ATF How long is the wait?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

EMT

ATF How long is the wait?

Post by EMT »

The ATF received my Forms on February 1st. They cashed my check on February 5th. I still have not been approved. Last time I went through this 4 months was the wait time. Can anyone tell me when I can expect to receive the stamp? If I worked like this I would be out of business.
Thanks!
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Re: ATF How long is the wait?

Post by JasonM »

seems like 9 months to approved from pending is the norm these days, but it is only growing- some are stretching to close to a year now.

More and more forms submitted and no new resources on the processing end... it's only going to get worse.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
Armorer-at-Law
Silent But Deadly

Post by Armorer-at-Law »

I assume you are talking about a Form 1 or Form 4. In that case, based on what I've been seeing, you should expect it in the next month or so.
Send lawyers, guns, and money...
Armorer-at-Law.com
07FFL/02SOT
DirtyHandsRob

Post by DirtyHandsRob »

i was pending Feb 13 and just got approved Sept 12. it was 211 days Pending to approved. still don't have the stamp though....
ChimeraPrecision
Silent But Deadly

Post by ChimeraPrecision »

Sent my form 4 jan31

Still waiting....
Keep calm, and suppress on
krtw

Post by krtw »

EMT wrote:The ATF received my Forms on February 1st. They cashed my check on February 5th. I still have not been approved. Last time I went through this 4 months was the wait time. Can anyone tell me when I can expect to receive the stamp? If I worked like this I would be out of business.
Thanks!

That is an excellent question, but I have no answer for you. I went 9 months last week, dealer called ATF and they said it was approved 30 days prior but dealer never received forms. Dealer has since requested copies of the forms, no copies have arrived yet. :lol: What a joke.

In IMHO the ATF is just playing games, the NFA was never really meant to allow law abiding citizens a way to obtain these items legally, it was merely a way to prosecute gangsters caught with certain firearms under federal law and the tax was an obvious deterrent for legal possession; most people did not have 200 dollars back in 1934 for this type of purchase (the equivalent to 3,500$ today). Because this is becoming so popular they are just stalling, making excuses, to deter further purchases; they can't raise the tax right now so they will increase the wait time beyond what most people are willing to endure.
Last edited by krtw on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
krtw

Post by krtw »

:roll:
Last edited by krtw on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

My check was cashed 2/8....I'm still waiting as well.
paper9
Silent But Deadly

Post by paper9 »

Purchase 17 Dec 2012
CLEO 20 Dec 2012
Pending 01 Feb 2013
Approved 16 Sep 2013
Stamp 19 Sep 2013

276 days
6624 hours
397440 minutes
23,846,400 seconds

or 39.4 weekends
3154tm
Silent Operator

Post by 3154tm »

Casper
Silent But Deadly

Post by Casper »

3154tm wrote:some good infor here:
http://www.nfatracker.com/Default.aspx
Agreed, NFA Tracker is a great community resource. It helps with waiting, and it gives you something else to do other than calling the ATF.
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

Check cashed Jan 16th. Stamp came on Sept. 6th. So, basically 8 months although I was told by the woman at the ATF it would take 9 months.
.300WinMag
Silent But Deadly

Post by .300WinMag »

OP - instead of asking for the conjecture of board members - have you considering picking up the phone and calling them to get an actual answer from them?

FYI - I submitted everything in April, I went pending in June, and I was told by BATFE to expect my stamp in March.

NFA Tracker is very limited in that it is 'looking back'; it does not accurately forecast the submissions in the pipeline.

The wait is only growing longer and will continue to do so - by design.
Boomstick06

Post by Boomstick06 »

Submitted mine Jan 1st and received sept 12th. Dealer told me theres currently 90k waiting for approval
Ultrastealth

Post by Ultrastealth »

Once the new trust rules are adopted (I think that there is zero chance that they won't be) the waits will get short again. Of course that's because most of us will no longer be able to get stamps. :(
seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Post by seattlite »

Whats the typically lead time between "Check Cashed" and "Pending" on suppressor/F4/Trust? On nfatracker.com is see lead times from 0 days to 2 months....is that about right?
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

seattlite wrote:Whats the typically lead time between "Check Cashed" and "Pending" on suppressor/F4/Trust? On nfatracker.com is see lead times from 0 days to 2 months....is that about right?

My last Form4 took right at 2 months from check cashed to pending.
paper9
Silent But Deadly

Post by paper9 »

Form 4 rec'd in Atlanta on 7/9/13
Form 4 pending 8/30/13