Great. Shooting firemen.

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

bakerjw
Elite Member

Great. Shooting firemen.

Post by bakerjw »

Four shot and 2 killed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/24/fi ... ce-search/

I strongly suspect that a foreclosure was involved and someone was pissed at the bank because of it.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
ToyotaGuru
Silent Operator

Re: Great. Shooting firemen.

Post by ToyotaGuru »

At least he was already a convicted murderer and it was illegal for him to own a gun.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Absolutely true. This man was a poster child as to how gun control does not work.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

I happen to admire firemen, EMS, and the Coast Guard. Why the hell would anybody shoot at someone who intends only good and brings no harm?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Not that it makes a bit of difference relative an instance where God's creations were murdered, but to add to things, these guys were volunteers. VOLUNFUCKINTEERS!!! For all that's holy, WHY? Human beings that take time away from their families, for little or no pay... on a moments notice from the beeper thingy in their house, and race into extremely dangerous situations to help save people/property in their community... in a most unselfserving way.

Makes me sad in a multidimensional sort of way.

Here's a thought. Especially if you live in an area served by volunteer squad/fire department. Write a note of appreciation, just a short one, and tape it on the door of the service building.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

continuity wrote: Here's a thought. Especially if you live in an area served by volunteer squad/fire department. Write a note of appreciation, just a short one, and tape it on the door of the service building.
Brownies.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

poikilotrm wrote:I happen to admire firemen, EMS, and the Coast Guard. Why the hell would anybody shoot at someone who intends only good and brings no harm?
And this is about the third time it has happened in the past couple of years.

About 20 years ago I had a friend who was EMS, and he said they get attacked all the time on calls in the 'hood. He'd been robbed, beaten up, and threatened, all while trying to save lives.

A completely baffling kind of insanity.
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio