AAC Ti-Rant 9 vs 9S - ETA Any pictures of the 9S, post up!

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

AAC Ti-Rant 9 vs 9S - ETA Any pictures of the 9S, post up!

Post by BriggsRi »

Hey Guys and Gals,

Are there any side by side videos of the TiRant 9 vs 9s, I checked youtube and could only find Costa rocking a 9s not sure if the ammo was subsonic or full house?

I would really like to hear a side by side, I have a 9s on order and I am just curious.

Any pictures of your 9S, please post up!

Thanks
Last edited by BriggsRi on Thu May 23, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: AAC Ti-Rant 9 vs 9S

Post by Bendersquint »

BriggsRi wrote:Hey Guys and Gals,

Are there any side by side videos of the TiRant 9 vs 9s, I checked youtube and could only find Costa rocking a 9s not sure if the ammo was subsonic or full house?

I would really like to hear a side by side, I have a 9s on order and I am just curious.

Thanks
Haven't seen any side by side videos but i know that the 9s NEEDS to be shot wet to be hearing safe according to AAC. The one i heard was loud and the owner had buyers remorse ajd wishes they got the full size one.
BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

Post by BriggsRi »

Thanks for the feed back!

Ultimately, I'm looking for something a little different. I understand that the full sized offering is going to be tops in sound reduction / performance, basically will the 9s take the edge off as compared to shooting unsuppressed?
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

BriggsRi wrote:Thanks for the feed back!

Ultimately, I'm looking for something a little different. I understand that the full sized offering is going to be tops in sound reduction / performance, basically will the 9s take the edge off as compared to shooting unsuppressed?

It definitely takes the edge off.

and wet it sounds really good.

If you are going into it with your eyes open, it's an awesome can for a specific purpose.

If i only had one 9mm can, I'd get a full-size 10 times out of 10. But as a second 9mm can, the "S" is great.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

Post by BriggsRi »

Jason,

Thank you and your right on, I do already have a 9mm can. So this would be a second 9mm can.
Tater_ga
Silent Operator

Post by Tater_ga »

BriggsRi wrote:Jason,

Thank you and you're right on, I do already have a 9mm can. So this would be a second 9mm can.
I personally love the 9s for fun shoots and tactical shoots. I don't compete on a major level, but when I do go out its nice to have a small can. Most comps require hearing protection, so the 9s mainly exists to help with staying on target and giving me an edge. It does take away a lot of the bite, but its not as quiet as its big brother. All in all, the 9s is more functional than anything. It's not really the can you use to impress your friends or other people at the range.

Its also a great "bedside" silencer being that its so small. With some good grease you can leave it sitting wet for a long time. And, God forbid, if you ever have to use a firearm in self defense the silencer will act to save the ear drums of any loved ones in the room.
Brent

Certified Silencer Nerd

Semper Fidelis (2005-2010)
BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

Post by BriggsRi »

Tater_ga wrote:
BriggsRi wrote:Jason,

Thank you and you're right on, I do already have a 9mm can. So this would be a second 9mm can.
I personally love the 9s for fun shoots and tactical shoots. I don't compete on a major level, but when I do go out its nice to have a small can. Most comps require hearing protection, so the 9s mainly exists to help with staying on target and giving me an edge. It does take away a lot of the bite, but its not as quiet as its big brother. All in all, the 9s is more functional than anything. It's not really the can you use to impress your friends or other people at the range.

Its also a great "bedside" silencer being that its so small. With some good grease you can leave it sitting wet for a long time. And, God forbid, if you ever have to use a firearm in self defense the silencer will act to save the ear drums of any loved ones in the room.

This is what I'm looking for, thank you!
BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC Ti-Rant 9 vs 9S - ETA Any pictures of the 9S, post u

Post by BriggsRi »

Post your 9S pictures in the wild, action shots, actually anything would be cool! :mrgreen:
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

BriggsRi wrote:Post your 9S pictures in the wild, action shots, actually anything would be cool! :mrgreen:
some from the studio:

Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
Trevor2011
Silent But Deadly

Post by Trevor2011 »

Damn that's small
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

I just put one on order. I am using it for a dedicated 300BLk subsonic only gun. And some 9mm use. Looking forward to it.
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

Post by BriggsRi »

The dollar picture is cool!
Prince Yamato
Silent But Deadly

Post by Prince Yamato »

I own one that I use on my Glock 26.

