Firearms Freedom Act vs AWB

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

finn
Silent But Deadly

Firearms Freedom Act vs AWB

Post by finn »

State Firearms Freedom Acts have been largely ignored, because they won't keep you out of prison, and the people they could apply to are content playing by federal rules to avoid a legal mess. They clearly circumvent any potential AWB though. I'd bet we see these come into play if anything passes. Any manufacturer that publicly plays by FFA rules while under state LE protection will make national news. It wouldn't surprise me if some smaller outfits were willing to try. We have a good share of manufacturers in AZ that would be hit hard by an AWB, but could probably survive selling in-state if local LE was able to protect them from the feds.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp ... ocType=ARS

All this is hypothetical, it still seems unlikely that legislators will commit political suicide by passing a new one.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Re: Firearms Freedom Act vs AWB

Post by bakerjw »

I am going to be contacting all members of my state's house and senate regarding state's rights and sovereignty. Tennessee was the first state where a FFA went into effect and a lot of people were PO'd about the ATF sending out a letter to all licensed FFL holders telling them that the law had no merit. A heavy AWB might be the straw that breaks the camel's back as state's rights and FFAs are involved.

I plan on a lunch with my new state representative to discuss what my state will do for me as a law abiding citizen if the federal government passes legislation that could make me a criminal for standing up for my rights.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
finn
Silent But Deadly

Post by finn »

It's a ugly road of escalation this leads down. We already saw with marijuana prohibition that states aren't always willing to stand up for law abiding citizens being harassed.
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

was actually just wondering about where this would lead. I'm not enthusiastic about being a test case but we'll see where things go.
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

Might as well add this link to the thread:

http://firearmsfreedomact.com/

It doesn't seem to be well-maintained, though. Florida, for example, is shown in the "introduced" category but that was 2010 and the bill was allowed to die before getting anywhere near any sort of voting.
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio