Element Rear Endcap Upgrade

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

cpatterson86
Silent Operator

Element Rear Endcap Upgrade

Post by cpatterson86 »

We are starting our flush rear endcap upgrade for the original Element owners and are going to start by announcing it exclusively on SilencerTalk! The upgrade will feature a new stainless steel rear endcap that resembles the Element 2. Due to the baffle design of the original Element, your new endcap will not be permanently fixed into place and your original OEM tool will still work for baffle alignment and installation.

The price for this upgrade is $125 and includes your new endcap, replacement of your o-rings, refinishing of your silencer, and shipping both ways. We are only able to take in limited numbers of Elements at a given time and you will be contacted once we are able to perform the upgrade.

In order to be placed into the queue, I need you to send the following information to me ([email protected]) with the subject line “Element Upgrade”:
First and Last Name
Street Address
City, State, Zip
Telephone Number
Serial Number

Once I receive this information, I will contact you and either send you the return shipping label, or let you know we have received your information and you will be contacted once we are able to accept your silencer for service.

John4045
Silent Operator

Re: Element Rear Endcap Upgrade

Post by John4045 »

Nice, thank you!
Tater_ga
Silent Operator

Post by Tater_ga »

Bump
Brent

Certified Silencer Nerd

Semper Fidelis (2005-2010)
BookHound
Silent But Deadly

Post by BookHound »

Well worth it!

I was lucky enough to get in early on this and couldn't be happier. Everyone at AAC treated me (and my Element) great. Just exceptional customer service. Couldn't have asked for more.

Mark
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Nice setup there, Mark. 8)
dan5505
Silent Operator

Post by dan5505 »

Nice! Why is there only 4 posts in this tread? I figured all the original element owners would be all over this.

A couple quick questions. Is the new finish the same as the old finish? Is there a spanner tool that will work with this endcap for removing the suppressor from the weapon without accidentally unscrewing the endcap?
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

dan5505 wrote:Nice! Why is there only 4 posts in this tread? I figured all the original element owners would be all over this.

A couple quick questions. Is the new finish the same as the old finish? Is there a spanner tool that will work with this endcap for removing the suppressor from the weapon without accidentally unscrewing the endcap?
Im not a fan of the look so im gonna stick with the original and maybe buy a element 2 down the road which I prefer the look of.
IB Slingin
Silent Operator

Post by IB Slingin »

I went with the upgrade as well.

Last edited by IB Slingin on Fri May 31, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

yamatitan wrote:
dan5505 wrote:Nice! Why is there only 4 posts in this tread? I figured all the original element owners would be all over this.

Im not a fan of the look so im gonna stick with the original and maybe buy a element 2 down the road which I prefer the look of.
I think the Element upgrade mount and the Element2 mount are the same.
dan5505
Silent Operator

Post by dan5505 »

Bendersquint wrote:
yamatitan wrote: Im not a fan of the look so im gonna stick with the original and maybe buy a element 2 down the road which I prefer the look of.
I agree, cosmetically they look identical. I think the Element2 mount is made of Titanium and the Element upgrade is stainless steel?

"The mount is permanently installed in the tube, which is now corrosion resistant Grade 9 Titanium."
Last edited by dan5505 on Sun May 19, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

dan5505 wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
yamatitan wrote: Im not a fan of the look so im gonna stick with the original and maybe buy a element 2 down the road which I prefer the look of.
I agree, cosmetically they look identical. I think the Element2 mount is made of Titanium and the Element upgrade is stainless steel?
The mount is permanently installed in the tube, which is now corrosion resistant Grade 9 Titanium.
The TUBE is titanium not the mount. Grade9 is titanium tubing.
dan5505
Silent Operator

Post by dan5505 »

Bendersquint wrote:
dan5505 wrote:
Bendersquint wrote: I think the Element upgrade mount and the Element2 mount are the same.
The mount is permanently installed in the tube, which is now corrosion resistant Grade 9 Titanium.
The TUBE is titanium not the mount. Grade9 is titanium tubing.
If thats the case, AAC may need to update their website.

"The ½-28 tpi mount is now a full-diameter, flush fit design, CNC machined from durable and lightweight Titanium."
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

I made my comment based on the part you quoted i havent looked at their site lately.

But by your newest quote it would appear they are made from titanium. We make our Element mounts from titanium as well, nice and lightweight!
Tater_ga
Silent Operator

Post by Tater_ga »

IB Slingin wrote:I went with the upgrade as well.

Nice SBR! Do you care if I steal this for our Facebook?
Brent

Certified Silencer Nerd

IB Slingin
Silent Operator

Post by IB Slingin »

Tater_ga wrote:
IB Slingin wrote:I went with the upgrade as well.

Nice SBR! Do you care if I steal this for our Facebook?
Thank you! I dont care at all, go right ahead!! :mrgreen:
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Bendersquint wrote:
yamatitan wrote:

Nope not the same, similar but it just looks off to me compared to the element 2. I think a lot of it is due to the straight tube on the element 2 as well.

AAC element 2 pic so you can compare the diff:
HAMMERHEAD2
Silent Operator

Post by HAMMERHEAD2 »

Sir

Just wanted to say thank you, much better.
rgb03
Silent Operator

Post by rgb03 »

Got my Element upgraded. Cost was 125$ which included shipping both ways and a refinish in cerakote. It provides a better gripping surface and I think it looks better then the original cap when mounted. Sorry about the crappy phone pics.

AirCavBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by AirCavBob »

I'm thinking I want to do this. Is this option still avaiable? Mine is one of the first batches from the Major a long time back.
01 FFL Class III SOT
South Central Kansas
Tater_ga
Silent Operator

Post by Tater_ga »

AirCavBob wrote:I'm thinking I want to do this. Is this option still avaiable? Mine is one of the first batches from the Major a long time back.
Yes, it is. Just email Cade to get the ball rolling.
Brent

Certified Silencer Nerd

Bobo
Silent Operator

Post by Bobo »

About how long is your can gone?

Bobo
cpatterson86
Silent Operator

Post by cpatterson86 »

Bobo wrote:About how long is your can gone?

Bobo
Right now, average of about 5 business days once we receive the silencer before it is shipped back to you.
dan5505
Silent Operator

Post by dan5505 »

I received my upgrade earlier this week and couldn't be happier. I took it to the range today and tested it on my 10/22 and my 22/45. I was able to remove the suppressor easily without the mount unscrewing. I tested this further at home just to see if I could get it stuck on there. If you really crank down on it, the mount will still unscrew if you only hold on to the tube, but you shouldn't have it on that tight anyway. All I needed to remove it was a piece of cloth to protect my girly hands. You can get a lot more purchase on the new mount compared to the old one. With the old mount, I would have to lightly grab the mount in a wood jawed vice to remove it when I put it on too tight.

As far as cosmetics go, I feel it is a huge improvement over the old mount. I never really cared for the look of the original one. I purchased my element based on performance not cosmetics, but the new mount satisfies the latter. The new finish looks good as well. It feels more durable than the old finish, but I haven't put it through anything rough yet.

Bobo
Silent Operator

Post by Bobo »

Sweet! I am going to ship mine off Monday! Shot a Steel Challenge match today..and the stack is in the "dip" for another hour. Cade said he would like them back clean and they expect a 5 day turn-a-round.

Bobo
Bobo
Silent Operator

Post by Bobo »

14 days door to door! Rear endcap looks much, much better IMHO!
Coating looks good.....fast turnaround. Very happy.
Bobo