Pending as Feb 11th***UPDATE***

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

tacticalhillbilly

Pending as Feb 11th***UPDATE***

Post by tacticalhillbilly »

I hate waiting. If it were for on SBR that's one thing. At least you can enjoy your 16" barreled rifle while you wait! Getting Threaded barrels for all your firearms only take a few months. After that you drool looking at videos and pictures!

Is anybody here Pending around this date?

Thanks

Eddie

*************CALLED YESTERDAY AND WAS TOLD IT WAS APPROVED AUG 19TH**************
Last edited by tacticalhillbilly on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Pending as Feb 11th

Post by rimshaker »

My Sparrow went pending 2/13. Keep yourself occupied with other toys until August. At least we're halfway there now....
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

tacticalhillbilly wrote:I hate waiting. If it were for on SBR that's one thing. At least you can enjoy your 16" barreled rifle while you wait! Getting Threaded barrels for all your firearms only take a few months. After that you drool looking at videos and pictures!

Thanks

Eddie

checks cashed in February? I've got 2.

Unfortunately pending didn't happen until 6 weeks later. :-(
tacticalhillbilly

Problem is that i change my mind on what I want to suppress every week. I have changed and bought and traded like 10 things!

Eddie
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

tacticalhillbilly wrote:Problem is that i change my mind on what I want to suppress every week. I have changed and bought and traded like 10 things!

Eddie
You will be up to around 50 trades by the time its approved then.

Hurry up and wait.
BigWonton

Post by BigWonton »

I have a Spectre II that went pending on 2/13 and a Sparrow that went pending on 2/25.

Sounds like we're on the same slow boat...
DirtyHandsRob

Post by DirtyHandsRob »

i have a Warlock II pending as of Feb 13 as well.
gwendell
Silent But Deadly

Post by gwendell »

tacticalhillbilly wrote:I hate waiting. If it were for on SBR that's one thing. At least you can enjoy your 16" barreled rifle while you wait! Getting Threaded barrels for all your firearms only take a few months. After that you drool looking at videos and pictures!

Thanks

Eddie
I had 2 to go pending Jan.9.....where sent to examiners desk on May 13, approved May 24. Yours should be soon, depending on the examiner :)
" The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second "
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

gwendell wrote:

Thanks

Eddie
I had 2 to go pending Jan.9.....where sent to examiners desk on May 13, approved May 24. Yours should be soon, depending on the examiner :)

WOW, that's fast.....I have 5 cans that went pending between 11/19/12 and 12/04/12 and none of those have been approved yet.....that I know of. I haven't called the ATF, just waiting on the dealer, but he's never waited more than an hour or two after getting the approval in his mailbox before calling me so I'm assuming that the ATF still has them pending. Glad to see somebody somewhere is getting things approved quickly.
I've gotta stop this habit.
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

I went pending on Feb. 12th. I sent the paperwork in on Jan. 14th. They cashed the check on Jan. 16th. I never called till this morning. The woman told me it should be approved in Aug., which pissed me off because I was figuring July. What a bunch of bureaucratic bullshit you have to wade thru to be allowed to own a piece of glorified pipe.
tacticalhillbilly

So yesterday I got a letter from ATF. The dealer didnt put the model suppressor on the form. Fixed and sent back today! Does that mean it will be done soon?

Eddie
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

tacticalhillbilly wrote:So yesterday I got a letter from ATF. The dealer didnt put the model suppressor on the form. Fixed and sent back today! Does that mean it will be done soon?

Eddie
From what I've read, that usually means you only have a week or two left.
tacticalhillbilly

samson7x wrote:
tacticalhillbilly wrote:So yesterday I got a letter from ATF. The dealer didnt put the model suppressor on the form. Fixed and sent back today! Does that mean it will be done soon?

Eddie
From what I've read, that usually means you only have a week or two left.

That would kick ass!
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

The 5 forms that I had go pending around end of November and beginning of December approved and arrived at the dealer today! Longer waits for me than some of you guys.....I hope my waits aren't the new normal.

Good luck to you guys.....my mid February pending will prolly be approved a month and a half or two after y'alls do.
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

had my Ark30 check cashed Feb 12, went pending March 21.

im expecting late August especially since Sara Jones is no longer an examiner at all. Jason Bowers may be a little overwhelmed and learning on the fly.
cmcinc

Post by cmcinc »

My two cans went pending 2.11.13 and checks were cashed 1.17.13. Hopefully soon!
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

Well I went pending on Feb 12th, as I said in my earlier post. Got a phone call a few hours ago from my Class III dealer. ATF rejected my fingerprint cards as unreadable by the FBI. Now I gotta go get another set made. Sheriff's Office made the first set. The ATF is driving me nuts! The set I sent in was dark enough, so I don't know what the problem is. Letter said they were of poor quality.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Loaded wrote:Well I went pending on Feb 12th, as I said in my earlier post. Got a phone call a few hours ago from my Class III dealer. ATF rejected my fingerprint cards as unreadable by the FBI. Now I gotta go get another set made. Sheriff's Office made the first set. The ATF is driving me nuts! The set I sent in was dark enough, so I don't know what the problem is. Letter said they were of poor quality.

Maybe too much ink and it made the prints blur together???? That's all I can think of. Glad my trust doesn't have fingers. I'd still rather have them personally than through a trust. CLEO here doesn't sign.....that's some BS if you ask me. Ought to be illegal for him to refuse that as far as I'm concerned.
DirtyHandsRob

Post by DirtyHandsRob »

a couple of years ago when i got my CHP, i was fingerprinted. the NE State Patrol used electronic prints. i thought that was cool.
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

DirtyHandsRob wrote:a couple of years ago when i got my CHP, i was fingerprinted. the NE State Patrol used electronic prints. i thought that was cool.
Yeah, that's what they used for my concealed carry permit and run it thru the FBI check. Took all of five minutes to run. Pretty neat. That's too easy for the atf I guess.
Deja vu
Silent Operator

Post by Deja vu »

mine went pending Jan 7... still pending....
tacticalhillbilly

looks like my paperwork hit the desk of Albert Lamberger on June 20th. I get responses from 60-90days and 30-45 days. The antisipation is killing me!!!! My birthday is today and I was hoping for them to say approved. Instead I get 30-45 days.

Eddie
usmc45
Silent But Deadly

Post by usmc45 »

Pending 1/2/13............Just go the paperwork back today.
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

I called last week to check status. I should've had it in my hands according to what the woman said when I called back in June. Now the woman said it would be another 90 days due to backlog. Makes no sense to me. She said wait time is now 9 months.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Loaded wrote:I called last week to check status. I should've had it in my hands according to what the woman said when I called back in June. Now the woman said it would be another 90 days due to backlog. Makes no sense to me. She said wait time is now 9 months.

I've read several posts here saying that 9 months is the new normal. I'm super excited about having to wait longer for glorified pipe now!