What are the odds?

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

bakerjw
Elite Member

What are the odds?

Post by bakerjw »

So, what are the odds that Barry will sign an EO directing the ATF to require that semi automatic rifles are added to the NFA registry? It'd be a lot of extra work and the ATF would have to hire a lot of people.

Nothing is going to make it through congress so he's stuck with EOs.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: What are the odds?

Post by doubloon »

I wouldn't bet against the collective congressional stupidity just yet but I fear an avalanche of EOs in this term to rival the numbers issued by the presidents who heralded in the last great depression and two world wars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

bakerjw wrote:So, what are the odds that Barry will sign an EO directing the ATF to require that semi automatic rifles are added to the NFA registry? It'd be a lot of extra work and the ATF would have to hire a lot of people.
Do you know why people who want their Second Amendment rights restored can't get it done? Becuase the position to review and approve the paperwork is unfunded. It is unfunded, so it doesn't happen.

If they hire nobody to do the work, it won't happen, so you will be in posession of an untaxed NFA weapon and you will be an automatic felon. If you destroy it after the EO comes down, and you can prove this, then you have just proven to the court that you indeed had a NFA weapon illegally in your posession.
Nothing is going to make it through congress so he's stuck with EOs.
Illegal EOs willingly supported by government agents will certainly be an interesting development, eh?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

Probably about a snowballs chance in hell.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

I just don't know what to think any more... I do expect alot of EO with in the next 4 years. Zero (and GW Bush) has been setting things up for this. Even if the EO are unconstitutional (most are) it will take years to fight in court. The damage will be done by the time any court would find things in our favor. If the Dems think they can take the House back in 2014 we probably won't see anything till then. It they take it back, then we are truely screwed. If the RINOS keep the house, we will see an avalanch of EO. Either way, I don't think we will see to much of anything for at least a year. To much going on with our economy, and I think this winter will not be to good for the country.
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

George Washington was the first to issue an EO.

According to at least one source Barry has so far issued less than half the number of EOs G.W. issued, ~140 compared to ~290.

FDR supposedly issued over 3500 and the number is over 1000 for Teddy, Wilson and Coolidge.

I don't think it's the number of EOs that matters so much as the content.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

No chance. Democrats learned their lesson in '94. It cost them the House and Senate and no one in the party who is actually in control wants to touch gun control with a ten foot pole. It will cost them elections when they need to start thinking about the next election and they know it.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

I totally agree that AWBs are dead in congress. But if it comes down as an EO then they can declare that it was his doing and be afforded some deniability. Especially since Barry doesn't need to campaign for another term.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

bakerjw wrote:I totally agree that AWBs are dead in congress. But if it comes down as an EO then they can declare that it was his doing and be afforded some deniability. Especially since Barry doesn't need to campaign for another term.
He doesnt have to run but its still his party. Dont think for minute that he's where he is because of anything he did on his own. He's there because he impressed some influential democratic backers early on and they pushed him into office. Same way his predecessor got there. This country is far beyond electing anyone of substance to the top job. In any case the Democrats need the House and Senate to get the rest of their dogma turned into legislation and they arent going to let their figurehead screw anything up for them. Gun Control and Assault Weapons Bans are dead in this country for at least a few decades.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter