Civil war battle lines being drawn as Magpul, Colt, Beretta

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Civil war battle lines being drawn as Magpul, Colt, Beretta

Post by Hush »

Civil war battle lines being drawn as Magpul, Colt, Beretta and other gun manufacturers relocate to pro-Constitution states
http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot. ... wn-as.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/039897_civil ... urers.html

http://personalliberty.com/2013/04/08/r ... -to-texas/
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Re: Civil war battle lines being drawn as Magpul, Colt, Bere

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

Me as well as others in the comments are asking why Alabama was on the list of gun-hating states.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

Can you own SBRs in AL? I think a truly "free" state doesn't have ANY extra laws against owning any guns and will give you a carry permit and will allow you to carry in about any public place, is AL like that?
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

Libertarian, I agree with your post/statement, since Alabama is far better than the anti-gun lefty States on the list.

Colorado is on the haters list because of the recent law about 15 round magazines and other recent smaller annoyances. Meanwhile, Colorado still has better gun laws than many States on the pro-constitution list. Some examples are...

Always had legal ownership of SBRs, SBSs and silencers

Silencers always have been legal for hunting

Shall issue CCW permits

CCWs can carry on college campuses and in churches, etc.

In your vehicle, you have the same rights as in your home in regards to carry and loaded pistols (except rifles and shotguns cannot have a round in the chamber, but magazine loaded is OK).

Originated Castle law concept with "Make My Day" law

So...Colorado may be temporarily down in everyone's mind, but we gunowners are committed to all possible legal and political means to turn this recent Democrat party assault on freedom around here in Colorado. Meanwhile I fully support Magpul and Hi-Viz leaving Colorado as it is a powerful "jobs leaving" example to the large portion of the population who are independents (registered independents are larger than either Democrats or Republicans in Colorado). I also support the "boycotts" by shooting competitions and hunters. etc as a further significant clear message affecting jobs in Colorado. We need the independents in order to throw the gun-hating Democrats out of office.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

Sdustin wrote:Can you own SBRs in AL?
You can and you may. I own 2 SBRs here in Alabama.
Sdustin wrote:I think a truly "free" state doesn't have ANY extra laws against owning any guns
Alabamians may own all NFA goodies now: SBRs, SBSs, AOWs, Machine Guns etc.
Sdustin wrote:...and will give you a carry permit
Same here.
Sdustin wrote:...and will allow you to carry in about any public place, is AL like that?
Yes. Yes, Alabama is. And we're working on a law to prevent employers from preventing employees to have guns in their car in company parking lots.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Thinking that Ohio is one of the least restrictive bastions of firearm ownership. Discounting a couple of localized sink holes, we enjoy a great manufacturing infrastructure, world shipping opportunities via Great Lake access to the open ocean, and general business friendliness...

Yep... The weather from Nov. through March sucks... Suck HARD!!! Road work seems continuous, and the State Highway Troopers will ruin your day if you push the 10 MPH over mark. State income tax is a negative.

Still, all firearm and related industry, is welcome with open arms and generous tax breaks. :mrgreen:
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick