Random gun talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Stoski

When my parents found out They Flipped out

Post by Stoski »

Small notes about me:
1. 32 years old
2. Work Offshore 28/14 On/off

I have a bushmaster .223/556. When I told my mom/step dad (money bags) i had to go get my paper work from the dealer for my silencer he flipped (yelling) Great now the ATF is going to knock on doors. You know better then anyone else we don't have any rights left I worked hard to keep the guns that my father gave me un registered and you are going to far with these guns. (I just bought a shot gun and was talking about about buying a PS90) You have all this ammo and all these guns. Now When the ATF comes knocking on the door I am going to tell them i don't know were you are. (mom Yeah maybe we should talk about this) yelling about this and that. Then he went way off and started talking about what i don't do for the house and that i don't pay anything for any of the bills (This is true) My mom and I have a deal that I pay $150 bux for a 2 week stay and only when I am there. I get free water/cable/internet/lights and so on. But that deal was set that way so that i can save money and he knows this. I have $10,000 saved up. He also knows that my rent goes up at the start of the year to $300 bux for a 2 week stay. so its $600 bux every 3 months. Then he told me the other reason is that If the Chinese ever invade and a "list" gets out or they buy one they will attack everyone with guns first. and was yelling pretty hard. The only reason I put up with this is because I get the master bedroom in the house ^_^

* I was told the ATF can't/and don't come to your house.
*owning more/less guns does not put you on the "This guy has a ton of guns LETS GET HIM list"
*Chinese attack? Do i really need to say anything else?

On another note I am going to mail my stuff out on monday and I am not really Die hard on getting my stuff back really quick. Working offshore makes the years go by really quick so I'm not sweeting it. I will put in for some other items when i do get back just to get the ball rolling.

/Stoski
lilfuzzybuny
Silent But Deadly

Re: When my parents found out They Flipped out

Post by lilfuzzybuny »

dont know about the list part. but the atf can come to your door but you have to do something wrong first to begin with.

the chinese? s--t ask japan how that worked out. "behind every blade of grass"
smooth is learned, fast is practiced, precision is earned.
WasDustyJacket
Silent But Deadly

Post by WasDustyJacket »

Get a one-room apartment..... Or a storage locker.
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

There is a list its called the NFRTR. But before they got the list they would have to overthrow the entire govt. That would be pretty noisy and everyone would hear about that.

Your Dad should listen to General Yomamato, he was very wise and his words were dead accurate.

ATF CAN show up and have shown up to check items, but usually there is some kind of reason(they don't do terry stops), but not necessarily that you did something wrong. Sometimes they lost the paperwork and need a copy of it from you, or verifying that you do still own it, or responding to a complaint etc..... Doesn't happen very often though, but it does happen.

I had a customer tell me that got a surprise visit because the neighbor he was feuding with said he was firing a machinegun at him. ATF showed up to investigate since he DID own a MG, it was in a biometric vault and showed the records for it and proved he hadn't opened the vault in weeks. They shook their head and told the next door neighbor to get a hobby.

WOLVERINES!!!!!
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

Tell your step dad that since you did the paper work while you lived at his place the Chinese will be comming after him, because you are a big boy now and will be moving out...
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

Maybe your dad is just pissed that his 32 year old son is not only still living off him, but also buying expensive toys, to make matters worse, despite having a good-paying steady job.

Crazy-talk, I know.
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

I've gotta lean with MV10 on this one. Sure the rants about the ATF and the Chinese are a bit far fetched, but I'd say that the $75.00/week gets an all expense paid stay in the master bedroom is probably the root cause of all of the ire.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Sometimes with family you just can't talk sensibly and logically. Sometimes the family member simply can't see the error of their ways and get all wrapped up in emotional justification.

Perhaps someday you will understand the irritation of when a parent helps their kid out financially. Instead of discovering their independence... they blow money on toys.

Proverbs 13:1
A wise son heareth his father's instruction; but a scorner heareth not rebuke.

(Took the bait even though this is probably a setup post from Doublooon/Trooper/MV10 et al.)
-----
Ick
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

My wife still thinks that I'm on some govt list because of all the guns/cans I have, plus all the shows I watch on tv, and all the web sites I go to.

I just tell her 'probably, so what?' :lol:
Stoski

Post by Stoski »

MV10 wrote:Maybe your dad is just pissed that his 32 year old son is not only still living off him, but also buying expensive toys, to make matters worse, despite having a good-paying steady job.

Crazy-talk, I know.
Hes not my real dad. My step dad. I am not really "living" with anyone. I pay rent. When I stay there. Buy my own food. 28 days on the rig then 14 days off. It would be a huge wast of cash if i got an apt. They know this. I mailed the paper work off before i came to the rig. I think from this day forward I am going to keep my businesses my businesses to avoid any fights. =(
Syntax360
Silent But Deadly

Post by Syntax360 »

The best advice is to find new living conditions. I would look for a roommate at an apt or house - a lot of people would love to share a place with a guy who isn't home for a whole month most of the time, and you could probably negotiate something like a 25/75% rent split.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

They say you are never done raising your kids. Ever.
-----
Ick
Speed-Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Speed-Racer »

My young friend .......As others have suggested, it's time to move on :oops:

PS, Tell them not to mess with that case of machine guns or those mortars and RPGs :roll:
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

...Jesus Christ and the American G. I.

...One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Syntax360 wrote:The best advice is to find new living conditions. I would look for a roommate at an apt or house - a lot of people would love to share a place with a guy who isn't home for a whole month most of the time, and you could probably negotiate something like a 25/75% rent split.
I think this is probably the best advise. If you go this rout you need to be upfront with the roomate that your room is 100% off limits 100% of the time. Right from the get go a dead bolt lock will be placed on your door. As long as you are up front on this there wont be a problem. Please head this advice as I've seen problems like this in the Navy with guys having a room off base for when they are not deployed. It's much easier to do this upfront rather than try and institute it later when there is an issue.
O2HeN2
Silent But Deadly

Post by O2HeN2 »

ick wrote:They say you are never done raising your kids. Ever.
I donno about that. After college I got a good job and I and my parents never looked back :)

For a short story, my parents had given me a loan in college that I was making monthly payments on when one day realized that I had enough to pay it off. So in a variation of the "Need money" letter you get from kids in college I sent them a payoff check with a letter that in its entirety read something like this:

Dear Mom and Dad. Things here are fine. Here's money.

:)

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

16 and I was out the door and in my own place.

Hell, when I was 18, my dad moved in with me for about six months... :D
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

32 and you still live with your mom?
Stoski

Post by Stoski »

I don't think you understand the wast of money moving out.

28 days out. Thats Say $700 bux. for a month that you are not there. Then you have to pay $700 more for the 2 weeks that you are home. Then you have to pay $700 after that 2 weeks for the next month you are not going to be home. Its a stupid wast of money. Alot of people that work offshore live at home because of this. Nothing wrong with living at home. I am paying rent (small amount but still)
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

I would guess that anyone who is into NFA items enough to spend time here can work out "wast" versus wise use of funds.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

My SSNcN says that.... You're 32 fuckin years old. Quit playing the role of a leeching crybaby. Find your OWN nest.

For crying out loud...
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Stoski

Post by Stoski »

A leech is something that takes from you and does not give anything back. I pay rent.
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

$10.71 per day is not rent, it's drive-thru breakfast.
1mobum
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1mobum »

continuity wrote:My SSNcN says that.... You're 32 fuckin years old. Quit playing the role of a leeching crybaby. Find your OWN nest.

For crying out loud...
:lol: Well said sir.
Also a lot is actually a lot. Two words buddy. How the F--k to you get the best room and not pay s--t. Best part is you are a douche enough to still pull the "I pay rent" s--t!

Move out bro he wants to bang your mom and not have to worry about "waking the baby".
Called tough love big guy time to meet.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

The reason we can not relate to your desire to live at home, is we grew up and moved out on our own.

We will never understand your need to come up with some excuse so you can live with Mommy.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.
--Proverbs 29:15
A child needs both to be hugged and unhugged. The hug lets her know she is valuable. The unhug lets her know that she is viable. If you’re always shoving your child away, they will cling to you for love. If you’re always holding them closer, they will cling to you for fear.
--Polly Berrien Berends
-----
Ick