$1800 762SDN-6??

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Re: $1800 762SDN-6??

Post by Sdustin »

Bugzy wrote:
GoingQuiet wrote:
gyz wrote:I've seen several for sale at that price. That's over 1000.00 more than I paid for mine?? Is that just panic price?
Panic, insanity, call it what you will.

Going into 2013 I had five SDN6's on my shelf the first of the year at very competitive prices.

When it became 4, I raised the price. I got $1050.

When it became 3, I raised the price. I got $1275.

When it became 2, I raised the price. I got $1500.

When it became 1, I raised the price. I got $1700.

People were willing to pay for the luxury of forms starting immediately. That's how it works.
I really couldn't give a flying F@#$< about your numbers. But what's this "People were willing to pay for the luxury of forms starting immediately". about?

Do you put people off, and deal with them at "YOUR" earliest convenience, or do you make them think they are getting more for their extra dollars spent for "YOUR" expertise and knowledge of a 15 minute form and consultation?

"YOU" damn sure can't expedite the process anymore than any other SOT..... So what was it "YOU" did differently that no one else in the business does?

Let me guess...."YOU" use to sale used cars or cell phones!!!

exactly everyone i know will start paper work as soon as its paid for.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

i missed the part where someone explained how corey held customers at gunpoint and forced them to buy from him. Last I checked, the way a free market works is vendors charge what they want and buyers shop where they please.

this whining and moaning about pricing is pretty surprising from this crowd - maybe people here would prefer Obama inplement some federal governmental controls to regulate pricing and ensure that all vendors offer the same products at a "fair" price point? Government can step in and ensure that private sellers don't do anything mean and capitalistic like charge people what they're willing to pay.

I'm seeing the same thing with magazines and any other components. I put upwards of $10K in reloading supplies and rifle components 6 mos ago, and am now sitting on a shitload of magazines, primers, bullets. I invested early and did without other luxury items so I could buy what I needed at prices I could afford. why the F--k am I morally obligated to subsidize those who didn't plan ahead and now demand that I roll back pricing to June 2012 because they can't afford the current market?

short answer is if you want an item, plan the F--k ahead and you can be assured you'll get it at a competitive price. wait until the last minute and you can be guaranteed that some (or all) will have you by the short hairs and you'll have to pay more. this is the same in every industry i know about (think about logistics costs - last minute/less delay service always costs more, sometimes much more).

And hey, If your looking for SDN-6 I also have them in stock. I'll price it at what I need to get my money out of it and get it off the shelf - probably $1050 but maybe lower or maybe more depending upon what I see other people selling them for. If you are NOT law Enforement or Military let me know - I run a civilians program for everything I sell :P (thank you for your citizenship!)
jmhallrn

Post by jmhallrn »

Umm....guys, I don't particularly like Going Quiet's pricing, but it IS capitalism. I think he was also talking about people paying extra to get a can on the shelf rather than waiting for new inventory (and, thus, delays in paperwork). With that said, one of my favorite online vendors is currently charging $50 for a pmag, so they aren't one of my favorites anymore.
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

Bugzy wrote:
GoingQuiet wrote:
gyz wrote:I've seen several for sale at that price. That's over 1000.00 more than I paid for mine?? Is that just panic price?

Going into 2013 I had five SDN6's on my shelf the first of the year at very competitive prices.

People were willing to pay for the luxury of forms starting immediately. That's how it works.
I really couldn't give a flying F@#$< about your numbers. But what's this "People were willing to pay for the luxury of forms starting immediately". about?

Do you put people off, and deal with them at "YOUR" earliest convenience, or do you make them think they are getting more for their extra dollars spent for "YOUR" expertise and knowledge of a 15 minute form and consultation?

"YOU" damn sure can't expedite the process anymore than any other SOT..... So what was it "YOU" did differently that no one else in the business does?

Let me guess...."YOU" use to sale used cars or cell phones!!!
I think you're getting the gist of the message wrong. I told every customer what I told every other else. Stock is low. If they can wait for my next large delivery, prices would be in the 800's. Or, if they wanted to start forms with low supplies, prices would be higher. They said they wanted Form 3/4 sent in now and product reserved for them now.

Some opted to wait for prices to drop (which they did, after I got my next delivery) and some opted to clear the shelf.

This is an honest insight into the buying habits of consumers.
Sdustin wrote:
GoingQuiet wrote:
Sdustin wrote:GoingQuiet thats nice that you didnt pay any more for the first as you did the last but you happily take advantage of people by making over a grand, pretty much a dick move if you ask me.
I may not have paid more, but I did commit to buying a 20+ of them months before - and people were willing to pay more to start paperwork immediately.

