Threaded barrels on handguns will be prohibited w/Obama g.c.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

GreyHammer
Silent Operator

Threaded barrels on handguns will be prohibited w/Obama g.c.

Post by GreyHammer »

Wanted to remind our younger readers that threaded barrels on handguns were probibited on semi-automatic handguns with the expired AWB, any you can bet the new law (we won't be able to stop it) will contain that language. I would move to purchase this week, because there will be a panic after Christmas.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Re: Threaded barrels on handguns will be prohibited w/Obama

Post by renegade »

GreyHammer wrote:Wanted to remind our younger readers that threaded barrels on handguns were probibited on semi-automatic handguns with the expired AWB, any you can bet the new law (we won't be able to stop it) will contain that language. I would move to purchase this week, because there will be a panic after Christmas.
Panic started on Friday.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Lots of places already sold out!
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

ammo is next.

get it while you can cause its gonna disappear along with all the other reloading components. :!:
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

ANyone want to guess what are the odds another ban will go through?
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

renegade wrote:Panic started on Friday.
You got that right, a good friend of mine is the manager for a gun shop/range in Austin, TX. He emailed me on Sunday, that since Friday, his shop had sold 47 guns/accessories. :shock: He's out of magazines for everything! Another friend was at a local gun show. He said it was packed and everyone he saw had a "wad of cash" in there hands to buy anything they could get their hands on.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

And special thanks to our 'sponsors' , the 3 million so-called Republicans
who, out of spite, did not vote in the last national election.

A passing observation. In parts of the country efforts have been
made to educate teachers and students how to attack and defend themselves
during horrific circumstances rather than remain passive and obedient, thus victimized.

To no one's surprise so much vitriol has been heaped by mythic thinking liberals on the those folks.
Just read some of the drivel such as revoking the 'stand your ground' laws.
Criminals have rights too. Just look at the UK.

Just a historical note. A dear friend who grew up as a child, and was the sole survivor from all his family, in
a Nazi death camp, said that his reading of accounts by the guards showed their continual surprise that
it took only a handful of them to control so many people. Had the prisoners suddenly revolted they
would have been dead.

Old George Soros and his sock puppet are inexorably implementing their
dismantling of our Nation. Not even a peep from the Boehner Heads.

Meanwhile, squishy Republicans, 'let's move on' and
find common grounds for compromise. That is what the American People
really want. Just ask the New York Slimes. Bet when Soros or Nancy the Air Head get cancer they will seek
a doctor who will compromise and find common ground with the disease... and with the New Health Don't Care they
might just get their wish.

Rand Paul , where are you now that we need you?
Blessed to have lived during the Golden Age.

As Ben Franklin said, it is now yours to loose.

God Bless Us All, Tiny Tim. Merry Christmas.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

wacki wrote:ANyone want to guess what are the odds another ban will go through?
As Historian alludes, to the odds depend upon how many gun owners sit at home and do nothing.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Some sort of ban is on way and very doubtful it can be stopes no matter who you petition or call. This is just what they needed.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

66427vette wrote:Some sort of ban is on way and very doubtful it can be stopes no matter who you petition or call. This is just what they needed.
It can easily be stopped. The last time a ban was passed the Dems lost Congress for 12 years. There is a reason no ban has been introduced since. Gun Owners control their own destiny on this one. I myself will be shocked if anything significant passes. But looking at the growing number of gun owners who have already given up, maybe I am wrong.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Have not given up in the least . Hope I am wrong . Just have a bad feeling.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

I'm a new reader and new to silenced weapons. I just found out they are leagal to own and when I did placed a large order (what I consider large anyways.....1 - 2 in most every caliber) but I don't have threaded barrels for pretty much anything but the .22 cans. So my question is where to I even start if I want to start getting my threaded barrels now in case some ban does go through. I always figured that the threaded barrel part would be the easy part to obtain if I already had the can.

I'd like to think that a new ban wouldn't pass, but I'd rather have all my threaded barrels now than to have a cool, but useless, can should barrels be impossible to obtain.

I need hosts for the following pending cans:

4 different 22 cans I already have hosts for but wouldn't mind getting more if I'm missing anything that I'd really want in the long run
Octane 9 HD
Infiniti
Miranda 45
Tirant 45
Liberty Constitution and Torch (.223)
Thompson machine Thirty
Liberty Freedom Mag

Is it easiest to inventory what pistols I already have and get barrels for them? OR will it be easiest to buy new guns with threaded barrels? (Keep in mind that I'm new to this and if it is sometimes difficult to get aftermarket barrels to match up with guns then I may be better off getting a new pistol so I'll know everything fits properly)

Thanks in advance
I've gotta stop this habit.
Speed-Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Speed-Racer »

Very soon ....... Bypass congress using, "executive order".
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

...Jesus Christ and the American G. I.

...One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

Speed-Racer wrote:
You don't just magically pass laws with an executive order. It isn't some carte blanche thing a president can do just to enact anything he wants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order
Speed-Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Speed-Racer »

GTFord1 wrote:
Speed-Racer wrote:
You don't just magically pass laws with an executive order. It isn't some carte blanche thing a president can do just to enact anything he wants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order
Sorry friend but you have a lot of faith in this administration and their concerns regarding the constitution. This last election proves a new path has been chosen :cry: .

ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

Speed-Racer wrote:Sorry friend but you have a lot of faith in this administration and their concerns regarding the constitution. This last election proves a new path has been chosen :cry: .
It sickens me that so many people like you put Obama on a pedestal and proclaim that he has this phenomenal power to make any law he wants by writing an executive order. Where do you get this crap? Get your head out of your ass and learn just a little bit about the checks and balances set in place by the Constitution and why the president is not a dictator.

