Does your dealer sign box 10 before you receive your forms?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Ridgeway

Does your dealer sign box 10 before you receive your forms?

Post by Ridgeway »

I've used a couple different dealers locally and both prepare the form 4's and mail them to me. However, neither signs in box 10 until I bring the forms back and give to them to mail.

Is this SOP? It's obviously a hassle #1 to bring them back & #2 I'd rather mail them myself.
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Re: Does your dealer sign box 10 before you receive your for

Post by rockman96 »

Yes to the box 10 question. But I've never had one want to mail the forms for me... Why do they want to mail the forms?
Ridgeway

Post by Ridgeway »

rockman96 wrote:Yes to the box 10 question. But I've never had one want to mail the forms for me... Why do they want to mail the forms?
Don't know, control I suppose to ensure in their opinion everything is sent correctly. @ least 1 would let me mail if I picked the forms up again after completion. But that's not really worth the hassle.

But if it's standard to not sign block 10 until the transferee has completed the rest of the form, I guess I won't bother trying to convince them otherwise.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

I only sign Forms when it comes back after the buyer does their part.

Less possibilities of errors if I can look it over before it is submitted and then I know with certainty that the forms are submitted.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Any dealer I use doesn't see the form till I have them sign it...then I send it.
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

Ridgeway wrote:
rockman96 wrote:Yes to the box 10 question. But I've never had one want to mail the forms for me... Why do they want to mail the forms?
Don't know, control I suppose to ensure in their opinion everything is sent correctly. @ least 1 would let me mail if I picked the forms up again after completion. But that's not really worth the hassle.

But if it's standard to not sign block 10 until the transferee has completed the rest of the form, I guess I won't bother trying to convince them otherwise.
Sorry, I wrote that totally wrong... I knew what I was *trying* to say. Which was:

The dealer(s) I've dealt with have always filled out the online forms for me, printed them out, checked and signed them, and then handed them over to me. From there I affix my pics, take them to the sheriff for sigs, and mail them off. The dealer(s) don't see the form again until it is returned to them by the ATF. Personally, I would't have it any other way.