Ammo for 22lr is sicking!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

LEON54
Silent Operator

Re: Ammo for 22lr is sicking!

Post by LEON54 »

Not what we want, but what we need.
Hawaiian
Silent Operator

Post by Hawaiian »

I laugh at the ammo prices today and the lack thereof. I started stocking up years ago before I ever heard of Obama. Remember 9mm 100 rd bulk packs at Walmart for ten bucks. I watched the price climb from there and bought more to fight off inflation. It paid off. I still have ammo that I bought at half of todays price. And for the original post in this thread, stock up when you can BEFORE the panic starts.

And this is only the tip of the iceburg. Learned that there are 5000 rounds in a case of 22
Gary.
jackson
Silent But Deadly

Post by jackson »

hawaiian,glad to see a prepper.
glocker17
Silent But Deadly

Post by glocker17 »

Homeland security has bought 1.6 "BILLION" rounds to dry up supply! FYI
Thats no more than they are currently using, just a resupply contract. Have you seen how many gun toters DHS has?

I guess folks like fanning the flames :lol:
jackson
Silent But Deadly

Post by jackson »

really.u thinks so huh.
patwa

Post by patwa »

Why does DHS need enough to fight the equivalent of a 24-year Iraqi war? Why did DHS buy 2,700 light armored vehicles?

Just fanning the flames?
eric10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by eric10mm »

I have a question for the dealers who claim that they may go out of business due to having nothing to sell.

Why?

If the manufacturers of guns and ammo are making it as fast as they can, and I have no reason to doubt that they are, why are the dealers not getting as much product as they ever did? If the product they have is simply selling out much faster than before, how does that imperil a dealer versus having the stock sit on their shelves and trickle out the door as in non-panic times?

Or is there some sort of new disconnect between the mfrs and the dealers?
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

eric10mm wrote:I have a question for the dealers who claim that they may go out of business due to having nothing to sell.

Why?

If the manufacturers of guns and ammo are making it as fast as they can, and I have no reason to doubt that they are, why are the dealers not getting as much product as they ever did? If the product they have is simply selling out much faster than before, how does that imperil a dealer versus having the stock sit on their shelves and trickle out the door as in non-panic times?

Pretty good point. At the inflated prices most of the dealers are charging for guns & ammo, they can afford to wait out the so-called "dry spell". From what I was told when I questioned a store manager, the distributors are raising the prices. Same old story.....blame it on someone else.
I don't care if a store makes a decent profit, that's why they're in business. I just don't want them to make all their profit off of me.
JohnK454

Post by JohnK454 »

In times of high demand, the BIG customers come first at the distributors and the little stores can't obtain product as easily. Competition becomes limited and prices go up. So yes, the small store might find itself with very limited stock and shrinking sales.

Ruger's "allocated" BS falls in the same category IMHO.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

eastern_hunter wrote:The lack of 22 LR available is amazing! The prices on Gunbroker are NUTS!

Sure am glad have been buying CCI SV by the brick for the last 18 months. Should have bought twice as much!
It is Amazing but I remember the last 22 shortage and the come back, Bricks went from $10 - $15 -$18!

My problem is more a weight problem, these HD 4 drawer file Cabinet can only take so much! I have a full cabinet for each caliber (or 50/50 for HP rifle)

The top drawer is my misc junk drawer, most was given to me before the scares and I need to shoot it up to get some order.

Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

rimshaker wrote:
66427vette wrote:9mm subs are long gone. Just have my personal stash.
22LR, 9mm subs, and 300 BLK are the hardest hit calibers. 22 gets all the attention, but the subs were already a small niche market to begin with. And the 300 barely had a chance to launch.
Reload reload reload, much cheaper and better! Easy calibers to do too.

wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

LEON54 wrote:I can't even find a box of 22 just to go have fun.
This is crazy. Bought a s&p 15-22 but I can't go to the home ranch and shoot. Wtf is going on? This Suxs. Abbleammo is price guaging so bad they are selling a brick for 119. They are obviously not patriots and are out there to rob peopple!. We need to start a forum that directly informs peole on where to get ammo. F--k the government! We need to band to gather and share info on where we fellow americans can get ammo "We need ammo, not homeland security"! Lets share info and placees to by ammo!

pick up an economics book and read what happens when you dont gouge. it can get really bad without gouging. which is why I <3 gouging. it means overtime, increased production , and people like you learn a valuable lesson.

are you a nra member? do you stock up? learn and adjust
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

eric10mm wrote:I have a question for the dealers who claim that they may go out of business due to having nothing to sell.

