Orleans Parish Prison

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Orleans Parish Prison

Post by mcinfantry »

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new ... index.html

it doesnt look to bad to me.
cocaine, heroin, beer, craps, guns.....

New Orleans 2013.... wow.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Re: Orleans Parish Prison

Post by Hush »

It looks like home away from home for them.
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

Hush wrote:It looks like home away from home for them.
i know, theres no women, but other than that...
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

The war on drugs certainly has been a success.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

poikilotrm wrote:The war on drugs certainly has been a success.
they are in there on drugs?

Louisiana prisions are full of violent offenders who happen to use drugs. they arent in there on weed
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

mcinfantry wrote:Louisiana prisions are full of violent offenders who happen to use drugs. they arent in there on weed
Hoo boy.... The war on drugs was supposed to restrict the manufacture, transport, transfer, sale, and usage of certain chemicals, plants, etc.

A prison is about as security minded a place as anyone can find, yet prisons routinely have drugs sold and used within their walls.

This video plainly shows narcotics not only being used, but being dosed IV with an item that is certainly contraband within the prison.

Therefore, for those incapable of understanding sarcasm, the war on drugs is a colossal fucking failure. Do you understand me now?

Oh, and I guarantee you that 60% or so of prisoners in Louisiana are in for non violent "crimes".
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

poikilotrm wrote:
mcinfantry wrote:Louisiana prisions are full of violent offenders who happen to use drugs. they arent in there on weed
Hoo boy.... The war on drugs was supposed to restrict the manufacture, transport, transfer, sale, and usage of certain chemicals, plants, etc.

A prison is about as security minded a place as anyone can find, yet prisons routinely have drugs sold and used within their walls.

This video plainly shows narcotics not only being used, but being dosed IV with an item that is certainly contraband within the prison.

Therefore, for those incapable of understanding sarcasm, the war on drugs is a colossal fucking failure. Do you understand me now?

Oh, and I guarantee you that 60% or so of prisoners in Louisiana are in for non violent "crimes".
well, do tell. cite your source. you guarantee it. i live here. i assume by non violent you mean 'drugs'
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

10 seconds of web search got me this:
Violent crime was not responsible for the quadrupling of the incarcerated population in the United States from 1980 to 2003. Violent crime rates had been relatively constant or declining over those decades. The prison population was increased primarily by public policy changes causing more prison sentences and lengthening time served, e.g. through mandatory minimum sentencing, "three strikes" laws, and reductions in the availability of parole or early release. These policies were championed as protecting the public from serious and violent offenders, but instead yielded high rates of confinement for nonviolent offenders. Nearly three quarters of new admissions to state prison were convicted of nonviolent crimes. 49 percent of sentenced state inmates were held for violent offenses. Perhaps the single greatest force behind the growth of the prison population has been the national "war on drugs." The number of incarcerated drug offenders has increased twelvefold since 1980. In 2000, 22 percent of those in federal and state prisons were convicted on drug charges.
If you look around you will find that the non violent incarceration rate runs from 50 to more than 60% across the country except for Federal prisons, which usually see less than 10% of their people incarcerated for violent crimes.

Are you just fucking with me, or are you really this uneducated? I have known this stuff since before I went into LE, and that was in the 90s.
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

nope, i spent a good part of my life in LE in louisiana. and at least here what people rot in jail for is NOT what they were arrested for.

you know, molestation of a juvenile pled to simple battery, or attempted murder pled to agg battery, or manufacture of methamphetamines and attempted murder to simple possession.

or are you fucking with me?
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

And? That doesn't change a fucking thing. You will see an incarceration rate of 60% or so for non violent crimes. If you have something to the contrary, then let's see it.
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

Make drug use and possession legal and see how fast thing get better around the country. Start treating it like the disorder it is not a crime.

Also see how fast the country comes out of a ressicison all that money Rhys spent would turn into legal useable funds for the public at large not the Mexican drug cartels to kill and rape with.

An thy brings me to the single best thing that could come from making drugs legal, the Mexican people might could make an honest living. We make the drugs cartels a legimate business. We don't allow those thy use volence to sell to America, there would be more jobs in mexico and the USA as well. It's like the government stoping milk production by killing one farms cows at a time, people are still going to use milk and need milk and want milk, where there's money to be made someone somewhere is going to do what it takes to make that cash.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

oh and these are human scum thats for sure
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Holy Crap!

Somebody smuggled a camera in there!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

doubloon wrote:Holy Crap!

Somebody smuggled a camera in there!
a CELL phone
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Oh ... nvm then, perfectly fine for inmates to have cell phones, no harm there. Probably an Obama-phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895