Hk tactical question

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

berserk686

Hk tactical question

Post by berserk686 »

Gentlemen,

It seems like the recurring opinion here is that USP tacticals/SDs are built from the ground up for suppressor use. Is there any truth to this? Would suppressing a P30 variant be any worse for wear, aside from the low rise sights? Am I really at a disadvantage using stock sights with a suppressor?

Thanks!

Alex
fustercluck

Re: Hk tactical question

Post by fustercluck »

I'd say the USP was modified for suppressor use. I have used standard height sights with a suppressor before. It can be done if you can imagine your sights lined up on the target while being eclipsed by the suppressor. It's easier with elevated sights, but not futile without. More important than whether a host is capable of functioning with a suppressor, is whether the suppressor will allow the host to function reliably without eventual damage. That would depend on the piston assembly in the suppressor.
shootertom
Silent But Deadly

Post by shootertom »

I have a set of the USP tactical sights if you would like them. $29
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

The tacticals were definitely were definitely made for suppressor use. I've had the Tactical 9 with an evo9 and the tactical 45 with a evo 45 and both shot well. The 45 shot better though, with water, than did with the 9.Just know that they were specifically designed for use with the KAC or a boostered suppressor but they work well with any suppressor that has a booster in it. H&K only warranties the use of the KAC cans but that may have changed.