No application processing, no statuses, NFA / Gov shutdown

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

este
Silent But Deadly

No application processing, no statuses, NFA / Gov shutdown

Post by este »

Just to save anyone from calling. While there are people in the building, there is REPORTEDLY no work being done on forms, and the phone operators for the branch are instructed to not give statuses.

I'm 2 weeks or so away from two new form4s.... FML.
74-900

Re: No application processing, no statuses, NFA / Gov shutdo

Post by 74-900 »

I called just to see myself. That's the answer I got. We can't do status dew to sequester. My question is, why are out tax dollars paying the dead beats to be there and answer the phone but not do there jobs!
Last edited by 74-900 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Geezuz. Right smack in the middle of the 90-day comment period. Perfect timing for the current NFA rush. Can morale sink any lower......
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

74-900 wrote:I called just to see myself. That's the answer I got. We can't do status dew to sequester. My question is, why are out tax dollars paying the dead bets to be there and answer the phone but not do there jobs!
The people that answer the phones are not the same people that do the approvals and the forms, they are hired specifically to answer the phones and deal with applicants.

Dead beats???? Really?
57fairlane
Silent But Deadly

Post by 57fairlane »

I don't know what you guys are complaining about, my stamp came today :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

rimshaker wrote:Geezuz. Right smack in the middle of the 90-day comment period. Perfect timing for the current NFA rush. Can morale sink any lower......

And I have 90+% of my stamps processing right now. :-(
Last edited by wacki on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casper
Silent But Deadly

Post by Casper »

57fairlane wrote:I don't know what you guys are complaining about, my stamp came today :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

It's a good thing I like waiting
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tony M. »

Yeah, this sucks. I was supposed to be a week from approval on two stamps.

Oh well. Patience is a virtue, or so they tell me. I guess I wasn't virtuous enough.
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

Tony M. wrote:Yeah, this sucks. I was supposed to be a week from approval on two stamps.

Oh well. Patience is a virtue, or so they tell me. I guess I wasn't virtuous enough.
My Liberty Mystic and SilencerCo Osprey were supposed to be approved 48 hours from now.

Not happy.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

tsands974 wrote:It's a good thing I like waiting

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to learn to like it..........maybe
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
bklyn_irish

Post by bklyn_irish »

I got four Form 4s back last week...good timing.
Baffled
Silent But Deadly

Post by Baffled »

The answer is simple... rather than funneling each $200 check into the gaping, galaxy-sucking black hole that is the general fund - certain people NEEDS their Obama phone, ya know - have that money run the forms and database process directly.

They could have Harvard MBA's processing the forms and still make a tidy profit.
KSmoker

Post by KSmoker »

Tony M. wrote:Yeah, this sucks. I was supposed to be a week from approval on two stamps.
Same here... Should have been approved this week or next. Wonder if the Fed. Govt. is still collecting taxes for these shutdown days since no services are being provided :lol:

(except military, no disrespect).
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

Any bets on how long the shutdown will last?
WarbirdsCustomGuns

Post by WarbirdsCustomGuns »

wacki wrote:Any bets on how long the shutdown will last?
2-4 weeks.
07/SOT2
Baffled
Silent But Deadly

Post by Baffled »

Certain Govt functions are moving along. I had an appointment today for the "global traveler" program - let's you bypass & zoom through U.S. customs and immigration.

The waiting list for an appointment is 3 months in most places. And it costs $100. A bit like the NFA process... slow, inefficient, expensive.
74-900

Post by 74-900 »

Bendersquint wrote:
74-900 wrote:I called just to see myself. That's the answer I got. We can't do status dew to sequester. My question is, why are out tax dollars paying the dead bets to be there and answer the phone but not do there jobs!
The people that answer the phones are not the same people that do the approvals and the forms, they are hired specifically to answer the phones and deal with applicants.

Dead beats???? Really?
I'm very much aware these people answering the phones do not do the approvals. But they can give status updates, that was my reason for calling. "REALLY" DEAD BEATS!!! They are seating at there computers, she made it clear she could not enter my info. for any updates.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

74-900 wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:

Dead beats???? Really?
I'm very much aware these people answering the phones do not do the approvals. But they can give status updates, that was my reason for calling. "REALLY" DEAD BEATS!!! They are seating at there computers, she made it clear she could not enter my info. for any updates.
Perhaps the NFRTR database is shut down right now, during the last furlough other agencies were instructed to power down their systems. If you can't access a database because it is offline then you can't give status updates.

I tried calling and they told me the system was offline and they were instructed to answer phones and forward to voicemals only.
Loki_stormbringer
Silent Operator

Post by Loki_stormbringer »

Bendersquint wrote:
Perhaps the NFRTR database is shut down right now, during the last furlough other agencies were instructed to power down their systems. If you can't access a database because it is offline then you can't give status updates.

I tried calling and they told me the system was offline and they were instructed to answer phones and forward to voicemals only.

I believe this is the issue here. Most servers / computers have been powered down because they can't pay for the operating expenses. Check around to government websites. They are shutdown for the most part. Not all but most.
M-60
Senior Silent Operator

Post by M-60 »

My dealer got 2 stamps for me in today. I'm not sure when they went out.
"Superb photos, the best I've ever seen!" ~ Oleg "Peacemonger" Volk
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

M-60 wrote:My dealer got 2 stamps for me in today. I'm not sure when they went out.
Mail to OR takes a couple days so I am willing to bet it wasn't sent out since the furlough started. ;)
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

74-900 wrote:I called just to see myself. That's the answer I got. We can't do status dew to sequester. My question is, why are out tax dollars paying the dead beats to be there and answer the phone but not do there jobs!
Relax on the dead beat thing. The people answering the phones didn't get up this morning waiting for your call, just to make sure they could bum you out.

It is what it is. The voice on the other end of your call to the NFA has a level of frustration also, not nearly as festering as your's, but just the same, they are trying to keep cool while dealing with YOU, and the systems they are constrained to.

Relax.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

WarbirdsCustomGuns wrote:
wacki wrote:Any bets on how long the shutdown will last?
2-4 weeks.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tony M. »

Well, I guess I was virtuous enough after all. I got a call from my dealer today, and it looks like they mailed my 2 stamps the day before they shut down.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

For some reason, knowing the other stamps that are still months away will be delayed longer doesn't bother me as much as the idea that these were gonna be delayed so close to approval did.