MAC10 9mm thread adapter

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

DirtyHandsRob

MAC10 9mm thread adapter

Post by DirtyHandsRob »

i was looking to get an Octane for my F/A MAC. any chance you guys making a thread adapter for the octanes?
Andrew@Silencerco
Silent But Deadly

Re: MAC10 9mm thread adapter

Post by Andrew@Silencerco »

DirtyHandsRob wrote:i was looking to get an Octane for my F/A MAC. any chance you guys making a thread adapter for the octanes?
We are planning a few mounts for the Octane HD including a MAC option. No timeline on them at this point.
Andrew Herbst
Silencerco/SWR
Customer Service
801-417-5384
[email protected]
DirtyHandsRob

Post by DirtyHandsRob »

Andrew@Silencerco wrote:
DirtyHandsRob wrote:i was looking to get an Octane for my F/A MAC. any chance you guys making a thread adapter for the octanes?
We are planning a few mounts for the Octane HD including a MAC option. No timeline on them at this point.

hmm... awesome. need someone to do some testing on it? i'll help. :D
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

A 1.75" x 6" coaxial high volume design with the Octane baffles and "MAC" style mount ?!....

Just so the awesome guys at SWR/SilencerCo know...and I'm sure they do, it will take more than making a MAC style mount. Without a larger diameter tube, the gas and blowback will be horrific on a high cyclic rate SMG. Stick those fantastic Octane baffles in a 1.75-2" x 6-7" diameter coaxial can with a forcing cone in front and you will have the BEST "MAC" style can out there.

BUT... if they do make a mount, it should have some variation of a locking mount. The biggest downfall for suppressing the "MAC" style guns is the large threads on the barrels.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
Garrett
Silent But Deadly

Post by Garrett »

strobro32 wrote:Stick those fantastic Octane baffles in a 1.75-2" x 6-7" diameter coaxial can with a forcing cone in front and you will have the BEST "MAC" style can out there.
Hmmm. Sounds sort of like an updated version of the MK9. Definitely a cool idea.
strobro32 wrote:BUT... if they do make a mount, it should have some variation of a locking mount. The biggest downfall for suppressing the "MAC" style guns is the large threads on the barrels.
Or just skip the MAC threads (baffle strike waiting to happen), and turn a fine-pitch thread on the end of the barrel. Much better solution.
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

I would love a 2"x7-8" Octane for my Mac.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Is this happening SWR? I would pay for a serial number on a trust ahead of the changes.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
Andrew@Silencerco
Silent But Deadly

Post by Andrew@Silencerco »

We have nothing like this I am aware of in the pipeline.
Andrew Herbst
Silencerco/SWR
Customer Service
801-417-5384
[email protected]