300 BLK

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

silencertalk
Site Admin

300 BLK

Post by silencertalk »

doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 BLK

Post by doubloon »

I hope millions are sold.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

That Aimpoint mount seems really high... Nice blaster though.
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

OOoo.. wonder when this will (or if it will) be available.

Note that Aimpoint mount has a specific purpose of being that high. It's for operators who use NODs like the PVS-14, etc.
diablito
Silent But Deadly

Post by diablito »

Lots conflicting info coming out of KACs camp at shot about this platform!

Does it already exist? Is it for sale? Will there be/ is there already an integral version?

Btw: love the idea of KAC getting into the 300blkout game.
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

They exist.

Initially the 14.5" and 16" Barrel uppers will be sold. We are using Noveske barrels for the shorter guns (Krieger for the longer) as a result, we are unsure of a delivery date due to the wake of John's death.

We've done integral/under the rail suppressed BlackOut for two years, however we've been pretty busy at work, so commercial release has not been feasible.
Commercially we are not sure if we will release the gun with a pinned can for a 1 Stamp versus 2 Stamp gun, and right now we are focusing on getting other products out to the public.
Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations
Knight's Armament Company
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

http://www.knightarmco.com
diablito
Silent But Deadly

Post by diablito »

KevinB wrote:They exist.

Initially the 14.5" and 16" Barrel uppers will be sold. We are using Noveske barrels for the shorter guns (Krieger for the longer) as a result, we are unsure of a delivery date due to the wake of John's death.

We've done integral/under the rail suppressed BlackOut for two years, however we've been pretty busy at work, so commercial release has not been feasible.
Commercially we are not sure if we will release the gun with a pinned can for a 1 Stamp versus 2 Stamp gun, and right now we are focusing on getting other products out to the public.

Sounds very exciting.

So you'll use Noveske for the 14.5" or shorter? I know their 8.2"-12.2" rifles, uppers, barrels are practically impossible to purchase. Johns early passing only compounds that demand/scarcity.

What sort of data have you accumulated as far as "best" length for 300blkout (suppressed/unsuppressed... Subs/supers) this, I'm sure will interest many people since KAC is all about proper RnD.

How about 2 versions. Pinned and QD. I'm sure this unicorn is gonna run a bill, what's an extra $200 for a detachable can that can be used on another application.

KAC, you rock!
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

wow very nice very very nice, MSRP??

I know if you have to ask its too much huh?
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

Do you know how well it will work with subsonic ammo? I remember when Noveske 300BLK barrels came out, they couldn't cycle subsonic rounds..
post tensioned
Silent But Deadly

Post by post tensioned »

Ryo wrote:

Do you know how well it will work with subsonic ammo? I remember when Noveske 300BLK barrels came out, they couldn't cycle subsonic rounds..
Not sure on the KAC guns, but the Noveske's were designed to run/ cycle subsonic only with a suppressor.
genofromreno

Post by genofromreno »

It looks like from the display placard, this will have the E3 bolt as well?
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

genofromreno wrote:It looks like from the display placard, this will have the E3 bolt as well?
Correct.
Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations
Knight's Armament Company
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

http://www.knightarmco.com
Ramius
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ramius »

Is the 9.5" version available as an upper? If so what is the o.d. of the barrel?

I'd like to run one with a SCAR-H-SD.
Blackfoot_7

Post by Blackfoot_7 »

A suppressed KAC SBR in 300 Blackout. I know this will cost a pretty penny. Question is, do I continue to save up for an SR-25, or do I divert all funds and resources to acquiring this beauty? Maybe I'll get lucky and get to do both.

On a side note, maybe it's just me, but I prefer the look of the H1/T1 mount reversed with a forward slant.

Closet Operator
post tensioned
Silent But Deadly

Post by post tensioned »

Blackfoot_7 wrote:A suppressed KAC SBR in 300 Blackout. I know this will cost a pretty penny. Question is, do I continue to save up for an SR-25, or do I divert all funds and resources to acquiring this beauty? Maybe I'll get lucky and get to do both.

On a side note, maybe it's just me, but I prefer the look of the H1/T1 mount reversed with a forward slant.

I own both a SR-25 and 11.5" 300BLK - and while the 300BLK is a great gun I would hands down take the SR25 first. The new SR25's are probably the best guns made period.
gyz
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gyz »

I couldn't agree more Post!! My EMC/ECC is my go to weapon. Wish I could carry it on duty. I'm thinking of selling my KAC LPR because I don't shoot it!! Fired 10rds!! Poor things sits all lonely by itself in the vault!!
Blackfoot_7

Post by Blackfoot_7 »

post tensioned wrote:
Blackfoot_7 wrote:A suppressed KAC SBR in 300 Blackout. I know this will cost a pretty penny. Question is, do I continue to save up for an SR-25, or do I divert all funds and resources to acquiring this beauty? Maybe I'll get lucky and get to do both.

I own both a SR-25 and 11.5" 300BLK - and while the 300BLK is a great gun I would hands down take the SR25 first. The new SR25's are probably the best guns made period.
Thing is I've already put together a nice 10.5" 300 BLK, but it's not KAC. I'll continue to work towards the SR-25EC/ECC since it's the one configuration I've been lusting after. Maybe I'll drop some coin on the KAC 300 short upper at some point down the road.
Closet Operator
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tom12.7 »

I'm still waiting on a 9.5" and a 11.5" KAC 300 uppers. Should be worth the wait though. I have a bunch of AAC and Noveske 300 Blk guns to tide me over for a while.
Has anyone heard an estimate as to when these will start shipping?
MichaelVain
Senior Silent Operator

Post by MichaelVain »

Same here, I can't wait for the 300 BLK short uppers to come out.

I love my AAC upper, but a full KAC 300BLK SBR is just too much win.
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tom12.7 »

Yeah, the KAC SBR 300 Black uppers should be great, especially with the new 762 QDC and CQB QDC cans. The 11.5" is a no brainer, but I wonder why they went with 9.5" instead of 9" on the short model? I really like the look of the can up close to the rail. My 9"AAC SDN-6 combo doesn't give me problems, so I wonder what the extra 1/2" is all about?
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

Since they are using Noveske/Kreiger barrels, it sounds like anyone could have one built up since all the other parts are already being sold to the public.
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tom12.7 »

The KAC one has the e3 bolt though.