School Shooting In Newtown, CT-Multiple Deaths

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: School Shooting In Newtown, CT-Multiple Deaths

Post by doubloon »

tragic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Post by robpiat »

Latest report/rumor is 20 year old father of an elementary student? People wonder whats wrong with society
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

A horrible situation. This will be the one that brings on stricter gun controls.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

bakerjw wrote:A horrible situation. This will be the one that brings on stricter gun controls.
Agreed, if it was just adults then it would add to the toll, but with kids involved a ban is in the future.

Anyone hear what was used?

ETA - Looks like 2 handguns. No black guns, so expect tighter controls on handgun ownership soon.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

This is an old story but appropriate:

Rural Texas School Jurisdiction Will Allow Teachers to Be Armed
As Thweatt told the local Star-Telegram: “When the federal government started making schools gun-free zones, that’s when all of these shootings started. Why would you put it out there that a group of people can’t defend themselves? It’s like saying ‘sic ’em’ to a dog.”

Teachers and staffers who want to bring their guns to the Harrold campus as an added layer of protection—when police too often have proven themselves tardy and flatfooted in deadly school shootings, including those at Virginia Tech University and Columbine High School in Colorado—have to be certified by the state of Texas to carry a concealed handgun, and get crisis training and permission from school officials.

Ammunition that ricochets minimally may be required. Thweatt will not say how many of the 50 or so teachers and staff members will be armed this fall. He does not want students or potential attackers to know.
http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/t ... d_148.html
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

I'll go out on a limb and say that if it was the father of one of the kids, and a 20 year old could conceivably be the father of a child in kindergartener. I would suspect that the cause would be a custody issue. People can get very vindictive and often use their own children to inflict pain on the other spouse after a relationship goes sour.
bigbigpig
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigbigpig »

Bendersquint wrote:
bakerjw wrote:A horrible situation. This will be the one that brings on stricter gun controls.
Agreed, if it was just adults then it would add to the toll, but with kids involved a ban is in the future.

ETA - Looks like 2 handguns. No black guns, so expect tighter controls on handgun ownership soon.
They're saying now that there was a ".223 rifle" in addition to 2 handguns, Glock and Sig 9mm's.
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

They're saying he was 24, for whatever that's worth.
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
bigbigpig
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigbigpig »

Are people going nuts because they thing the end of the world is next week? I'll never understand what motivates people to carry out this kind of violence.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Initial reports were that he was the father of a student. The age of 24 makes that even more possible. There were links to his YouTube videos, but they've been pulled already.
Alael
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Alael »

Gun prohibitionnists hoped for as such horrific tragedy for their agenda.
Why in times when firearms was more available to people even to young people (for instance Carlos Hathcock was offered a shotgun by his mom and his grand mother for his 12th birthday, my father in law bought his Winchester 94 while he was teenager) why at these times while firearms were more available than today, there were not spree killings in schools or public places?

I like the words from Evan C. Marshall in his article here:
http://www.stoppingpower.net/commentary ... tleton.asp

How convenient for the gun prohibitionnists' agenda that such a shocking and disgusting tragedy occured as they are preparing for more bans. The weight of this tragedy allows them to shut silent any reasonning, any debate about the inefficiency of a gun ban... they are very good in playing in the field of using the emotions of the public opinion to make up the deficiency of their reasoning about gun ban. No gun right advocate can after this tragedy today says something without being slammed by gun prohibitionnists who in spite of their hypocrital words and faces, are rejoicing about this great (and expected) opportunity for them to push forward their agenda.
It reminds me the novel "Enemies foreign and domestic" ( http://enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/ ) : make the biggest, the most horrific and disgusting carnage to stun the public opinion and to raise their anger against all gun owners and doing so you can have free rein to prohibit whatever you want, and even you can justifiy any oppression, freedom restriction, and even violence and elimination if you can light the anger of the public and turn it to your advantage.
Last edited by Alael on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

WTF is wrong with people..
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Unfortunately very true indeed.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Bendersquint wrote:

When I first heard that 26 were murdered and as many as 18 were kindergarten/elementary school children, I knew this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back on gun control.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

700PSS wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:

When I first heard that 26 were murdered and as many as 18 were kindergarten/elementary school children, I knew this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back on gun control.
Sure will be!

Get your stuff while you can, especially if it turns out he DID actually use a black gun and hi cap magazines.
Bone16
Elite Member

Post by Bone16 »

bigbigpig wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:

They're saying now that there was a ".223 rifle" in addition to 2 handguns, Glock and Sig 9mm's.

