Pending as Feb 11th***UPDATE***

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Loaded
Silent Operator

Re: Pending as Feb 11th

Post by Loaded »

Ticked me off that it went from August to Oct. in a matter of a few weeks. It doesn't make sense that 90 days would be tacked on when I was only a few weeks away from approval. Shows you why this country is in the mess it's in...................
tacticalhillbilly

Re: Pending as Feb 11th***UPDATE***

Post by tacticalhillbilly »

So I was approved August 19th. How long before I should see the paperwork??

Eddie
jrwalker2

Post by jrwalker2 »

Just received 2 stamps back. SDN-6 was pending 1/24, approved 8/12, received 8/16. SBR was pending 1/30, approved 8/18, received 8/23. I am in Virginia, Sara Jones signed both papers, and the SBR paperwork was approved on a Sunday. So to answer your question, mine took 4 days for one, and 5 days for the other, from approved to received.
galconv500

Post by galconv500 »

I have a question on check cashing - how long is NFA taking on cashing checks during this current period? My dealer mailed in a Form 4 transfer back in early July via certified mail. He received the proof of delivery in mid-July. However, my bank is saying that the check has still not been cashed (going on approximately 5 weeks now). Has anyone else run into this issue? Is this issue with checks a "new norm?" Thanks.
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

galconv500 wrote:I have a question on check cashing - how long is NFA taking on cashing checks during this current period? My dealer mailed in a Form 4 transfer back in early July via certified mail. He received the proof of delivery in mid-July. However, my bank is saying that the check has still not been cashed (going on approximately 5 weeks now). Has anyone else run into this issue? Is this issue with checks a "new norm?" Thanks.
You might check your monthly acct. statement(s) and look for an "Electronic Withdrawl". I had the same thing happen to me and found it was electronically cashed/withdrawn TWO DAYS after the ATF received the check & forms. If done this way, your check won't show up on any statement as being cashed.
galconv500

Post by galconv500 »

To "Loaded" - Thank you for your advice. I called my bank back and you were right. There was an EFT drawn by ATF/NFA less than a week after my dealer mailed in the Form 4. Unfortunately though, my transfer request has still not gone pending. Hopefully it will go pending sometime in September and with any luck (based on current Form 4 timeframes), approval in the May - June timeframe. Thanks again for your help and advice.
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

To GALCONV500- You're welcome! Glad I was able to help you out.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

tacticalhillbilly wrote:So I was approved August 19th. How long before I should see the paperwork??
Mine was just approved Aug 20, USPS stamped on Aug 22, and at my dealer on Aug 26.

USPS moves like lightning compared to the ATF lol.
paper9
Silent But Deadly

Post by paper9 »

My experience;
7/8/13 = proof of delivery of form 4, by signature.
8/26/13 = called the office and they said;
"no record of item/form 4, it takes 90 days for the item to appear in our system,
no examiner assigned, no pending date, call back in about 30 days".

Another form 4;
3/8/13 = proof of delivery of form 4, by signature.
8/26/13 = called the office and they said;

"5/7/13 pending and examiner assigned, the process takes 9 months in total".

Phone person = Linda.
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Approved Aug. 28th., so from what I've been reading I should be getting the paperwork back late next week! I've got a lot of ammo waiting to put thru the Sparrow. It'll be approx. eight months from start to finish.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Loaded wrote:FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Approved Aug. 28th., so from what I've been reading I should be getting the paperwork back late next week! I've got a lot of ammo waiting to put thru the Sparrow. It'll be approx. eight months from start to finish.
Took home my sparrow this week also. Hope you got lots of 22LR bricks stored up.... gets addicting and very easy to go through them using a can :mrgreen:
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

Paperwork finally made it to dealer on Sept. 6. Approval date was Aug. 28. = 6 business days to arrive at dealer. Now the fun begins!
tacticalhillbilly

Post by tacticalhillbilly »

Loaded wrote:Paperwork finally made it to dealer on Sept. 6. Approval date was Aug. 28. = 6 business days to arrive at dealer. Now the fun begins!

What maker did you go with?

Eddie
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

Silencerco Sparrow. It's nice, no doubt about it. I can't make a comparison as this is my first can and probably my last. Works really well on my two 4" barreled pistols- Buckmark with cutdown barrel & S&W M&P 22. The M&P is actually a bit quieter than the Buckmark. You can use the Bulk Pack ammo in either and they're super quiet! They're even more quiet with Standard Velocity ammo - either CCI or Remington. On my 16-1/4" Ruger 10/22 the HV bulk stuff is too loud. Using Standard Velocity ammo in it makes it unbelievably quiet!!! Subsonic is a tad more quiet, but not much. I'm very happy with the Sparrow overall. I've got a Savage Mark II FS-VR bolt action on order so I can shoot out of the dinette window and not fling brass all over the place in the winter months. Just an excuse to buy another gun........
It's amazing to basically only hear the action on a semi-auto cycling when you're shooting.