Liberty Kodiak TL

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

jmhallrn

Liberty Kodiak TL

Post by jmhallrn »

After a 5 month 1 week wait I finally got to pick up my Kodiak TL yesterday! This is my first suppressor, and last night was the first time I had ever heard a suppressed firearm in person. I am absolutely impressed with this thing. It didn't really seem to change the balance of the firearms I was using and it took them to "pneumatic stapler" quiet. Sweet!! I couldn't tell a difference in blowback, but from what I've read I'm sure it'll be noticeable after a few hundred rounds. Here are the pics:

And here is the Tacticool collection I've been assembling since I started looking at suppressors:

Last edited by jmhallrn on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigDave@SMDW,LLC
Silent But Deadly

Re: Liberty Kodiak TL

Post by BigDave@SMDW,LLC »

Very nice!!! Thank you for the kind words on our KTL. Get a picture to us of it mounted on one of those guns and we will get you into the photo contest.

Thanks again!!!

David
http://www.libertycans.net

Dean of "LSU" Liberty Suppressors Underground
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Nice! You do your research. That is perfect for your collection.

I have a feeling more .22 cans are in your future. All those kids need new shoes. :)
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
jmhallrn

Post by jmhallrn »

I didn't realize there was a contest. Where would I submit the photo?
BigDave@SMDW,LLC
Silent But Deadly

Post by BigDave@SMDW,LLC »

email them to [email protected] and he will take care of you.
http://www.libertycans.net

Dean of "LSU" Liberty Suppressors Underground
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Still love my TL , works good on everything and clean on mags compare to others.

Most handsome core too!
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
[email protected]
Silent But Deadly

Post by [email protected] »

You have good taste my friend! I love my Kodiak TL, and my Mystic.
Shamrock-MP
Silent But Deadly

Post by Shamrock-MP »

I just cleaned my TL for the first time last week after one year and well over 5k rounds through it, I did take it apart a few times just to inspect. I had no problem cleaning it at all. It cleaned up perfectly with a little help from the dip and a dental pic. I think I will clean it around 2k rounds from now on but I had to see what it could take and it outlasted me. The TL is an awesome suppressor and I have never heard anyone question its performance. Just look at the core, it is a work of art.
Form4
Suppressors and Firearms
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(502)671-9799
www.form4.org
jmhallrn

Post by jmhallrn »

I still love mine. It took me a while to get it apart last time, though. I let it go a few hundred rounds to far before cleaning. One of the selling points for me was the video showing how to take the TL apart on Liberty's website. If a manufacturer trusts his product enough to tell me I can beat it on a table I'm not likely to can damage it. The strength of this core is impressive!
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

If you shoot it a lot before cleaning, turn the core now and then to clean the walls of the tube. :wink:
Shamrock-MP
Silent But Deadly

Post by Shamrock-MP »

jmhallrn wrote:I still love mine. It took me a while to get it apart last time, though. I let it go a few hundred rounds to far before cleaning. One of the selling points for me was the video showing how to take the TL apart on Liberty's website. If a manufacturer trusts his product enough to tell me I can beat it on a table I'm not likely to can damage it. The strength of this core is impressive!
Then you have to see the Mystic torture tests!
Form4
Suppressors and Firearms
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(502)671-9799
www.form4.org
Trevor2011
Silent But Deadly

Post by Trevor2011 »

Shamrock-MP wrote:I just cleaned my TL for the first time last week after one year and well over 5k rounds through it, I did take it apart a few times just to inspect. I had no problem cleaning it at all. It cleaned up perfectly with a little help from the dip and a dental pic. I think I will clean it around 2k rounds from now on but I had to see what it could take and it outlasted me. The TL is an awesome suppressor and I have never heard anyone question its performance. Just look at the core, it is a work of art.

I invested in a heated sonic cleaner makes cleaning baffles a breeze.
jmhallrn

Post by jmhallrn »

Shamrock- I very nearly bought a Mystic, but I decided to get an Octane 45 first. I already have a 762sdn6 coming to take care of the rifles.

Trevor- Does the sonic cleaner help with the lead or just the carbon?
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

jmhallrn wrote: Does the sonic cleaner help with the lead or just the carbon?
It "help" with lead and works good enough if you not neglect or shoot FA.

It help to pre soak, use heat setting then run 15 -30 min or so to loosen then use bronze brushes (bell brush for blast chamber on mono core, I use cordless now. :lol: ) and small cheap metal rounded screwdriver to hit tight spots then run some more and keep flipping. 50/50 purple power & water($5 a gal) (or other ) Lead/dirt settle to the bottom of container and wipes up with paper towel, can use cleaner over and over. Always wet, no lead dust from blasting, no Toxic waste of the dip, safest way I find . If really bad, 2-3 times a year soda blast or dip but sonic clean first to get much off .

Mono cores are harder to sonic clean than baffles (no flipping end to end)

Here is crappy vid on how I do it, it has a TL and Octane in the vid, the Octane is the most easy to clean ever and shares the same mounts as the 9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTrzpFWoz0k
Trevor2011
Silent But Deadly

Post by Trevor2011 »

jmhallrn wrote:Shamrock- I very nearly bought a Mystic, but I decided to get an Octane 45 first. I already have a 762sdn6 coming to take care of the rifles.

Trevor- Does the sonic cleaner help with the lead or just the carbon?
For me it cleans everything off lead and carbon. I have a Spectre 2 and I hit the heat button and let it soak while its warming up. Then when it reaches max temp I hit the sonic button and about an hour later its back to looking factory new. If needed I will turn the baffles over during the process. Now if u have a suppressor with aluminum baffles I can't speak for how well they would survive a trip through the sonic cleaner. My baffles are stainless so I have tried different methods of cleaning them and found I like the sonic cleaner the best.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

No aluminum or Ti in sonic cleaners and clean tube by hand to save the finish.