OVERRUN 9MM MICRO SUPPRESSOR $189 BLOWOUT!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Brooks@Thompson Machine
Industry Professional

OVERRUN 9MM MICRO SUPPRESSOR $189 BLOWOUT!

Post by Brooks@Thompson Machine »

Alright guys, we're cleaning house currently and have some suppressors to clear out. First up on the chopping block are some overrun 9mm micro suppressors that we did for Diamondback's little DB9 pistol. We have them available in your choice of Diamondback's proprietary thread pattern (.460"-36) or 1/2"-28.

We want these off the shelves, so they are $189 plus shipping to your Class III Dealer. More pics to come, but here is a quick one.

If you want one, email me at [email protected].

Thanks!
Brooks
Thompson Machine
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[email protected]
www.thompsonmachine.net
Will_M
Silent Operator

Re: OVERRUN 9MM MICRO SUPPRESSOR $189 BLOWOUT!

Post by Will_M »

Anyone else going to jump on this deal?
weaponsloader
Silent But Deadly

Post by weaponsloader »

I'm definitely interested, any details on the can? Is it user-serviceable, what is it made of and rated for? Does it have a booster or is it for a fixed barrel? This seems like a screaming deal....
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill every person you meet."
Syntax360
Silent But Deadly

Post by Syntax360 »

Is there any way this can be adapted or converted to 13.5x1LH?
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

How does this can compare to your Poseidon micro 9?
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

I talked to Brooks yesterday. I'll let him chime in with more details but it IS user serviceable and "is very comparable to the Poseidon."

It's 4.125" long and 1.125" in diameter and uses hard anodized 6061 aluminum throughout. The specs I could find said it weighs 3.7 ounces so that explains why it doesn't have a booster, it probably doesn't need one. It has a single wipe at the end of the can.

I could only find a thread from two years ago so info is limited.
cvasqu03
Silent Operator

Post by cvasqu03 »

I'm in for one.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

Except for its shape, reminds me of AWC's ABRAXAS.
Instead of Suppressor, maybe this should be called Moderator. Probably aprox 18dB. Not flaming, just guessing based on size. Maybe wipe brings it down further. Would really like to see a web page or catalog. These are legally binding advertisements. So they are liable for claims that fall short.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

whiterussian1974 wrote:These are legally binding advertisements. So they are liable for claims that fall short.
You sure about that?
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

whiterussian1974 wrote:Except for its shape, reminds me of AWC's ABRAXAS.
Instead of Suppressor, maybe this should be called Moderator. Probably aprox 18dB. Not flaming, just guessing based on size. Maybe wipe brings it down further. Would really like to see a web page or catalog. These are legally binding advertisements. So they are liable for claims that fall short.
Saw a video of it and it sounded pretty good when shot wet. I understand video isn't the best test, but for the cost and size of the can I don't think I'll be disappointed. It'll be perfect for a "bedside gun" can.
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tony M. »

whiterussian1974 wrote:Except for its shape, reminds me of AWC's ABRAXAS.
I'm not aware of any specific claims that thomspson has made about these suppressors?

I assume they are essentially a branded Poseidon. Look here and scroll down: http://www.thompsonmachine.net/?page_id=99
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Tony M. wrote:
whiterussian1974 wrote:Would really like to see a web page or catalog. These are legally binding advertisements. So they are liable for claims that fall short.
I'm not aware of any specific claims that thomspson has made about these suppressors?

I assume they are essentially a branded Poseidon. Look here and scroll down: http://www.thompsonmachine.net/?page_id=99
That's my point. They haven't made any claims.
I'd like them to post a web page/catalog because such forms of advertising are held to be legally binding claims that the consumer relies upon when making purchasing decisions.
As thing stand: Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware) with NO claims made other than dimensions, visual depiction, and fact that NFA Stamp is required for Transfer to certain entities.
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tony M. »

whiterussian1974 wrote:
Tony M. wrote:
whiterussian1974 wrote:Would really like to see a web page or catalog. These are legally binding advertisements. So they are liable for claims that fall short.

