc
I'm considering getting an AA kit for my Gen4 19, but I am a little concerned about my jailbroken YHM .22 Wraith may be too heavy for it...

JR1572
in2b8u
Silent Operator

Post by in2b8u »

I had an AA conversion on my g17.
Threaded by TT. Ran with no issues w can, w/o can, subs or standard.
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people......... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.