Gun owner to Congress: 'I am not your servant'

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/ins ... r-servant/

We've seem this before in part, they print the full letter.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Gun owner to Congress: 'I am not your servant'

Post by snapshot »

This is a great example to follow. We should not be ashamed to let our voices be heard, regardless of the ramifications. It's all on the line here. Looks like this is one letter that made it past the paper shredder.
"And remember, the most dangerous thing in the world is still ignorance." - RYP
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Even beyond the moral and ethical implications made by that Marine, there is a practical one as well. If he registers his gun with the government, then the government will surrender that information to a newspaper at first request, so a list of his personal, private property becomes public domain.

How in the hell does that even make any sense?
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

His first line was "I will not register my weapons..." You're way off buddy. I'm trying to make sense of your rants, but I'm just not seeing the light.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

snapshot wrote:His first line was "I will not register my weapons..." You're way off buddy. I'm trying to make sense of your rants, but I'm just not seeing the light.
I don't feel like arguing because you seem good-natured and sincere. That said; I say this with objectivity as opposed to malice -- you and I are clearly not on the same mental level. Between this post and the other regarding the open letter to Senator Feinstein there seems to be some sort of communication gap between us. I don't feel like lowering the quality, flow, and rhythm of my speaking-pattern to transfer my thoughts to you.

Perhaps a mutual ignore is in order.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

Edit:
Perhaps a mutual ignore is in order.
I'm not sure about you, but I'm not well adapt to ignoring a situation that is left unresolved. The source of many petty arguments in my household. :D Try dismounting off of your high horse and leveling out with somebody that values a good opinion. Knee jerk reactions are what we are up against, and we should not fall prey to this emotion. I redact my previous comments and will give level headed debate another shot. There's a lot of passion on the current state of affairs in our world these days, from a lot of us, and sometimes it becomes misguided or part of a rant. I'm guilty of this, but I'm also self aware and can learn. The "old dog/new trick", doesn't apply here. I've been reading these threads for a long time, but now feel the urge to speak out. We should embrace that on this forum, not demonize it. I'm more stubborn than I care to admit, but after several concussions, multiple tropical diseases, and a game changing TBI, I've learned to constructively break "it" down. Petty issues like this should be overcome for the better of a cause that is lacking in numbers.