WHOLLY CRAP prices are going on on GB

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

rogerme
Silent But Deadly

WHOLLY CRAP prices are going on on GB

Post by rogerme »

I was browsing GB for a new m16 parts kit the prices of m16's are going over 20 grand for ar15 conversions! One guy has a DIAS ( with a colt rifle ) for 22,995.00!! I s--t you not!!!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =322606625
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
warjunky1428
Silent But Deadly

Re: WHOLLY CRAP prices are going on on GB

Post by warjunky1428 »

Wow. A short search is just embarrassing. It's more or less a mob mentality at this point, and it really is embarrassing, I don't know what other word to use. PMag 2gen for 50+ average. Lowers from stripped to complete are 600+. I look forward to having nothing pass into law in the next 10 months and see the bottom drop out in 6-8. Then we'll see dealers begging people to buy guns so they can stay in business, as well as all these morons trying to sell their crap for a fraction of what they bought it for. Just a bunch of ridiculousness.
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
-- Robert A. Heinlein, "Beyond This Horizon", 1942
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

warjunky1428 wrote:Wow. A short search is just embarrassing. It's more or less a mob mentality at this point, and it really is embarrassing, I don't know what other word to use. PMag 2gen for 50+ average. Lowers from stripped to complete are 600+. I look forward to having nothing pass into law in the next 10 months and see the bottom drop out in 6-8. Then we'll see dealers begging people to buy guns so they can stay in business, as well as all these morons trying to sell their crap for a fraction of what they bought it for. Just a bunch of ridiculousness.

This. I'm saving my dollars to start offering people $400 for the ARs they panic bought for $1600 when the credit card bills come due. I on the other hand have bought 5 bcgs for $129 each and flipped them for $275 each the same day. Call me a gouger but I am a capitalist my friends.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

gunningbadger wrote:
warjunky1428 wrote:Wow. A short search is just embarrassing. It's more or less a mob mentality at this point, and it really is embarrassing, I don't know what other word to use. PMag 2gen for 50+ average. Lowers from stripped to complete are 600+. I look forward to having nothing pass into law in the next 10 months and see the bottom drop out in 6-8. Then we'll see dealers begging people to buy guns so they can stay in business, as well as all these morons trying to sell their crap for a fraction of what they bought it for. Just a bunch of ridiculousness.

This. I'm saving my dollars to start offering people $400 for the ARs they panic bought for $1600 when the credit card bills come due. I on the other hand have bought 5 bcgs for $129 each and flipped them for $275 each the same day. Call me a gouger but I am a capitalist my friends.
Bingo.

Obviously this doesn't include a Christmas 2012 spike... but what goes up must come down. Comsumer debt can't stay up there forever. If there is never a ban then prices must come back down.
-----
Ick
warjunky1428
Silent But Deadly

Post by warjunky1428 »

gunningbadger wrote: This. I'm saving my dollars to start offering people $400 for the ARs they panic bought for $1600 when the credit card bills come due. I on the other hand have bought 5 bcgs for $129 each and flipped them for $275 each the same day. Call me a gouger but I am a capitalist my friends.
I have much available to me, but I refuse to gouge. This would probably be a great time to finally get rid of the USP that I've been trying to sell though. Although if I do that I won't have a pistol to make my flower bouquets. I need to show y'all those by the way...
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

gunningbadger wrote:..
This. I'm saving my dollars to start offering ...
I need to hang out where you find these deals. I was hoping to pick something up from the people who panic bought after the last election but the only people I've ever been able to find selling stuff is "capitalists".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

I have a few ar's yesterday the guy who owns the local pawn shop wanted to know if I wanted to sell any as he was getting a ton of demand and not dealers have then in stock. I told him No not right now.. I did notice that HK ar mags are up to 100 bucks EACH now.. I got 14 brand new in the wrap I got a deal on and never used them as I have had not problem with the few dozen I use regularly. These people are going NUTS...
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
BISHOP
Silent But Deadly

Post by BISHOP »

What do you think I could get for 4 brand new, 556, smoke, waffle, circle 10, ak mags?

I paid $120 for the lot a few years ago. I've been waiting for a time like today to sell them.
PLUS, no one is selling any of these that I can find.

BISHOP
The Rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way.....
warjunky1428
Silent But Deadly

Post by warjunky1428 »

rogerme wrote:I have a few ar's yesterday the guy who owns the local pawn shop wanted to know if I wanted to sell any as he was getting a ton of demand and not dealers have then in stock. I told him No not right now.. I did notice that HK ar mags are up to 100 bucks EACH now.. I got 14 brand new in the wrap I got a deal on and never used them as I have had not problem with the few dozen I use regularly. These people are going NUTS...
I am no longer allowed to use my PMags at work thanks to some desk jockey in Quantico. Would you be willing to sell some of your HK mags? I'd be perfectly satisfied with your used ones if you want to keep the ones in the wrapper. You don't seem like the person who wants to have anything to do with the current idiocy that has plagued our community, but I would like to know if you are interested in the transaction for a sane price. I just need to find another reliable mag set for work.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

warjunky1428 wrote:
rogerme wrote:I have a few ar's yesterday the guy who owns the local pawn shop wanted to know if I wanted to sell any as he was getting a ton of demand and not dealers have then in stock. I told him No not right now.. I did notice that HK ar mags are up to 100 bucks EACH now.. I got 14 brand new in the wrap I got a deal on and never used them as I have had not problem with the few dozen I use regularly. These people are going NUTS...
I am no longer allowed to use my PMags at work thanks to some desk jockey in Quantico. Would you be willing to sell some of your HK mags? I'd be perfectly satisfied with your used ones if you want to keep the ones in the wrapper. You don't seem like the person who wants to have anything to do with the current idiocy that has plagued our community, but I would like to know if you are interested in the transaction for a sane price. I just need to find another reliable mag set for work.
Maybe I should move my crate of HK mags, both AR and MP5? No idea the prices were that high? I do need some other gun parts for some other projects......hmmmm.
beanfield33

Post by beanfield33 »

warjunky1428 wrote:
gunningbadger wrote: This. I'm saving my dollars to start offering people $400 for the ARs they panic bought for $1600 when the credit card bills come due. I on the other hand have bought 5 bcgs for $129 each and flipped them for $275 each the same day. Call me a gouger but I am a capitalist my friends.
I have much available to me, but I refuse to gouge. This would probably be a great time to finally get rid of the USP that I've been trying to sell though. Although if I do that I won't have a pistol to make my flower bouquets. I need to show y'all those by the way...
To be frank, you don't need to set the price artificially high. Just list it on gun broker and the buyers will gladly bid the price up for you.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Re: WHOLLY CRAP prices are going on on GBll

Post by silencertalk »

What is the point of referencing someone's asking price when it failed to sell?

Guns like that are $12,000 actual selling price, which is not a high price.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =324181335

Likewise, someone is asking $98,000 for a Thompson but the only one with a bid is $25,000. Again, not a high price compared to the past.

As for $50 Pmags - that is just not true. I have a 10 pack of new in wrap Emags listed and have no bids at $150. That is just $15 each.

That being said, I did sell two Glocks today for $750 each!
warjunky1428
Silent But Deadly

Re: WHOLLY CRAP prices are going on on GBll

Post by warjunky1428 »

silencertalk wrote:What is the point of referencing someone's asking price when it failed to sell?

Guns like that are $12,000 actual selling price, which is not a high price.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =324181335

Likewise, someone is asking $98,000 for a Thompson but the only one with a bid is $25,000. Again, not a high price compared to the past.

As for $50 Pmags - that is just not true. I have a 10 pack of new in wrap Emags listed and have no bids at $150. That is just $15 each.

That being said, I did sell two Glocks today for $750 each!
We need to start listing more items for sale here on the forum. I am looking for a new G30SF after I kinda f'd it up when messing with the polymer, go figure. As for the EMags, are they still available? I'll gladly take them off your hands at that price.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

They are on gunbroker.

I sold two new gen 3 Glocks with nightsights today for $750 each in MA within a few hours of listing. No one even haggled.

Don't buy the 30SF. Glock is coming out with a 30SF frame and 36 top model.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

Sold for double the price it was bought for new http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =323446481
Makes me tempted to put one of mine up on the auction block for sale
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

A week after the shooting, I picked up a few more lowers at the normal price. There is no way that I'd sell them to make a profit because as it stands right now, we don't know if they'll ever be able to be replaced.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

warjunky1428 wrote:I am no longer allowed to use my PMags at work thanks to some desk jockey in Quantico... I just need to find another reliable mag set for work.
Sniff... so why don't you use dept. issued mags? Just wondering.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
warjunky1428
Silent But Deadly

Post by warjunky1428 »

silencertalk wrote:They are on gunbroker.

I sold two new gen 3 Glocks with nightsights today for $750 each in MA within a few hours of listing. No one even haggled.

Don't buy the 30SF. Glock is coming out with a 30SF frame and 36 top model.
There are a few different sellers of 5 and 6 quantity EMags. Which username should I be looking for? If you do not mind going a transaction off of gunbroker, I am more than willing to facilitate that.

As for the 30SF, what exactly would be the significance of a 30SF frame with a 36 slide? And this purpose would be for my carry and go-to weapon, most preferred(if not must) be in .45acp. I use a holster specifically built for the 30SF, but I guess it wouldn't be an issue simply purchasing another if need be. What would your suggestion be for a glock carry in .45acp?

Thanks.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

warjunky1428 wrote:... What would your suggestion be for a glock carry in .45acp? ...
The closest wastebasket.

Sigp220.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
warjunky1428
Silent But Deadly

Post by warjunky1428 »

continuity wrote:
warjunky1428 wrote:... What would your suggestion be for a glock carry in .45acp? ...
The closest wastebasket.

Sigp220.
Yes, yes, I know there is a love em or hate em relationship with glocks. I have hated them for years, but after using a 30sf and comparing it to other compacts both in 9 and 45, I chose the glock. It does require grip and trigger guard modification to properly fit one's hand and be used with a weapons light(had to narrow and flatten the face of the trigger guard so that my x300 would fit), but I do like it.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

I agree with Continuity. Go with a Sig P220.

Mine has never failed me, stupid accurate and feels so much better than the Glock counterparts.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

I can't complain. I traded a Knight's lower for (2) NIB KBI imported SA-85's. Even gave 'em 3 days return policy. Just had to have that Knight's.

Probably could have listed it on ARF.com and traded it for a kidney :lol:
"And remember, the most dangerous thing in the world is still ignorance." - RYP
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

My auction is quantity 10.

The Glock 30 slide is too wide. The 36 slide solves this. It is 0.140 more narrow.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

Well my local pawn shop the only one anywhere near me called me to ask if I had any AR's for sale. I took over a scratch built ar I had around 400 or so into. They traded me a used Ruger Redhawk .357 a new Browning buckmark factory threaded model and a new Walther p22 and for good measure threw in a Leupold 4-12 scope also new! I told them I woudl bring over a few more tomorrow..

Clint Smith