NFA Forms Being Lost

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Jack_Bauer
Silent But Deadly

NFA Forms Being Lost

Post by Jack_Bauer »

Has anyone noticed their Forms being lost by the NFA or USPS after they have been approved?
"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
[b]GOA Life Member[/b]
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: NFA Forms Being Lost

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Jack_Bauer wrote:Has anyone noticed their Forms being lost by the NFA or USPS after they have been approved?
Many years ago I had an approved form sent back by my letter carrier as undeliverable. Got a call from a very nice lady at ATF about getting it back. She was kind enough to send it to my business PO box.

I blame it on a bit of a fued I was having with my letter carrier at the time. He didn't want to be bothered with packages going to apartments or condos; he just dropped in one of those "tried to deliver" pink slips in the box. I found out about this when I was at home waiting on a package. When I saw the mail man I went out to get my mail and found the slip. I turned to ask him about not trying to deliver it, and after a bit of a banter he finally had to fess up that my package was not on his truck.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Comparing faxed form dates to approved dates to postmark dates seems like alot of our form 3's are sitting around mail room for 3 to 6 weeks after being approved in 21 to 35 days.
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

I had one of mine not delivered for over 30 days after approval. I contacted my examiner and while I was on the phone he called my dealer to confirm that the stamp was not received. The dealer confirmed and my examiner sent out a copy that day.
alanjreid

Post by alanjreid »

Jack_Bauer wrote:Has anyone noticed their Forms being lost by the NFA or USPS after they have been approved?
They fired everyone that they hired to make the process go faster now there is 2 people doing the paperwork for the entire US. Just had to deal with a customer the other day took a year for his SBS stamp to comeback after they lost his paperwork
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

^ not true.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

alanjreid wrote:
They fired everyone that they hired to make the process go faster now there is 2 people doing the paperwork for the entire US. Just had to deal with a customer the other day took a year for his SBS stamp to comeback after they lost his paperwork
Couldn't be further from the truth.
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

alanjreid wrote:
Tell me you didn't just say that :roll:
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

tsands974 wrote:
alanjreid wrote:
Tell me you didn't just say that :roll:
By the sounds of it he is a dealer as well.....and we wonder where all the misinformation comes from.

:(
HK45
Silent Operator

Post by HK45 »

alanjreid wrote:
Can you provide a source for that statement?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

HK45 wrote:
alanjreid wrote:
Can you provide a source for that statement?
This ought to be good.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

I think he's talking about USPS, I noticed service had picked up a little but didn't know why.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Casper
Silent But Deadly

Post by Casper »

I had a Form 4 lost in the mail a few years ago. After waiting 3 weeks to be sure it really wasn't coming (at the request of the ATF) they resent me an official copy. Never did see the official stamp.

So it happens, but I don't think its the norm by any means.
Dennisrl
Silent Operator

Post by Dennisrl »

I had received problem letters on two form 1's. I had to send the correct forms back THREE TIMES EACH.

finally the third time I sent it registered mail. They said they didn't get them still despite having a signed receipt...I asked to speak with a supervisor and that next morning he called me back to say he found my paperwork and it was approved. Within a week I had the approved stamp back.

I am now wondering if that was coincidence or was that their "apology" for the screw ups.