Looking to pick up first hosts for 45

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Looking to pick up first hosts for 45

Post by OJB4 »

Does a Glock Model 30 supress half assed? I already have a Model 30 and saw that I could get a threaded barrel for it from LWD and figured I'd jump on it unless suppressing one is a complete waste (doesn't have to be the quitest host in the world, just hearing safe or close to). I have a Liberty Miranda coming and a Tirant 45 (when they get them back in stock at the dealers wholesaler). I also should note that since the note on their site said there was no gunsmithing required......I'm not the handy type since I'm new to this so a drop in barrel with little to no problems is what I'd like to start with.

Thanks,

Jay
I've gotta stop this habit.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Looking to pick up first hosts for 45

Post by Bendersquint »

OJB4 wrote:Does a Glock Model 30 supress half assed? I already have a Model 30 and saw that I could get a threaded barrel for it from LWD and figured I'd jump on it unless suppressing one is a complete waste (doesn't have to be the quitest host in the world, just hearing safe or close to). I have a Liberty Miranda coming and a Tirant 45 (when they get them back in stock at the dealers wholesaler). I also should note that since the note on their site said there was no gunsmithing required......I'm not the handy type since I'm new to this so a drop in barrel with little to no problems is what I'd like to start with.

Thanks,

Jay
The Glocks suppress well, not as good in my opinion as a Sig but not terrible.

If your SOT does not have the TiRant45 and is waiting on the wholesaler to get theirs I would transfer one in. There are a few dealers that are having problems getting product period. You need to get your process going not waiting the endless wait. I have a suppressor on order for a customer that is going on 10 months backordered!

LWD in my opinion gets the job done, some have been a headache to get running reliably but once properly broken in they run like a raped ape and are more accurate than I am.

I just ordered a few for the shop Glocks for our R&D. They are cost effective if you do your part.

If you want something that will function without any possibility(within reason) of flaw go with something like a Storm Lake or Jarvis just realize it will cost multiples of the LWD barrels.
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

Do yourself a favor and get a nice dependable 1911 as well :D They sound pretty ridiculous with the Osprey.

Of course being a 1911, they are just awesome to begin with.
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

I just luv Colt 1911's, but
just picked up a Sig 1911 Tacops.
Stuck a Jarvis barrel in it.....Wow!!
This is my new range toy until it breaks. 8)
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Bendersquint wrote:
OJB4 wrote:Does a Glock Model 30 supress half assed? I already have a Model 30 and saw that I could get a threaded barrel for it from LWD and figured I'd jump on it unless suppressing one is a complete waste (doesn't have to be the quitest host in the world, just hearing safe or close to). I have a Liberty Miranda coming and a Tirant 45 (when they get them back in stock at the dealers wholesaler). I also should note that since the note on their site said there was no gunsmithing required......I'm not the handy type since I'm new to this so a drop in barrel with little to no problems is what I'd like to start with.

Thanks,

Jay

If your SOT does not have the TiRant45 and is waiting on the wholesaler to get theirs I would transfer one in. There are a few dealers that are having problems getting product period. You need to get your process going not waiting the endless wait. I have a suppressor on order for a customer that is going on 10 months backordered!

LWD in my opinion gets the job done, some have been a headache to get running reliably but once properly broken in they run like a raped ape and are more accurate than I am.

I just ordered a few for the shop Glocks for our R&D. They are cost effective if you do your part.

If you want something that will function without any possibility(within reason) of flaw go with something like a Storm Lake or Jarvis just realize it will cost multiples of the LWD barrels.
I have an Element 2 on backorder from March 8th. I thought that was a bit crazy. I think I'll just cancel the AAC backorders and try and find some in stock.....if none are to be had then I'll just get something else......The Osprey maybe.

Thanks for the info on the other companies
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Bendersquint wrote:

Thanks,

Jay

Good to know about the Sigs too! I think I have 4 or 5 of them in the safe.....gonna have to dig em up and see what kind they are. I've kind of lost track of what I have and don't have. Most seem to be 40 cals though. I need to pick up some more 9mm and .45 hosts. Time to hit the gun show I guess
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

I have an HK USP and a Kimber that I will be putting threaded barrels in over the next few months while I wait. I have been looking at the FNP 45 Tac. Looks like a great host.
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

I have a VBOB that i'm realy wanting to put a TiRant on. 8)
jnitti1014
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jnitti1014 »

Glock 30's suppress we'll with the tirant 45, I have two of them and a 21sf, and the tirant works well on all of them. Not so much on my compact 1911