So why has Hush been MIA?

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Why did Hush take a break from the forums?

There was nothing newsworthy for Hush to report.
No votes
He needed the time to get "Repeal the 22nd" movement back on track.
No votes
Some kind of crazy problem with peeing into a cup accurately.
15%
Needed to re-write his will to include ick and to include Pokémon as a beneficiary of his NFA trust.
No votes
Dude, the guy is old. He probably just fell asleep. Old guys fall asleep all the time while they are talking.
8%
Hush discovered Candy Crush and Farmville.
62%
Other.... explain.
15%

Total votes: 13

ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

-----
Ick
Syntax360
Silent But Deadly

Re: So why has Hush been MIA?

Post by Syntax360 »

I'm guessing crushing depression brought on by daily analysis and reporting (to us) of the state of this world. I don't post much, but I miss the steady stream and aggregation of the stories of the day.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

He posted this yesterday:
I should be back by the 20th of this month. I've been cleaning house you might say, I caught my Dr.s office manager in a lie and told her to her face she was a liar and in an nice indirect way told my Dr. he was a bullshit artist.

He claimed after being a smoker for over 50 years I have cancer somewhere in my urinary tract, prostate or bladder or kidneys, I previously had an upper GI series done and was cancer free, just having some type of ring in my throat that narrows and may block food from going down. The cancer gene doesn't run in the family.
Oh, btw, if a Dr. ever tells you you are pissing blood tell him to show you, if you don't see it yourself don't believe him, he's trying to sell you a procedure, if he claims its microscopic its just a scare tactic.

So I went into the hospital to have it all checked, everything checked out fine and its all good but I spent the day pissing what felt like razor blades and burning matches. Not fun. :shock:
I guess he was looking for a down payment on a new car.

Let me just say Florida is an easy place to obtain a profession license, if you're a Dr., teacher, lawyer, etc. and lose your license in your home state just move down here and get licensed with no sweat.

Poiki, have you ever thought of having your own blog, put up a nice web page and being a one note wonder on it?
Think about it, no one to wipe out your redundant posts or ban you, yes, something to think about.

Next on the agenda is straightening out one of my kids, pardon me, I'm on a roll.
In this thead: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=122010
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

thread derailed by reality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

At least it was by reality this time....
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Syntax360 wrote:I'm guessing crushing depression brought on by daily analysis and reporting (to us) of the state of this world. I don't post much, but I miss the steady stream and aggregation of the stories of the day.
Close.....it can get to anyone after awhile but luckily my memory isn't as good as it once was, I'll read an article and forget about it in less than an hour.

Being/getting old has its perks (78 now), fading memory, getting more outspoken, etc.

As an example let me tell you about Hush's Christmas day.

All the family was gathered around the main table and darkness had fallen and people were stirring getting ready leave.
I see my oldest son's girlfriend rising so in the spirit of the holiday I got up and extended my arms to her and said "let me give you a Christmas hug goodbye!" and I started laughing, as she approached she said something that made me laugh all the more, so much more that I was losing my strength to stand and I started to slide down the front of her (um, nice soft breasts) she's trying to hold me up while yelling for my son to help her, he turns and yells OH DEAR GOD! HE'S DYING!
He quickly got me to a chair and I said to him well if someone can die from laughing that's the way to go!
I still can't remember what she said and neither can she but every time I think of it I bust out laughing. :lol:
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Hush wrote: ...He quickly got me to a chair and I said to him well if someone can die from laughing that's the way to go!
I still can't remember what she said and neither can she but every time I think of it I bust out laughing. :lol:
Can't tell you how much your presence on this site is appreciated Hush.

