Can I get a threaded barrel for Ruger MkIII ?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

MMH
Senior Silent Operator

Can I get a threaded barrel for Ruger MkIII ?

Post by MMH »

I have a Ruger MkIII 22LR w/ a bull barrel. I am thinking about making a silencer for it. Is there a relatively inexpensive barrel for it that I could buy, or should I chuck the upper in a lathe and cut my own. I would then have to re-blue the machined part. Of course, I could just buy another MkIII w/ a threaded barrel for about $400.
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Re: Can I get a threaded barrel for Ruger MkIII ?

Post by daviscustom »

If you have the skills and equipment to do it, you may as well do it yourself. Tac. Sol. makes a nice aluminum upper with an integral threaded barrel, but it would cost over half what a threaded MKIII would.

Once you have a suppressor....unthreaded 22's don't seem to see much action.....so you could consider trading your unthreaded pistol for a threaded one if you don't want the hassle of doing it yourself.
The myopic majority will be our republic's undoing.
DS6

Post by DS6 »

you can get a new upper with a threaded barrel attached for about $250

the newer markIII's.....22/45 have threaded ends.
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

daviscustom wrote:.

Once you have a suppressor....unthreaded 22's don't seem to see much action......
Well Said.

Thread your Ruger.
CMV
Silent But Deadly

Post by CMV »

My 22/45 came threaded & with the high sights. It can accommodate a 1.5" diameter can from the factory, so I'm sure there's a way to get just that upper from Ruger.

A buddy recently paid about $75 to have the sights moved back & barrel threaded on his so I'd guess that's close to going rate.
--------------------------------------

"Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes"
"This board is currently disabled"
These things make me :(
DS6

Post by DS6 »

CMV wrote:My 22/45 came threaded & with the high sights. It can accommodate a 1.5" diameter can from the factory, so I'm sure there's a way to get just that upper from Ruger.

A buddy recently paid about $75 to have the sights moved back & barrel threaded on his so I'd guess that's close to going rate.
yep, mine did as well. great little guns