Shot dry with 147 gr. it is hearing safe. I think AAC doesn't market it as well as they could. Their website lists dB numbers which to me, make it look like the can under-performs, when in fact, it really excels. I actually prefer it to a full-size can and frankly, if I had to do things over again, would probably have bought it as my first 9mm can. I bring it with me to the range WAY more than my Eco-9.

I think half the people who complain about them, either don't own one or expect it to perform like a "hollywood-style" silencer. It performs well against some full-size cans. Again, this is with sub-sonic ammo. If you're shooting super-sonic, then you should probably go with a full-size can.

In short, it's an awesome can and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Prince Yamato wrote: I bring it with me to the range WAY more than my Eco-9.
That's because your Eco9 hasn't been jailbroken yet! ;)
BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

Post by BriggsRi »

My 9S just arrived and now for the wait!

God speed ATF paper work!!!
713HoustonTX

Post by 713HoustonTX »

Prince Yamato wrote:I own one that I use on my Glock 26.

Shot dry with 147 gr. it is hearing safe. I think AAC doesn't market it as well as they could. Their website lists dB numbers which to me, make it look like the can under-performs, when in fact, it really excels. I actually prefer it to a full-size can and frankly, if I had to do things over again, would probably have bought it as my first 9mm can. I bring it with me to the range WAY more than my Eco-9.

I think half the people who complain about them, either don't own one or expect it to perform like a "hollywood-style" silencer. It performs well against some full-size cans. Again, this is with sub-sonic ammo. If you're shooting super-sonic, then you should probably go with a full-size can.

In short, it's an awesome can and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.
Prince, thank you for this info. This really clears the confusion up for me, and I'm sure others as well. I currently already have an Osprey 9 pending, but also wanted an AAC 9 can to go with my Ti-Rant 45.

The main use for the 9s will be for my HD night stand piece. I think performance in relation to DB reduction comes second to form factor for HD. Don't get me wrong, performance is still important though.

Your post is very reassuring for me to move forward with the purchase of the 9s.

Thanks.
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

Wanted a photo? I'll just leave this right here..

Not sure if my 9S setup would be a tad more quiet than a stock 9S since there's a larger chamber space due to having adapters between the 3lug adapter and the TiRant.

Haven't shot it yet, but when I do, I'll bring both the full size TiRant 9 and the TiRant 9S with me w/ sound meter..
If I were to pick one of the other, I would likely go with the full size. The 9S is cool, but it's definitely smaller, smaller than I expected. I was hoping they would have something between this size and the full size. Any case I picked up the 9S since I didn't want my MP5 length too long since it is suppose to be a sub-MG, and I don't mind wearing hearing protection.
hkbeltfed

Post by hkbeltfed »

My new 9s. Sorry, the paperwork hasn't even been submitted yet, so I can only shoot it at the dealers range indoors.

http://youtu.be/CRMHxpIauto
713HoustonTX

Post by 713HoustonTX »

Ryo wrote:Wanted a photo? I'll just leave this right here..

Not sure if my 9S setup would be a tad more quiet than a stock 9S since there's a larger chamber space due to having adapters between the 3lug adapter and the TiRant.

Haven't shot it yet, but when I do, I'll bring both the full size TiRant 9 and the TiRant 9S with me w/ sound meter..
If I were to pick one of the other, I would likely go with the full size. The 9S is cool, but it's definitely smaller, smaller than I expected. I was hoping they would have something between this size and the full size. Any case I picked up the 9S since I didn't want my MP5 length too long since it is suppose to be a sub-MG, and I don't mind wearing hearing protection.
Nice rig! I'm really liking the look of that 9s with the 3lug adapter from JBTactical.

Does anyone know if the Ti-Rant 9s will work with 300 Blackout subsonic?