Also, I can assure you that I did not "make over a grand".

This is capitalism.
gyz wrote:I was thinking the same thing. Not very good business practice if you ask me.
Honesty is not a very good business practice?

Well, this is the firearm industry. I think you're right, we should do away with that.

so you bought 20 then as your stock ran low you charged more sounds like a dick move. and if sold the first ones at MSRP and then moved all the way up to 1700 you wernt even making 300 on the ones you sold at MSRP?

also what do you mean start paper work immediately wouldnt any dealer start paper work as soon as the silencer is sold? just be honest and say you saw everyone else cashing in and wanted a piece of the pie.

Im sorry to say but dealers that do these sorts of things are the ones that dont have and keep a loyal customer base and its that loyal base that will keep buying and buying from some place else, these people that are fooled to "pay more to start paperwork immediately" will be spent out fast and stop buying.

No, that's not correct. When I have 20 of them, they run on promo in the 800's and dial up from there as the shelf clears. Anyone that regularly communicates with me or watches my facebook page knows that I do promo prices whenever a big delivery rolls in.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

I don"t think people understand dealers front the money on nfa items for months with nothing to show. Pretty easy to have 50 to 100 k floating with no product in hand. 1700 is kind of crazy though . Not like he forced the guy to pay it. I tend to stay just under msrp as the margins are still pretty decent .
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

66427vette wrote:I don"t think people understand dealers front the money on nfa items for months with nothing to show. Pretty easy to have 50 to 100 k floating with no product in hand. 1700 is kind of crazy though . Not like he forced the guy to pay it. I tend to stay just under msrp as the margins are still pretty decent .
I'll tell everyone how the exact conversation went

*ring ring* Hey, I have been looking all over the country for an SDN-6, do you have one?

Me: I have one left. Prices are through the ceiling. If you can wait, I can save you a bunch of money but if you have to have it now - it's going to be 1700.

"I'm just tired of being on the phone looking all over, I'll take it!"

Sometimes, that's how it goes.

I learned a lot about business from my mom - she always said if you have what nobody else does, you should be paid well for it. This isn't rocket science or dishonesty, it's X number of buyers chasing Y number of products and not enough to go around.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
jdj
Elite Member

Post by jdj »

GoingQuiet wrote:
66427vette wrote:I don"t think people understand dealers front the money on nfa items for months with nothing to show. Pretty easy to have 50 to 100 k floating with no product in hand. 1700 is kind of crazy though . Not like he forced the guy to pay it. I tend to stay just under msrp as the margins are still pretty decent .
I'll tell everyone how the exact conversation went

*ring ring* Hey, I have been looking all over the country for an SDN-6, do you have one?

Me: I have one left. Prices are through the ceiling. If you can wait, I can save you a bunch of money but if you have to have it now - it's going to be 1700.

"I'm just tired of being on the phone looking all over, I'll take it!"

Sometimes, that's how it goes.

I learned a lot about business from my mom - she always said if you have what nobody else does, you should be paid well for it. This isn't rocket science or dishonesty, it's X number of buyers chasing Y number of products and not enough to go around.
I have to agree - simple economics, supply/demand and all that.

Of course there are 2 business models here - some people will underprice items in order to reinforce to their customers that they are fair and don't take advantage - they will likely have a more loyal customer base.

The other is to constantly adjust prices in response to increased demand like we have seen during the panic buying after Obama was elected to his first term, and now after the recent school shootings.
"I regard virginity as a correctible perversity of no interest" - Lazarus Long (Time Enough for Love), Robert A. Heinlein
Bugzy
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bugzy »

Going Quiet "Corey"

I must apologize to you sir for the comments I made in this thread with regards to your business practices.

It's hard enough to make things happen in this industry when times are stable. With the current panic rampage and run on items....I now understand your position for your actions.

I think you did exactly what the consumer desired, and fulfilled their needs.

I would buy from you anytime....and wish you the best of success Corey!

Bugzy
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlocksInMySocks »

GoingQuiet wrote:

I wish you the best of luck in the future, but you have lost my business indefinitely.
Don't be an internet tough guy...
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

Irishpride wrote:If your looking for SDN-6, I have them in stock. $1050 will never be higher even if I only have one. If your law Enforement or Military let me know. I run a LE, Military program for many products and thank you for your service.
integrity, this man ^ has it.
NP
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

GoingQuiet wrote:
Sdustin wrote:GoingQuiet thats nice that you didnt pay any more for the first as you did the last but you happily take advantage of people by making over a grand, pretty much a dick move if you ask me.
I may not have paid more, but I did commit to buying a 20+ of them months before - and people were willing to pay more to start paperwork immediately.

