AAC 556 SD

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

Imma417

AAC 556 SD

Post by Imma417 »

Anyone have one and if so what do you think of it? What compensator are you using with it?
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC 556 SD

Post by 66427vette »

Not out yet.
Imma417

Post by Imma417 »

66427vette wrote:Not out yet.
Is there an ETA on when it will be released? I'm new to the suppressor world and from what I have researched this seems to be a pretty good start. Any recommendations?
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

What is your budget?
Imma417

Post by Imma417 »

66427vette wrote:What is your budget?
The suppressor itself, I would like to stay under $1000. The reason why I say that is because I am getting ready to set up a gun trust so my wife could use it as well if I wasn't home. The gun trust fee is $200, then taking in consideration of the $200 tax stamp, with the 556-SD at $650, that puts me at $1050 already. I doubt this would be my last suppressor, just like I will always keep buying guns. I am looking for a suppressor that is going to be pretty quiet, mainly eliminating that sound and flash if I had to use it in a home defense situation. I don't want to be disorientated and deaf if there are 3 intruders and I only get one. I know reaching "Hollywood" quiet is not possible.

So with my budget, I am flexible though. I leave for bootcamp next month, so I wont be able to buy anything until I am done with A school which will be around August or so. They really need to eliminate the time it takes to actually get to walk out the door with your suppressor. It sucks spending that kind of money, and not having anything to show for it for anywhere between 6 months to a year. It's a new toy and you want to play with it now! :D
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCKNBRD »

Sounds like you're enlisting and are going to be gone for a while...I'd recommend saving your sheckles and wait till you hit your duty station. Get someone in JAG to help draft a revocable living trust for whatever state you're going to be residing in, and save the $$$ on the 'lawyer approved' trust.

Heck, I did mine on Willmaker.

Just 2 pennies to try to help you save some $$$.

Byrdman
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

Don't wait for a suppressor to become reality, buy what is in stock now, especially if you want your new toy fast. Specwar 556 is 550.00 at silencershop.com.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Imma417

Post by Imma417 »

MCKNBRD wrote:Sounds like you're enlisting and are going to be gone for a while...I'd recommend saving your sheckles and wait till you hit your duty station. Get someone in JAG to help draft a revocable living trust for whatever state you're going to be residing in, and save the $$$ on the 'lawyer approved' trust.

Heck, I did mine on Willmaker.

Just 2 pennies to try to help you save some $$$.

Byrdman

That is correct, leave on the 19th for the Navy. Pretty excited. I heard a few bad things about setting one up as a revocable living trust. The one I was using was with guntrust.com, based out of FL. I have heard a lot of good stuff about these guys. But I do appreciate the recommendation. I do plan on waiting though until I hit my first duty station. I am just doing the research I can while I still can.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

listen to Byrdman.....
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCKNBRD »

If sending your $200 to a lawyer in Florida to help fuel up his boat in the harbor is what you want to do and makes you feel better, go for it. Personally, I'd hold off and let a JAG member write one & notarize it for free.

A 'Gun Trust' is a marketing name for a Revocable Living Trust. Believe me, the BATFE doesn't give a hoot about where you got your trust or how much you spent on it; as long as it fulfills the requirements of the state you reside in, you are good to go.

Byrdman
Imma417

Post by Imma417 »

MCKNBRD wrote:If sending your $200 to a lawyer in Florida to help fuel up his boat in the harbor is what you want to do and makes you feel better, go for it. Personally, I'd hold off and let a JAG member write one & notarize it for free.

A 'Gun Trust' is a marketing name for a Revocable Living Trust. Believe me, the BATFE doesn't give a hoot about where you got your trust or how much you spent on it; as long as it fulfills the requirements of the state you reside in, you are good to go.

Byrdman
No Byrdman, I appreciate it. I'll probably hold off on it. Thank you though. My next newbie questions are; what about if you move to another state do you have to do anything with your Trust? I have read that you have to notify ATF, not sure if that's true... Next question, how do I add the ATF item to the trust? Will they just put the tax stamp on it and write the serial number and stuff down? Lastly do people put their other non-class II firearms on their trust? Benefits?
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Imma417 wrote:
MCKNBRD wrote:If sending your $200 to a lawyer in Florida to help fuel up his boat in the harbor is what you want to do and makes you feel better, go for it. Personally, I'd hold off and let a JAG member write one & notarize it for free.

Byrdman
No Byrdman, I appreciate it. I'll probably hold off on it. Thank you though. My next newbie questions are; what about if you move to another state do you have to do anything with your Trust?Your Trust would have to be legal in the new state and you would need to inform BATF of the relocation of the NFA items. I have read that you have to notify ATF, not sure if that's true... Next question, how do I add the ATF item to the trust?Just add the Item to your Schedule "A", I describe it and put the serial number. Will they just put the tax stamp on it and write the serial number and stuff down? Lastly do people put their other non-class II firearms on their trust? No, keep it Just NFA Benefits?
Not Byrdman but those are my thoughts. You will hear some say that you don't add the item to your Trust till it has been approved. Others (like me) will tell you that the Trust owns the item when it is paid for and you are just awaiting approval to possess so add it when you send in the copy of the Trust with your Form1 or 4. I always add the item when it is paid for and I have 12 approved stamps with 2 pending.
Edit to add, I have a Quicken Willmaker Trust. Following the death of my youngest Son I was having some estate work done through a Lawyer and just to be able to counter the nay-sayers I had the Lawyer look over the Quicken Trust. He declared the Trust good to go in my State.
FA Gunner
Silent Operator

Post by FA Gunner »

I couldn't ever get a JAG lawyer to do a trust for me. They can do wills and powers of attorney and that is about it. None would ever do a trust, never told them it was for a NFA just asked if they could do a regular trust. I went the Willmaker route and just had them notarize it for me.