Ranb
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

ranb wrote:
Speed-Racer wrote:Sorry friend but you have a lot of faith in this administration and their concerns regarding the constitution. This last election proves a new path has been chosen :cry: .
It sickens me that so many people like you put Obama on a pedestal and proclaim that he has this phenomenal power to make any law he wants by writing an executive order. Where do you get this crap? Get your head out of your ass and learn just a little bit about the checks and balances set in place by the Constitution and why the president is not a dictator.

Ranb
Agreed entirely.

If an Executive Order could be enacted to ban firearms without any other governmental scrutiny it would have already happened.

Checks and balances prevent the Presidency from becoming a Dictatorship.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

I don't doubt something will get passed, executive order or not.

It may not be an outright gun ban but something will probably come soon to create pain for legal gun owners ... ammo, magazines, something stupid. We just got a health care tax shoved up our collective asses without so much as a reach around.

Whether or not it will hold up and whether not not the states will challenge it remains to be seen but I believe the Fascists will try something without a doubt.

I'll worry about it after 12-21-12 :mrgreen:

But right now those bastards are really putting a cramp in my plans for my own Christmas present.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Broken11B
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Broken11B »

doubloon wrote: But right now those bastards are really putting a cramp in my plans for my own Christmas present.
Thanks to all the panic buying, I don't think there will be anything left to buy with the gift card or two I will receive to my local gunshop.
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

A couple of big dealers posted on AR-15.com earlier that they've made weeks worth of sales in the past couple of days.
Speed-Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Speed-Racer »

ranb wrote:
It sickens me that so many people like you put Obama on a pedestal.

Ranb

Sir you are sincerely mentally ill ............... I did not and do not put the Dicktater and Cheft in any regard other than being dangerous.

ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

Speed-Racer wrote:Sir you are sincerely mentally ill ............... I did not and do not put the Dicktater and Cheft in any regard other than being dangerous.
Not at all. I am not the one with my nose up Obama's ass telling everyone who will listen that he has these awesome powers that will override the constitution.

Can you give us a single example of any EO that was created out of thin air and not merely an enforcement of a current statute? If you could, you would. Instead you tell us that Obama is just so powerful he can do as he pleases. That is ass kissing.

Ranb
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273
jackson
Silent But Deadly

Post by jackson »

i do not have my nose up obama ass,and do not believe he has awesome powers.i also do not bury my head in the sand and think that he will abide by the laws of the constitution.any one that thinks that laws of the past still work in today,s world are only kidding them self.if you cant look and see what is going on in the world than you are blind.keep on thinking that there has to be certain channels that have to be followed in order for this establishment to do what it want,s to and you will be on the path following the other sheep to the slaughter.if you cant see your right,s slipping away each and every day than you must live a very sheltered life.
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

jackson wrote:i do not have my nose up obama ass,and do not believe he has awesome powers.i also do not bury my head in the sand and think that he will abide by the laws of the constitution.any one that thinks that laws of the past still work in today,s world are only kidding them self.if you cant look and see what is going on in the world than you are blind.keep on thinking that there has to be certain channels that have to be followed in order for this establishment to do what it want,s to and you will be on the path following the other sheep to the slaughter.if you cant see your right,s slipping away each and every day than you must live a very sheltered life.
Paragraphs, punctuation, spacing and spelling are your friends here. If you don't calm down you're going to stroke out. :)

So what is going on here then? You really think Obama is powerful enough to actually write new law with an executive order and get away with it? There are a s--t ton of people that hate his guts you know. The Supreme Court and Congress are not going to let any president get away with that kind of crap.

I am very active politically; I do not just stand still when this kind of thing happens. You can count on me to be very vocal about this with my Congresspersons. I think I can only count on you and other like you to go on and on about how Obama is powerful enough to make a change by himself. If he was as powerful as you say, then he would not have done nothing for the last four years and would not be simply posturing right now.

It is sad how much you paranoid fucks are buying into what you imagine the president can do and not what he can actually do. You are an embarrassment to the gun culture in the United States.

Ranb
DesertRat
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DesertRat »

Everybody needs to chill the F--k out.

I understand that lately it has felt like the hits just keep on coming: Barry Soetoro's re-election and the upholding of Barrycare by the SC have given people the impression that he is unstoppable. He is not.

I agree. This is bad. There is nothing more horrific than the slaughter of children. Truly, the murder of innocents. People are right to be outraged. I am outraged. And horrified. I will admit that I cried for those beautiful children and the heroic adults destroyed by this monster. Many will want to assuage their grief by having their "Representatives" do something.

I have no doubt that this atrocity will be exploited to maximum effect by Barry, FineSwine and all of the other soulless, statist goons in CONgress.

However, this is not 1994. AR's are far more mainstream. For F--k sakes, Wal Mart sells them now. AR's are arguably the best selling rifle in America right now.

People have less faith in an all powerful, benevolent government to work in their best interests. Fewer people pay attention to corporate media than they did 14 years ago.

The Republican Party got spanked hard this past election. The Free s--t Army is now the majority in this country. Gun owners are the last loyal constituency that the Republicans have.

If they F--k us on this issue, they will cease to be a viable political party.

I have to believe that even those stupid fuckers understand this.

Rather than sitting around like a bunch of bitches whining about what they are going to do to us and accepting a new ban as inevitable, we need to let our "Representatives" know that caving on this issue will be their undoing.
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.
Give a man a bank and he can rob the entire world.