That's my point. They haven't made any claims.
I'd like them to post a web page/catalog because such forms of advertising are held to be legally binding claims that the consumer relies upon when making purchasing decisions.
As thing stand: Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware) with NO claims made other than dimensions, visual depiction, and fact that NFA Stamp is required for Transfer to certain entities.
I don't get why your panties are in a twist over this. Are you looking for someone to sue? I can provide a long list of deserving assholes if you are.
cvasqu03
Silent Operator

Post by cvasqu03 »

Well, I'm planning to use it on a 380 Makarov so it won't need to suppress all that much sound.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Tony M. wrote:I don't get why your panties are in a twist over this. Are you looking for someone to sue? I can provide a long list of deserving assholes if you are.
Not at all. I'm just wanting to be an informed consumer.
My previous posts simply wanted the Mfgr to post some performance info. My point that the external dimensions are great, but performance data is an important factor too.
My intent wasn't to encourage litigation. Just to gather some additional info prior to purchase.
This seems like a great deal. With the $200 NFA Tax, once you buy the can you can't very well return the item if you are dissatisfied.
A previous post said that a guy wish to purchase for a home defense gun. If this can delivers even 18dB reduction I would consider it a good choice for that purpose.
It will also help protect hearing in conjunction with ear plugs at the range.
If I didn't already have a .30 cal can, I would like this for my AK47 as a Moderator.
PS: Twisted panties can be very enjoyable. :lol:
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

I agree that more info would be great. I already sent Brooks a check but it would be cool to see either more videos or some data of what I bought already. This isn't my first 9mm can and I don't think it would be good as a first or only 9mm can, but it's stupid light and small so the low cost and novelty piqued my interest.
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

Core I saw was basically a poseidon. I have the posedion and love it for what it is, and am considering this one, since with wipes it is stupid quiet on a 22lr too. And it looks way less like a dildo than my Poseidon. I can't stress that enough, way less like a dildo. And even dry it knocks the db down from "dear sweet jesus" indoors to "wow, that is pretty bad", which is a huge improvement
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

jt526 wrote:Core I saw was basically a poseidon. I have the posedion and love it for what it is, and am considering this one, since with wipes it is stupid quiet on a 22lr too. And it looks way less like a dildo than my Poseidon. I can't stress that enough, way less like a dildo. And even dry it knocks the db down from "dear sweet jesus" indoors to "wow, that is pretty bad", which is a huge improvement
So far the pro's are:
-lightweight
-small
-cheap
-reasonable performance
-looks less like a dildo than Poseidon

Cons:
-6061 aluminum
-not super quiet
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Will_M wrote:
jt526 wrote:I can't stress that enough, way less like a dildo. And even dry it knocks the db down from "dear sweet jesus" indoors to "wow, that is pretty bad", which is a huge improvement
So far the pro's are:
-lightweight
-small
-cheap
-reasonable performance

Cons:
-6061 aluminum
-not super quiet
6061 isn't a problem for 9x19mm at 32-35kpsi. The fact that wipes deteriorate and can't be user replaced w/o $200 Stamp IS. Mfg can replace, but unless you negotiate a Lifetime Service Contract that states price for wipe replacement, you are stuck.
"I can't stress that enough, way less like a dildo."
You just cost the Mfg 2/3 of there sales. :lol:
If they make an electric motor that screws into the bore, WAY more wives would agree to this Luxury purchase. :shock:
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

Wipes can be replaced without sending the can back to the manufacturer if I understand correctly.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Will_M wrote:Wipes can be replaced without sending the can back to the manufacturer if I understand correctly.
Will - You are correct, plastic, neoprene, elastomer wipes can be replaced by end users and do not require a manufacturer to replace as WhiteRussian says.
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Bendersquint wrote:
Will_M wrote:Wipes can be replaced without sending the can back to the manufacturer if I understand correctly.
Will - You are correct, plastic, neoprene, elastomer wipes can be replaced by end users and do not require a manufacturer to replace as WhiteRussian says.

THIS. The ATF now allows it.
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Fireman1291 wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:

THIS. The ATF now allows it.
They have allowed it for well over a decade so far, how long they will allow it noone knows.
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

Bendersquint wrote:
whiterussian1974 wrote:These are legally binding advertisements. So they are liable for claims that fall short.
You sure about that?
It's called expressed warranty. Even verbal is binding. Legal theory and practical law are two different animals though. However, he is technically correct. The judge will not look past the four corners of the paper unless there is an ambiguity.
Pman5KMO
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Pman5KMO »

wacki wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
You sure about that?
It's called expressed warranty. Even verbal is binding. Legal theory and practical law are two different animals though. However, he is technically correct. The judge will not look past the four corners of the paper unless there is an ambiguity.
There you go getting all lawyer on us... Hasn't anyone told you lawyers ruin everything??? Just look at politicians!!!!
Suppressors cost less than hearing aids..