Thompson Machine Wasp wipe question

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Re: Thompson Machine Wasp wipe question

Post by rockman96 »

Just measure your old one, or the diameter where it is supposed to go... any supply house should have them. HD or Lowes might even have one that would work.
eseaton
Silent But Deadly

Post by eseaton »

Danomite45 wrote:Bump-
Does anyone have the McMaster Carr part number for the spare O-ring?
Thanks!
Daniel
Daniel,

Brooks has always taken good care of his customers. I got some extra O-rings from him and he certainly will tell you the "exact" size should you want to obtain some locally.
They ship quickly, too.
I am still very satisfied with my Wasp. Once I purchased a sheet of 1/8" neoprene and the appropriate punch AND learned to judiciously apply ultrasound gel in the core, I learned I could prepare the can and it was ready to go in a moment should I need to grab it for pest removal while folks are sleeping (seems they do not like to awake suddenly to the sound of gunfire in general), unfortunatly, that is when some of my problem critters move about my garden, etc.
I have the stainless version and painted it but intend to bead blast it and Cerakote it as the paint just cannot grip the stainless forever. Here is a picture of my set-up:

http://i55.tinypic.com/mh3red.jpg

By the way, you will notice I have Aguila 60 grain Super Sub-Sonics (SSS) in one magazine. In my own experience, I have never had a baffle strike and these hit hard. I am not aware of the twist rate of the Beretta although I am aware it is recommended you fire this heavy round in a barrel with a twist rate of 1:9. Either I am and have been lucky up to this point and I have and expensive lesson coming my way or there is something about the Beretta barrel and/or length of such that has worked out okay. I am not suggesting you do the same, just telling you my personal experience. Now that I say that, I have actually fired the same round through a CZ452 American, Walther P-22, Ruger Standard pistol with a 4 1/2" barrel, and a Browning Buckmark Camper with a 4" barrel using 3 different cans with no baffle strike at all. Remember, you may not have the same luck and get a strike on the first pull of the trigger. I am just thankful because this round is really a hard hitter.

Feel free to contact me via email (esea2000 at yahoo.com) if you have any questions I can help with. Glad to help if I can but Brooks is the man with anything Thompson Machine related and they really do make a great product at an affordable price with the customer service to back it up.

eseaton
From the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
Danomite45
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Danomite45 »

Thanks Eseaton,
I sent an e-mail to Brooks this morning as well.
I have several suppressors, and use them all quite a bit for pest control, as well as just fun shooting!
figured the Wasp would work well on the Beretta 21a, as well as the few takedown rifles I use.
I usually use wire pulling jell to make even quiet suppressors quieter.
thanks again!
Danomite
eseaton
Silent But Deadly

Post by eseaton »

Danomite45 wrote:Thanks Eseaton,
I sent an e-mail to Brooks this morning as well.
I have several suppressors, and use them all quite a bit for pest control, as well as just fun shooting!
figured the Wasp would work well on the Beretta 21a, as well as the few takedown rifles I use.
I usually use wire pulling jell to make even quiet suppressors quieter.
thanks again!
Danomite
I am curious if you have a technique for how you "install" your gel and do you use a wipe?
My question relates to the fact that gel can be injected into a can that is sealed and then tapped and manipulated to make sure the bullet channel is not obstructed. With a can that can be opened, you have more options as to how you place your gel. What works for you best of have you even tried different placements?

eseaton
From the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
Danomite45
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Danomite45 »

I just received my Wasp a few hours before I had to leave on work related trip, and have not had time to play with it yet.

I usually do wet my 45 Osprey and Silencerco SS Sparrow with wire pulling jel. I do not wet .223 or .308 cans. I don't wet my integral .22's either.
I put my wire pulling jel in a small travel size squeeze bottle. I squeeze a little bit into the threaded end. I hold the can in my hand and fling it, as if I were expanding an ASP batton. This pulls the jel toward the front and into the baffles. I usually check to be sure the path of the bullet is not obstructed. This always works for me. I understand this only works for a few rounds, however these are quiet cans without being wet. Most of my encounters of the 4 legged kind are handled in a few shots anyhow.
I plan to wet and wipe the Wasp. I don't plan to take the Wasp appart to wet it, just use my normal method.
I was going to place an order with McMaster Carr for the punch and rubber wipe material. I was hoping to get a part # for the o-rings to order them at the same time.

DVC,
Danomite!
Kdog

Post by Kdog »

rockman96 wrote:
ssnfa wrote:Thought you all might like a pic of the brand new updated WASP. Check out the new endcaps. I have one and it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Core seems to be the same.
Core is the same as what....the core in the previous pic? Mine is totally different.

Rockman

Do you have a picture of what you refer to as a different Core?

Thanks Kevin