How to get the minority vote.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

bakerjw
Elite Member

How to get the minority vote.

Post by bakerjw »

As I see it, there is only two way to get the minority vote. Give them free stuff or make them feel oppressed.

Pisses me off to no end. The Dems get the Latino vote because they're all for amnesty for uncle Pepi the undocumented visitor. They also lok up the black vote because whitey been so mean to them all this time.

Let either one of these group try to run a business that generates jobs and see where that gets you. I say let the crash begin and the see how the Dems explain that there just ain't no more money to be had.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Re: How to get the minority vote.

Post by copenhagen »

What happens when whites are the minority?
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

IT is going to be a loooooong time before that happens.

Americans = 308,745,538

White or European American
72.4 %

Black or African American
12.6 %

Asian
4.8 %

American Indian or Alaska Native
0.9 %

Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
0.2 %

Some other race
6.2 %

Two or more races
2.9 %
-----
Ick
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

bakerjw wrote:I say let the crash begin and the see how the Dems explain that there just ain't no more money to be had.
The problem is that they won't have to explain anything early enough to make a difference.
That crash would be fatal long before newly-printed money stopped satisfying the welfare types.

The only real solution is to actually fix things and I'm starting to suspect we passed that tipping point -- just like Europe has.
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

I suspect that there will be no crash. Things drone on for years and years, even centuries, of deteriorating conditions.
-----
Ick
Speed-Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Speed-Racer »

Americas path has changed :cry:
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

...Jesus Christ and the American G. I.

...One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

ick wrote:I suspect that there will be no crash. Things drone on for years and years, even centuries, of deteriorating conditions.
I forget, was that what the Greek PM said, or was it the President of Spain?
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

I don't know of anyone in particular that stated anything similar.

For example:
The Roman empire didn't crash, it had years of decline.

Britain had a period of upheaval but pretty much after their zenith as a colonial power they have been in decline. That decline has been going on for hundreds of years and continues even today.

France at least did have a revolution... but can we identify a crash in that case? I understand the 1882 crash can be used to illustrate a “sudden and significant" event, but it seems to me that France is better described as "hundreds of years of decline". Agree?

Seems to me the USA is in the same cycle. Sure, you might have something equivalent to the housing crash, the tech bubble.... but it seems to me a hundred years of continuous decline is now in process.
-----
Ick
Fulmen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulmen »

copenhagen wrote:What happens when whites are the minority?
Then they will have to hope they are treated better than whites treat minorities today.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

You're probably right. Unfortunately a slow decline will entail more people having to accept government handouts to get by which then leads them into the roles of those who don't want a government to cut back on those handouts, which then leads to them supporting the political party that will keep the gravy flowing. and so on and so on. People rarely vote in a harder time for themselves.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

I hear what you say my friend. I hear what you say.
-----
Ick
Fulmen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulmen »

bakerjw wrote:more people having to accept government handouts
That's been going on for years. The richest are getting richer while the average citizens are getting poorer, the recession only exaggerated this. When does the money start to trickle down?
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Fulmen wrote:
bakerjw wrote:more people having to accept government handouts
That's been going on for years. The richest are getting richer while the average citizens are getting poorer, the recession only exaggerated this. When does the money start to trickle down?
The trickle down has already begun. It started on 14 August 1935. On that day our nation's fiscal future was destroyed.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time."
------USA
-----
Ick
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

bakerjw wrote:As I see it, there is only two way to get the minority vote. Give them free stuff...
Nailed it, right there.
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

Yep were screwed...
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

Fulmen wrote:That's been going on for years. The richest are getting richer while the average citizens are getting poorer, the recession only exaggerated this. When does the money start to trickle down?
Seriously?

Syntax360
Silent But Deadly

Post by Syntax360 »

Hey guys - look at the numbers. Romney failed to get 3 million of the "white" votes that McCain got in 2008. John Fucking McCain.

