Latest news on TiRant 45 delivery

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

HotShot101

Latest news on TiRant 45 delivery

Post by HotShot101 »

UPDATE: My FFL ordered the Ti-Rant 45 on 5/29/13. It is now 5 months later (10/6/13) and my FFL has still not received the can from AAC. This long a delay is not entirely due to ATF. AAC was very slow manufacturing my order, and I still have no word if the form 1 has been submitted to the ATF. If your FFL does not have one in stock, do not order one unless you are willing to wait up to 18-24 months for your can.

Delivery on Ti-Rant 45 is unknown by AAC at this time. They have not shipped one for months. I ordered one on May 29th, 2013 and found out today (8/26/13) that a huge shipment of outsourced Ti-Rant tubes came in out of spec and were scrapped. As per Bryon (Major Malfunction), "Tubes for the Ti-Rant 9 just came in, tubes for the 45 are due in the near future". I asked if "Near future" could be 6 months and he replied, "Yes, AAC has no known schedule date, could be 6 months but hopefully not". My FFL's form 3 transfer has not even been submitted to ATF yet, 3 months after the order. I'm not a happy camper. A 3 to 6 month delay by the manufacturer is unacceptable when added to ATF's 6-9 months.

Would be wise to check with AAC before ordering a TiRant 45. My FFL ordered from M3 Maj Malfunction and the FFL claims they were told it was in stock.
Last edited by HotShot101 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Re: Latest news on TiRant 45 delivery

Post by samson7x »

Silencershop has them in stock now...
Irishpride
Silent Operator

Post by Irishpride »

I have them in stock as well
B&H Gun Sales
Merritt Island, FL
FFL, SOT Class 3 Dealer and LE MIlitary Distributer
[email protected]
(Facebook) B&H Gun Sales
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

HotShot101 wrote:Delivery on Ti-Rant 45 is unknown by AAC at this time. They have not shipped one for months. I ordered one on May 29th, 2013 and found out today (8/26/13) that a huge shipment of outsourced Ti-Rant tubes came in out of spec and were scrapped. As per Bryon (Major Malfunction), "Tubes for the Ti-Rant 9 just came in, tubes for the 45 are due in the near future". I asked if "Near future" could be 6 months and he replied, "Yes, AAC has no known schedule date, could be 6 months but hopefully not". My FFL's form 3 transfer has not even been submitted to ATF yet, 3 months after the order. I'm not a happy camper. A 3 to 6 month delay by the manufacturer is unacceptable when added to ATF's 6-9 months.

Would be wise to check with AAC before ordering a TiRant 45. My FFL ordered from M3 Maj Malfunction and the FFL claims they were told it was in stock.

Plenty of in-stock units in with dealers on here. Cancel your other order and buy from a stocking dealer.
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
HotShot101

Post by HotShot101 »

UPDATE: I was stupid!!! Don't buy an AAC can unless your FFL has it in stock!!!! 5 months and still waiting for my FFL to receive it from Major Malfunction.

In August 2013 I got a call from AAC from the Sales Manager to inform me that the production problem with the defective tubes was finally taken care of and they are finally in full production of the Ti-Rant 45. Dealers are finally getting their backorders filled. With a May 29th order date, I'm hoping mine will arrive soon to my FFL. UPDATE: In my 6th month now, my FFL still hasn't received it from Major Malfunction.
Last edited by HotShot101 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Cough Cough Cough..... when will people learn to buy in stock.... cough cough cough

"outsourced Ti-Rant tubes".... It's a turned piece of Ti... I can understand outsourcing some things like stamped baffles or some coatings. But this seems like a pretty simple part to out source.

What happened to AAC!? It's like Remington tied their shoes together and slapped them on the ass.
krtw

Post by krtw »

My first suggestion to anybody asking about silencer purchases is to find a shop with one in stock, I made the mistake and added 5 months to my wait on a 762SDN6........dumbass. Also, if the shop says they have some coming soon......don't believe them like I did. If its not there for you to see/touch don't waste your time.
Brittsc
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Brittsc »

You guys talk about buying in stock. Does this include some of our stocking dealers on here then having it transferred to a local dealer. Or just buying from a local store only and avoiding that transfer? I really want a 338 Ti can, haven't found one in stock "local".

Britt
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

If I can't find what I want locally, I trust Silencershop for the transfer. They have real time in stock status for Form3 transfers. It does add a bit of a wait but it's much better than a LGS stating "we have some on order" and not knowing when/if they will ever come in. For what it's worth, I've also used Silenced America for a Form3 transfer....I prefer dealing with SS.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

este wrote:Cough Cough Cough..... when will people learn to buy in stock.... cough cough cough

"outsourced Ti-Rant tubes".... It's a turned piece of Ti... I can understand outsourcing some things like stamped baffles or some coatings. But this seems like a pretty simple part to out source.

What happened to AAC!? It's like Remington tied their shoes together and slapped them on the ass.
Yes, buy from in-stock dealers! :D

Outsourced tubes- there is a China/India joke in there somewhere. :lol:

What happened to AAC? Where have you been since Remmy took them over. :shock:
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Kramer wrote:
este wrote:Cough Cough Cough..... when will people learn to buy in stock.... cough cough cough

Yes, buy from in-stock dealers! :D

Outsourced tubes- there is a China/India joke in there somewhere. :lol:

What happened to AAC? Where have you been since Remmy took them over. :shock:
Outsourced parts is nothing new for the industry, and no they aren't from China!

I do wonder what's going on as well.
57fairlane
Silent But Deadly

Post by 57fairlane »

I didn't think it was possible for AAC to exist as a completely separate entity just with financial backing and apparently either did mother remington.

While Kevin was a major name that everyone knew was let go we don't have any idea what "old guard" remains.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

krtw wrote:My first suggestion to anybody asking about silencer purchases is to find a shop with one in stock, I made the mistake and added 5 months to my wait on a 762SDN6........dumbass. Also, if the shop says they have some coming soon......don't believe them like I did. If its not there for you to see/touch don't waste your time.
I would STILL be waiting on an SR7....
Brittsc wrote:You guys talk about buying in stock. Does this include some of our stocking dealers on here then having it transferred to a local dealer. Or just buying from a local store only and avoiding that transfer? I really want a 338 Ti can, haven't found one in stock "local".
Britt
I count buying in stock as in "A" dealers hands. Even if you have to Form3 it in to your dealer, it exists. If you are waiting at any point in the chain on the mfg - don't. Silencer MFGs are let's say... notorious for not shipping parts when they should partly because of the NFA reqs, partly because I think they can get away with it. In an industry with less regulation some of these shops would be put to shame and out of business quickly.

As far as AAC goes... No. This is not just "because Remmy took over", they haven't even been able to release 2012 product yet. Hell, the Ranger3, a $400 can made up of a M4-2000 core they had in 2007 or 2008 stuffed inside a thread on can, still doesn't exist. That's bat s--t insane. They brought in the destroyer of companies: Bob Nardelli, and then he quickly disappeared. That guy loves nothing more than destroying companies, maybe he just worked quickly at AAC/Freedom. No, maybe it's the law suit with Kevin, maybe it's a fundamental mismanagement, but something certainly seems to be going on there. We'll read about it in someone's online rant or biography someday :D