Obama memorializes Navy Yard victims by calling for transfor

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Obama memorializes Navy Yard victims by calling for transfor

Post by Hush »

Obama memorializes Navy Yard victims by calling for transformation in firearms laws
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/oba ... story.html
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Re: Obama memorializes Navy Yard victims by calling for tran

Post by TROOPER »

They say that brevity is the soul of wit. To that end, it would've been shorter - if not wittier - for Obama to simply have said, "These people died while in service to defend the Constitution for which I am about to s--t on some more."

"I am a United States sailor, I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America, and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me." <---- first line of the Sailor's Creed.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

How it should read: "I am a United States sailor, I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America, and I will obey the constitutional orders of those appointed over me."

Hopefully it will be fixed in the future....
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Divorcing myself from any sworn duties I may have/be committed to, my SSNcN says that anyone who has place their hand over heart and pledged allegance to "The Flag" has:
Pledged allegence to the Flag of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands, (a very technical, and cognizant, agreement to bind oneself to the tenents of the nations origination)
one nation under God,
Indivisable,
with liberty and justice for all...

He says when people "pledge their allegance", actions to the opposite, are subversive.

He stopped short of calling such actions, criminal. He said there is no problem calling it criminal behavior, and one step short of the "kick ass and take names",.

Believe he was all wound up. Think I'm gonna stay away from him for a day or so.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Stan1

Post by Stan1 »

Hush wrote:Obama memorializes Navy Yard victims by calling for transformation in firearms laws
So he's going to allow guns on military bases now? Excellent.