Our problem isn't that all the minorities turned out in droves to vote for the Libs - it's that the GOP's candidate failed to get out and mobilize enough of their voter base. This isn't a problem with demographics - it's a problem with ideas. America sees right through this phony, two-faced, moderate-dressed-up-as-a-conservative bullshit. No more political animals - we need to run statesmen who are genuinely possessed by the power of conservative ideas.
Last edited by Syntax360 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

Fulmen wrote:
copenhagen wrote:What happens when whites are the minority?
Then they will have to hope they are treated better than whites treat minorities today.
:lol:
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Syntax360 wrote:Hey guys - look at the numbers. Romney failed to get 3 million of the "white" votes that McCain got in 2008. John Fucking McCain.

Our problem isn't that all the minorities turned out in droves to vote for the Libs - it's that the GOP's candidate failed to get out and mobilize enough of their voter base. This isn't a problem with demographics - it's a problem with ideas. America sees right through this phony, two-faced, moderate-dressed-up-as-a-conservative bullshit. No more political animals - we need to run statesmen who are genuinely possessed by the power of conservative ideas.
THIS!
FTW!
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

Syntax360 wrote:Hey guys - look at the numbers. Romney failed to get 3 million of the "white" votes that McCain got in 2008. John Fucking McCain.

You're barking up the wrong tree.

Obama is the man who should have motivated everyone who is even remotely conservative.
But they just didn't get off their asses. You can't blame Romney when THAT assclown was the alternative.
Fulmen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulmen »

MV10 wrote:Seriously?
Seriously. Most sources indicate that the income inequality has grown considerably since the 70's. Now I don't mind people being rich, but I care more about the average person than the 0.1%. Simply said, money doesn't seem to trickle down as fast as some would like you to think...
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

What makes you think you have any right to demand or expect "income equality" (whatever that means) in the first place?

What makes you think it's the government's job to dream up a way to enforce that?
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

My parents were die hard Democrats. Growing up all I heard was that Democrats were for the poor and Republicans were for the rich. As I got older and got smarted than my parents, it became apparent to me that they were very very wrong.

When I started to get more conservative and, God forbid, supported Reagan, they were ready to go to the school and find out which teachers were brainwashing me. I loved my parents, but the level of naivety was almost cute. The public school system brainwashing a kid into conservatism.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

Fulmen wrote: Seriously. Most sources indicate that the income inequality has grown considerably since the 70's. Now I don't mind people being rich, but I care more about the average person than the 0.1%. Simply said, money doesn't seem to trickle down as fast as some would like you to think...
While the democrats are telling you that the rich are getting more than they deserve, they're reaching into the middle class's back pockets. Every dime that every corporation pays in taxes comes from you and me. It sounds like you took the class warfare bait.

How about this...
1> End all corporate and income tax in the US
2> Give every american household a tax pre-bate based on head-count in the household to pre-imburse taxes on food, meds and basic necessities
3> Fire 80% of the employees in the IRS
4> Put a federal sales tax on all finished products to cover the budget. Only final products that get sold retail get the tax

Then watch the following happen:
Jobs come back to the US. Foreign companies will locate to the US because they can produce their products cheaper to sell in foreign markets.
American companies will make more margin on products sold in other countries bringing more money back to the US.
More Americans will be able to pay off debt because their earn money without having to pay income taxes on it. Their savings, their 401Ks, etc will blossom.
The cost products with the federal sales tax will drop below the previous product cost plus income tax.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
Syntax360
Silent But Deadly

Post by Syntax360 »

MV10 wrote:You're barking up the wrong tree.

Obama is the man who should have motivated everyone who is even remotely conservative.
But they just didn't get off their asses. You can't blame Romney when THAT assclown was the alternative.
I agree with you 100%. I cringe every time I see Romney; he was my "worst case scenario" Republican candidate. And I enthusiastically voted for him, because I didn't have a choice. But my perspective - and perhaps your perspective - is simply not shared by most of the country. That has dick-all to do with ethnicity or gender or any other factor rooted in demography of the voters. A candidate like McCain or Romney does not provide a stark enough contrast between liberal ideas and conservative ideas for the average American. Absent of that contrast, they are left to vote based on things like "celebrity" and "relate-ability".

We who are capable of looking farther than 1mm deep into our candidates do not vote this way - true. But you're never going to convert most of America to reason as we do [read: at all] - you cannot re-engineer human nature, and most people are predisposed to not giving a s--t about any issue that does not deeply shake the foundation of their lives.