You are, in everyway, irreplaceable.

peace brother.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

He's avarged a post ever 1.5 hours since he joined. Maybe he got tired of posting?
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

He had a black-ops mission to run in Asia. On the way back he got side-tracked in Sudan. After deposing a local warlord, he skipped down to sub-Saharan Africa and cured AIDs. Unfortunately his Niger-to-LAX flight had a forced landing at Heathrow due to wing flap hydraulics issues, and so he toured Stonehenge, traveled back in time, got Hitler's autograph, then sodomized with a purloined Nazi Officer Walther before firing off a few rounds. He then quickly reversed the Druid ritual, reappeared on the emerald aisle, hot-wired a Concorde, and landed in New York. There he rode a unicycle over several states back to his house in time to watch a M*A*S*H* marathon while drinking a pallet of Barq's Root Beer.

He then ate bacon raw, took a two-flush mega-s--t, and logged in to ST.

I, on the other hand, had been craving a grilled cheese for the last few days, so I finally got one from a Sonic fast-food restaurant for 99 cents, but it was soggy and unfulfilling.

Comparing our respective adventures helps keep me the humble man I am today.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Good grief Troop. No way to imagine how you and Hush manage such adrenaline filled lifestyles.

My wildness in deciding to order a pizza with extra pepperoni, instead of the normal amount, nearly drove my sense of walking on the wild side into orbit.

You both make me wonder if you have death wishes. :mrgreen:
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

He claimed after being a smoker for over 50 years I have cancer somewhere in my urinary tract, prostate or bladder or kidneys, I previously had an upper GI series done and was cancer free, just having some type of ring in my throat that narrows and may block food from going down. The cancer gene doesn't run in the family.
Oh, ok, let me feel bad for anyone that looks a cigarette and says "yea, this looks like a good idea to light on fire then inhale this".... for 50 years... Then gets all pissy when their doctor suspects cancer.

The cancer gene doesn't run in the family huh? So he's a shark? Because I have some bad news for him if he's a human.
eric10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by eric10mm »

He was caught buying Chore-Boy scouring pads in a sting operation. He is currently rolling over on everybody he knows.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Hush is a stalker. The petite little brunette that he'd been hunting wised up and bought a 380 "mouse gun". Hush had to skip off to one of Japan's southern isles to brush up on his Ninjitsu in order to continue stalking without having to explain to the missus why he has 380 gun-shot wounds.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

este wrote:
Oh, ok, let me feel bad for anyone that looks a cigarette and says "yea, this looks like a good idea to light on fire then inhale this".... for 50 years... Then gets all pissy when their doctor suspects cancer.

The cancer gene doesn't run in the family huh? So he's a shark? Because I have some bad news for him if he's a human.
Well I say that because my grandfather on my mothers side died at age 94 in the hospital of blood poisoning, he smoked hand rolled cigs, cigars and pipes since he was 14 y.o., my other grandfather got blown up in a work related accident, don't remember his age and my parents died in their mid 80's of natural causes. (both smokers.)
Me I'm 78 and don't care about living so much, I think this is the reason for the longevity, the less I care the longer I seem to go on, I mean what's there to look foreword to...next weeks showing of Supernatural or Justified? I did enjoy the Breakin' Bad marathon, thanks Netflix.....oops can't forget Sharks and rEvolution.

While I'm waiting for the grim reaper I'll enjoy my adventures in TROOPER"S musings and wait for the next installment. He has a good imagination and is a good writer don't you think. :D

Well este, have a nice day.
Hush
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Hush, good ole' boy, Dad #2, fellow ST member......

A totally unrelated suggestion......

You should start "gifting" your firearms whilst you can watch you good old adopted son Ick enjoy the sweetness of your collection......

By the way, my parental units are both 80, so I know exactly what you mean... from a "son" perspective anyhow...
-----
Ick
eric10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by eric10mm »

Hush wrote: Me I'm 78 and don't care about living so much, I think this is the reason for the longevity, the less I care the longer I seem to go on, I mean what's there to look foreword to...next weeks showing of Supernatural or Justified? I did enjoy the Breakin' Bad marathon, thanks Netflix.....oops can't forget Sharks and rEvolution.
You old guys have to stick around long enough to tell us young'uns all the good stories. :wink: