Go right... for lights and sirens

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

continuity
Elite Member

Go right... for lights and sirens

Post by continuity »

Irritation relative people ignoring cruiser lights and siren warning. Almost lost it at 120mph trying to make an exit ramp on a priority call.. String of traffic continued to roll along even when passed by cruiser.

What's the hard part? When one see's flashing lights, and maybe even hears a siren, fucking pull over and STOP!!!! The closure rate at those speeds is awesome. Understand if it's not seen, but if it is... Pull OVER and STOP.

If someone doesn't pull over and STOP, it draws attention from intended trajectory, making multiple situation processing
and threading way through traffic on way to (you name the tenuous situation) so much more stressful.

Just saying.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
bakerjw
Elite Member

Re: Go right... for lights and sirens

Post by bakerjw »

Remember one of my main understandings on life. Most people are stupid.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

I always yield to lights. If you really want to get pissed, try being in an ambulance where people fail to yield sometime.

A real problem is when you have people who refuse to yield as a "cultural?" thing, so the cops behave accordingly, then you yield and it screws up the cop worse than if you hadn't.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

It would seem to me that people freak out and freeze when they hear a siren. Not everyone on the road has the cool and decisive reaction of a well trained tactical mall ninja.

The average age of a driver in the USA might be in the 30's... but you have all manner of grandma, soccer mom, 16 year old kid, and a whole host of persons that have all manner of poor reactions. Not to mention the people that think "Oh, crap! What did I do? Am I guilty of something?" and freeze from that reaction.

Imagine how some anti-police guys react when they hear a siren. [fill in the blank here] I mean every AO I am in most of the people hate the police worse than rapists and pimpled whores.
-----
Ick
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

Four posts precede this one. Each of them offer valuable insight from a unique perspective without getting into a pissing match. That's crazy!!! Almost makes me feel like this isn't an internet forum.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

A related segue, more often then I'd like I see people driving with headphones on. May have something to do with ignored sirens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

doubloon wrote:A related segue, more often then I'd like I see people driving with headphones on. May have something to do with ignored sirens.
But, but... they were included with my smartphone!

Surely it must be safe.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

smcharchan wrote:Four posts precede this one. Each of them offer valuable insight from a unique perspective without getting into a pissing match. That's crazy!!! Almost makes me feel like this isn't an internet forum.
Wellll, prick tried to start something but failed, so, there's that. :lol:
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

poikilotrm wrote:
smcharchan wrote:Four posts precede this one. Each of them offer valuable insight from a unique perspective without getting into a pissing match. That's crazy!!! Almost makes me feel like this isn't an internet forum.
Wellll, prick tried to start something but failed, so, there's that. :lol:
I think you're wrong.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Well it has to be an Internet forum because one douche bag that posted is on my ignore list.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

pokémon writes.....
pokémon wrote:Or... Maybe they would be middle class to very wealthy people who know about the local polyester street gang and their predatory ways. NOBODY in my AO is enthusiastic about the cops being around. The same goes for people in Chicago, NYC, New Orleans, Baltimore, and a whole host of other locales. The cops are a far greater threat to an honest decent person than any drug dealer or other scum.
Continuity, I think I figured out why people don't pull out of the way.....

Since we know that nobody in your AO is enthusiastic about the cops being around, and since we know the cops are a far greater threat to honest and decent persons... perhaps the "middle class to very wealthy people" are finally starting to defend the "drug dealers or other scum" from you dastardly police.

Perhaps the reason they don't get out of the way is that they are expressing "passive resistance" the only way they know how.
-----
Ick
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

ick wrote:... Perhaps the reason they don't get out of the way is that they are expressing "passive resistance" the only way they know how.
It's all so clear now. Thx. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

doubloon wrote:I think you're wrong.
I know you are. :lol:
ick wrote:Imagine how some anti-police guys react when they hear a siren. [fill in the blank here] I mean every AO I am in most of the people hate the police worse than rapists and pimpled whores
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

ick wrote:
Continuity, I think I figured out why people don't pull out of the way.....

Since we know that nobody in your AO is enthusiastic about the cops being around, and since we know the cops are a far greater threat to honest and decent persons... perhaps the "middle class to very wealthy people" are finally starting to defend the "drug dealers or other scum" from you dastardly police.

Perhaps the reason they don't get out of the way is that they are expressing "passive resistance" the only way they know how.
Twice. :lol:

Ahhh Prick, let me know when you finally garner some real world experience. :lol:
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

bakerjw wrote:Well it has to be an Internet forum because one douche bag that posted is on my ignore list.
Did you know Doug Schoen is an anagram for Douche Song?
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

poikilotrm wrote:
doubloon wrote:I think you're wrong.
I know you are. :lol:
Nah, he succeeded as soon as you posted.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

doubloon wrote: Did you know Doug Schoen is an anagram for Douche Song?
Did you know doubloons were cheap worthless trinkets we caught at Mardis Gras parades when I was a kid? :lol:
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

doubloon wrote: Nah, he succeeded as soon as you posted.
Whoa! So when I posted he won? Awesome! Can I video you as you smoke that s--t you're on and post it on youtube? :lol:
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

Now this is more like it.

Thanks for the reminder.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

The town I live in is 12% Somali and you think that adults who just started driving a year ago and don't speak the native language are going to understand what you want them to do?
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

David Hineline wrote:The town I live in is 12% Somali and you think that adults who just started driving a year ago and don't speak the native language are going to understand what you want them to do?
Grin... if I really wanted to be a dick, I could have the cruiser cam video pulled and cite each person for failure to yield. Front and rear cam video for the vehicle and registration, side cam for driver ID. But I'm not, so I'll just piss and moan about it a little.

Your post kinda makes me think it might be a reinforce learning experience though...