Why?

I'm not making that claim but I know a lot of smaller dealers who have no cash flow because there is no product.

You asked: why are the dealers not getting as much product as they ever did?

They're low on the totem pole. Product ships to wholesalers who then distribute it to dealers. There's not much going around - this applies to 22 ammo, 556 ammo, PMAGS, you name it.

You asked: If the product they have is simply selling out much faster than before, how does that imperil a dealer versus having the stock sit on their shelves and trickle out the door as in non-panic times?

That's just it, the product they have. You cannot find a Glock 19 magazine wholesale right now.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
jackson
Silent But Deadly

Post by jackson »

66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

I get 30 k twice a week if I need it or not. Pays to have family member at a distributor. :) The distributors have lots of stuff instock. I you were not in the top 20 percent of big spenders at on of the big places you are being passed on by sales reps.
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

That's a bit of a stretch IMO. Money/profit is the name of the game with the distributors. They're interested in moving the product out the door. They might give a bit more preference to the higher sales companies, but I don't see a rep. passing over a shop, especially if the rep. is on commission. The bigger outfits deal directly with the manufacturers. I just talked with the manager of a fairly big store and he said they just got a partial shipment direct from CCI...................
JohnK454

Post by JohnK454 »

Loaded wrote:That's a bit of a stretch IMO. Money/profit is the name of the game with the distributors. They're interested in moving the product out the door. They might give a bit more preference to the higher sales companies, but I don't see a rep. passing over a shop, especially if the rep. is on commission. The bigger outfits deal directly with the manufacturers. I just talked with the manager of a fairly big store and he said they just got a partial shipment direct from CCI...................

It IS true. Many FFLs can attest that they have been told by their particular rep "Yes, we have xyz in stock, but they are "allocated" to other reps with bigger accounts. I can't sell it to you." I have had that happen many times with Ruger firearms, for example. Some years back, these distributors did business on a first-com-first-served basis and handled backorders in the same manner. Hasn't worked that way in at least 6yrs.
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

Hmmmm...................If that is indeed the case I stand corrected, but still hard for me to believe...........I guess I no longer understand the workings of modern business.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

JohnK454 wrote:
Loaded wrote:That's a bit of a stretch IMO. Money/profit is the name of the game with the distributors. They're interested in moving the product out the door. They might give a bit more preference to the higher sales companies, but I don't see a rep. passing over a shop, especially if the rep. is on commission. The bigger outfits deal directly with the manufacturers. I just talked with the manager of a fairly big store and he said they just got a partial shipment direct from CCI...................

It IS true. Many FFLs can attest that they have been told by their particular rep "Yes, we have xyz in stock, but they are "allocated" to other reps with bigger accounts. I can't sell it to you." I have had that happen many times with Ruger firearms, for example. Some years back, these distributors did business on a first-com-first-served basis and handled backorders in the same manner. Hasn't worked that way in at least 6yrs.
This only true with places like Accusprt (who go down hill years ago from bad management) Some places still first order first serve.

We have a small mom/pop store that seem to always have the hard to get guns no one else have. They BO early and pay cash and not use places like Accusport!

Same when buying on line, you have people like CTD who gouge in these times (P-mag $75 ea), then you have DSG who will sell you 10 P-mags for $100 in the order taken.

I only buy from the good ones and so should you. :D
ericlw
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ericlw »

you guys keep talking about reloading. who on here reloads 22lr?
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

ericlw wrote:you guys keep talking about reloading. who on here reloads 22lr?
MasterCard, Visa, etc......... :lol:

If someone is looking for 22lr, I'll share my source via PM. They don't have bulk HV, only upper end subs. Their prices are right though.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.