CNN is reporting that a Bushmaster was used as well....
America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the mall.

Bone 16, Asshat at large, OUT!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Bone16 wrote:CNN is reporting that a Bushmaster was used as well....
Ban Bushmaster, if Bushmaster didn't make the rifle then DC Sniper and this tragedy would not have happened!
Bone16
Elite Member

Post by Bone16 »

Yep, it's already on the list, along with a lot of other "assault rifles".... I really hate thumbhole stock AR-15/AK-47s.
America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the mall.

Bone 16, Asshat at large, OUT!
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

I think all violent video games should be added to the 'ban' list. After all, the gun didn't pull its own trigger.

So sad that this happened. Things like this reassure my thinking that people in positions such as teachers or whomever should be armed for protection. Everyone has the right to protect themselves yet nobody there had a firearm to stop that prick.

Don't know. You all, watch your ass and be safe.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Okay, now I'll say it. Another senseless tragedy at another "gun-free, victim zone". Are we starting to see the pattern yet?

A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary school in central China
http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-china- ... 2318.story
BEIJING (Reuters) - A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary school in central China on Friday, state media reported, the latest in a series of attacks on schoolchildren in the country.
Alael
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Alael »

I'm watching french and british news channels.. with their special guests.. who are all criticising the USA about the 2nd Amendment and telling that it is the right moment for Obama to "go forward into gun restriction" to cure this country sick with its firearms. Every anchor in French and British news channel devilized the NRA . They say though, that the emotionnal weight of this massacre will make difficult for the NRA to continue to protect the right to buy "war weapons" or "assault weapons"
They tend to forget especially the French media about Mohamed Merah, a Jihadist terrorist who went to Pakistan for training, and who murdered 3 French soldiers who went back on furlow from Afghanistan (these murdered French soldiers were muslim who fough Talibans, considered by Merah as traitors to their religion), and 3 Jewish kids and 1 adult in a Jewish school.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Me ... mmed_Merah

In France the quite strict gun control and prohibition didn't prevent this bloodshed: only the lack of proficiency of the perpetrator in using weapon (shooting at distance more than point blanck) made the body count less heavy in the school shooting. Merah illegally owned 2 pistols, one revolver and one automatic UZI SMG (automatic weapon are tollally prohibited by french gun laws nevertheless automatic AKM and Yougoslavian M70AB2 illegally imported are estimated about 15,000 in the french black market and owned by french gangs. In Marseille and other gangs zones, almost every month there is an assassination in gang wars with such weapons).
Wikipedia reported:
"At about 8:00 am on 19 March, a man drove up to the Ozar Hatorah school on a Yamaha TMAX motorcycle.[37] He dismounted, and immediately opened fire toward the schoolyard. The first victim was a rabbi and teacher at the school who was shot outside the school gates as he tried to shield his two young sons from the gunman. The gunman shot one of the boys as he crawled away, as his father and brother lay dying on the pavement. He then walked into the schoolyard, chasing people into the building.

Inside, he shot at staff, parents, and students. He chased an 8-year-old girl into the courtyard, caught her by her hair and raised a gun to shoot her. The gun jammed at this point and he changed weapons from what the police identified as a 9mm pistol to a .45 calibre gun, and shot the girl in her temple at point-blank range.[32][38][39][dead link][40] The gunman then retrieved his moped and drove off."

So, saying that gun control will prevent this kind of tragedy is a lie.

Morover, in gun free Republic of People of China spree killing in kindergarden occured:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... spree.html

Why don't the biased medias say not much about these killings?.... It's like knive spree killings of little kids are less tragic than gun spree killings of little kids.
I think that the point for all these people who want gun control in the USA (foreign and domestic enemies of the 2nd amendment) really don't give a crap about the victims (if so why they are not as concerned by the kids killed with edged weapons? In Wyoming 2 people were killed by a man with an edged weapon in a College, followed with the suicide of the murderer ( http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/30/3- ... y-college/ ), not one word in the European news. But the Portland Oregon shoot out (3 died including the murderer http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-575 ... -shooting/ ) was commented here..so victims of knives are not as important than victims of firearms! This leads me to the conclusion that they don't care about the victims, but more likely to take benefit of the emotionnal weight of this tragedy to hammer the public opinion with their propaganda to push forward their ideological agenda.
Last edited by Alael on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 13 times in total.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

I think we all should be armed!
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

SRM
Silent But Deadly