Wyoming Threatens Arrests for Federal Gun Grabbers

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... read-On-Us
continuity
Elite Member

Re: Wyoming Threatens Arrests for Federal Gun Grabbers

Post by continuity »

Viral story. Interesting state rights position. Pot stirring at it's best. This is edge of seat stuff.

(picture of popcorn eating smiley faces place holder)
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

It would be even better if it required all FLEA's mags to be restricted to 10 rounds or less.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
oldcoot
Silent But Deadly

Post by oldcoot »

continuity wrote:Viral story. Interesting state rights position. Pot stirring at it's best. This is edge of seat stuff.

(picture of popcorn eating smiley faces place holder)
DITTO

Arma tuentur pacem
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

oldcoot wrote:...DITTO

WTF... wait... I see what you did there. Photobucket FTW. :mrgreen:
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

What a load of crap. Political grandstanding. Hot air.

Similar firearms freedom acts were passed a couple years ago. Everyone was impressed. "They'll arrest federal LE that violate the FFA! Oooooh, this has TEETH!" Whatever.

You want teeth? Here's TEETH:

State X H.B. umptifrats

1) State X's Constitution guarantees the RTKBA.
2) State X defines arms as the weaponry employed by the modern line infantryman
3) Any infringement on the RTKBA by the fedgov from the passing of this bill forward automatically triggers the following:
-A) State X declares itself sovereign
-B) State X's Constitution becomes the supreme law of the land within the boundaries of State X
-C) All federal lands and the property therein within the borders of State X become property of State X to be auctioned or used for the defense of the state
-D) All debts owed to the federal government by State X are null and void

There are other technicalities to address such as the Pledge of Allegiance in schools, moving away from the USD, etc., but that stuff will work itself out in the wash.

A line in the sand means nothing if there isn't a someone on the other side willing and ready to monkey-stomp anyone who crosses the line.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

I'd be game for that.
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

There is not a single state in the union that would wean itself off Federal spending so directly and willingly.
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

FWIW Wyoming passed their firearm freedom act back in 2010. This is a new effort and one that needs to be supported for any state legislature willing to make the attempt to shield their citizens from unconstitutional acts.

The bill is here.
http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Introduced/HB0104.pdf

One of the things that I like is this
Section 1 (c) The attorney general may defend a citizen of
20 Wyoming who is prosecuted by the United States government
21 for violation of a federal law relating to the manufacture,
22 sale, transfer or possession of a firearm, a firearm
23 accessory or ammunition owned or manufactured and retained
24 exclusively within the borders of Wyoming.

As individuals we can't do much to stand up for our rights. The Fed Gods and MSM have the deck stacked too much against us. Imagine 100 armed patriots protesting an illegal gun ban. The national guard, brown shirts, state police, regular army, U.N forces, or whomever would show up in overwhelming force and wipe out the patriots. Investigations after the fact would show that each patriot had several assault weapons and a couple of thousand rounds of ammunition in their arsenal. The left leaning yapping heads would be proclaiming that they were surely up to no good and their deaths are not a loss for our civilized society.

If a state is willing to stand along side those patriots and assert it's sovereignty then it becomes a much different story. When the Fed Gods get pissed off and decide that they will not allow it, then SMC's plan would be followed.

This week I sent a letter to every senator and representative in my state asking them to stand for our state sovereignty. A bill like this would go right to the heart of that effort. In fact I am going to dinner with my state rep. next Friday and he will certainly be given a copy of this bill as a framework.

If you know people in your state government, now would be a prudent time to contact them and have them look at Wyoming's bill.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

"Teeth" to me would mean:

1: Stepping in to prevent and arrest Federal agents trying to enforce an unconstitutional law. This includes arresting the whole chain of command (within the state) responsible for the unconstitutional action.
2: Supplying legal representation for the citizen(s) all the way up to the Supreme Court challenge.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

MV10 wrote:There is not a single state in the union that would wean itself off Federal spending so directly and willingly.
I know that. When I look at our states I feel like I'm looking at "faces of meth". Once strong, healthy bodies that continue to accept extremely self-destructive side effects as long as they get their next high.

Accepting the fedgov's manipulated funny money and standing by while we move from a federal system to a national system is NOT in the best interests of the states. I constantly struggle to understand how so few within our state(s) leadership appear to understand that concept.
This is a new effort and one that needs to be supported for any state legislature willing to make the attempt to shield their citizens from unconstitutional acts.
Baker - I hear ya man, but at this point looking to make progress through legislative action is wasted energy. The contract between the people and our government has already been violated by the actions of the government. None of the laws matter. They will do what they want, the laws be damned, and if the laws don't matter then all that matters is how the people will respond. Human action, not words on paper, is what matters at this point in our history.

At this point we are standing in a dark alley facing a group of thugs who are about to maul us. Telling those individuals that it is against the law to do so will not stop their actions. The only thing that matters at this moment is the action the thugs are going to take and the action that we are going to take. Human action, not policy or rule of law is all that matters now.
Last edited by smcharchan on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

Just to be clear, I'm of the opinion that (to some extent) the laws have always served as a distraction from what really matters: the physical actions of the government and the physical actions of the people. See the marijuana fiasco presently unfolding as a perfect example of this.

We just have a lot more distractions on the books now to keep us bickering amongst ourselves and hoping for the "laws" to save us rather than taking action.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

I know all too well that we face an uphill battle. I used to live in Illinois where there was never any chance of getting anything good accomplished since Chicago would always have the last say. Tennessee is so much different. I know my state representative and senator an our Lt. Governor gets his livestock feed at the same store as I do. I'm of the belief that all it takes is one state to say enough is enough and get bitch slapped by Barry and the D.C. gang one time too many.

The basis of our government was power to the states and not a central authority. We can only hope that it can turn back to that or survive the wild ride ahead.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

bakerjw wrote:... We can only hope...
My SSncN says at this point you can put your hope in one hat and use another hat to cover up the stench.

Beats me what me means.