Also, I can assure you that I did not "make over a grand".

This is capitalism.
gyz wrote:I was thinking the same thing. Not very good business practice if you ask me.
Honesty is not a very good business practice?

Well, this is the firearm industry. I think you're right, we should do away with that.
you are gouging plain and simple
NP
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

So People are first time buyers and don't know much about the business. I know the profits are pretty high for most if they sell them at msrp so going 700 over that is pretty bad.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

GlocksInMySocks wrote:
GoingQuiet wrote:

I wish you the best of luck in the future, but you have lost my business indefinitely.

Gooby plz. This line of thinking really gets to me.

If you are the owner of a small shop and rely on these sales to stay in business, what happens when your supply line all of the sudden dries up? MSRP is fine as long as you can turn around and restock your shelves, but if it will be months before new stock arrives you could go out of business waiting for it. The property owner is not going to stop charging rent because there was a panic and all the wholesale distributors were emptied. The utility companies dont care. The employees wont be too friendly if in two months you are not able to make payroll.

As I see it any small time shop that did not raise prices during the panic wont be in business in the long term as this will surely happen again. You have to get what you can in order to build reserves to ride the panic out. It's not about being a dick or taking advantage of people. It's about ensuring the survival of your business and livelihood.
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

Sdustin wrote:So People are first time buyers and don't know much about the business. I know the profits are pretty high for most if they sell them at msrp so going 700 over that is pretty bad.
Actually it's not. The margin on cans even at MSRP is not that great.
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

m1garand30064 wrote:
Sdustin wrote:So People are first time buyers and don't know much about the business. I know the profits are pretty high for most if they sell them at msrp so going 700 over that is pretty bad.
I must have a different price list than you.
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

66427vette wrote:
m1garand30064 wrote:
I must have a different price list than you.
What % profit do you see from an average can at MSRP?
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Put it this way if you are gun shop and do not have an sot you are idiot.
Last edited by 66427vette on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

66427vette wrote:More than firearms. If you a gun shop and do not have an sot you are an idiot.
20%? 50%? 200%?

How healthy would your shop be if you could not get another can to sell for 6 months to a year?
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

I have had zero issues getting cans instock.
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

66427vette wrote:I have had zero issues getting cans instock.
I didnt ask about your ability to get cans in stock. Let's say, hypothetically speaking, you could not get another can to sell for 6 months or a year. Based on your profits from the store that result from silencer sales how bad would that impact the financial well being of your company?

Let's take it a step further. Say the "Protecting America's Children" bill becomes law and your current stock of silencers, AR's, AK's, and high cap mags are all you have left to sell...what would you do? How would that effect your business?
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
Irishpride
Silent Operator

Post by Irishpride »

Won't be the first time, won't be the last time. Personally I would be fine, I didn't get into the gun business to be rich and famous. I did it because I love it and love the interaction between myself and those who share my common interest. If all else fails I hear Wal-Mart needs to some greeters.
B&H Gun Sales
Merritt Island, FL
FFL, SOT Class 3 Dealer and LE MIlitary Distributer
[email protected]
(Facebook) B&H Gun Sales
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

m1garand30064 wrote:
66427vette wrote:I have had zero issues getting cans instock.
I didnt ask about your ability to get cans in stock. Let's say, hypothetically speaking, you could not get another can to sell for 6 months or a year. Based on your profits from the store that result from silencer sales how bad would that impact the financial well being of your company?

Let's take it a step further. Say the "Protecting America's Children" bill becomes law and your current stock of silencers, AR's, AK's, and high cap mags are all you have left to sell...what would you do? How would that effect your business?
I am loaded from my real real job. I could care less what people sell things for. My point is there is a decent markup at msrp . Which you claimed there was not. If he could sell them for 5 k each power to him. This is my fun job . My goal is to make some fun money and put cool toys in people's collections and I seem to be pretty damn good at it.
Bugzy
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bugzy »

66427vette wrote:Put it this way if you a gun shop and does not have an sot you are an idiot.
You didn't really type that yourself did you?

With that grammar and punctuation...Hows in does yous hells film outs and formed for?

Standard 2 week extension for correction I would expect!
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Double tap from phone.
Last edited by 66427vette on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Was on a phone just like I am now. I was typing without looking. Sorry teacher.