ballistic 1022 kit lock

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

nashoba
Silent Operator

ballistic 1022 kit lock

Post by nashoba »

Im back and kits are in stock,THANKS again to all those who ordered and waiting for years for the kits to become reallity again! Kit now comes standard with SSS ejector,custom 304 SS bushing,lock,and custom ejector pin,I did change it a bit so any aftermarket mag release will work,drops in,replaces factory parts,still able to lock bolt BACK but much easier with kit installed.Flip the lever...locked...move it again..semi...want to see how quiet your can really is? :D
Islander
Senior Silent Operator

Re: ballistic 1022 kit lock

Post by Islander »

Do you have a website or pics?
YourCoWorker
Senior Silent Operator

Post by YourCoWorker »

GoJohnnyGo
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoJohnnyGo »

If I remember correctly this will only work with the factory trigger group. Is this still the case? I have the volquartsen group, is the lock compatible?
nashoba
Silent Operator

Post by nashoba »

The kit will only work with trigger groups that can use factory hammer bushings,if your trigger group has a torsion spring it will not work,if you have a newer 1022 with the bushings built in you will have to swap hammers,I used a volquartsen hammer and with some polishing now have a SAFE 1 1/2 lb.trigger...so you can have the lock and a sweet trigger
Max Stryker

Post by Max Stryker »

I found a ton of details on the Ballistic Bolt Lock before I purchased his kit. It's on Silencer Research web site/forum. Tom Wheeler's Gen 1 kit was called the JG Bolt Lock. His improved Gen 2 kit is called the Ballistic Bolt Lock. When I received mine it already contained what was sold as an option for gen 1 = the custom ejector.
I will try to include the link to John Titsworth's Silencer Research analysis article. Let me know if the link does not post.
http://www.silencerresearch.com/jg_bolt_lock.htm
If the link does not come through then search for "Silencer Research, JG Bolt Lock"
That should take you right to his page. Tom's direct email is shown on John's page & also in the above Bolt Lock thread. Next time I write I will post photos if Silencer Talk allows me of the kit installed & it's elegant positioning. It's is SOooo factory in appearance I cannot rave enough. Enjoy!
oldcoot
Silent But Deadly

Post by oldcoot »

tag
Arma tuentur pacem